University of Colorado interview on June 10th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
greenstick
Thank you. It must be a bit hard to carve pencil in green stick?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
U guys mean carve a pencil shape out of green stick and not melt the wax and create the shape right?

Any male willing to share accommodation for the 14th june interview?

My friend (male) is still looking for accomodation. If you are still looking please let me know!

Members don't see this ad :)
Remember people huffing and puffing in frustration trying to carve tuff and brittle green stick with a dull carver, some broke it, which meant failure. Take a stick and put it down on a table. Heat your carver and place it next to stick like a blade of a sharpener. Roll the stick and take wax off. Repeat

Reactions: 1 users
Remember people huffing and puffing in frustration trying to carve tuff and brittle green stick with a dull carver, some broke it, which meant failure. Take a stick and put it down on a table. Heat your carver and place it next to stick like a blade of a sharpener. Roll the stick and take wax off. Repeat
Thank you! Are you done with your interview in colorado?

Thanks so much.... U mean how we sharpen a pencil with a blade right? Roll the stick in that position and take the wax off?

Try to simulate a pencil sharpener. Roll the stick over the table to support it and hold heated carver in your hand next to the stick at the angle like a blade of the sharpener

My friend (male) is still looking for accomodation. If you are still looking please let me know!
yup
still looking
though I have booked a nearby place?
reckon we could share?
message me here if you're still looking too!

you arent supposed to use the burner/fire/melting wax of any sort when you work on green stick.. melting is to be done only for red wax.

you arent supposed to use the burner/fire/melting wax of any sort when you work on green stick.. melting is to be done only for red wax.
U mean during the exam?? Is that a rule over there? How about inlay wax?

Congratulations to all of you who have interviews at the University of Colorado!! I am somewhat confident on what to expect during the bench test given that it isn't any big secret (how I will do..well thats another story). However it seems the personal interview part is a bit of a black hole. Does anyone have any information on what to expect - what type of questions they will ask us during the personal interview.

Thanks for your help!

The interview is about generally based on your CV and SOP. Is what I know...

The interview is about generally based on your CV and SOP. Is what I know...
Thank you Golu! That gives me a basis to start from. I guess they will ask general questions about what I did and how it relates to the school...

the last batch got # 14 MO amalgam ( they specified that it has to cross oblique ridge due to caries, normally it does not, # 18 full metal crown. Dome with blue inlay wax, Letter P with red rope wax and carve bullet or pencil shape in green stick compound with a square in the midlle part. If you need to buy any of the waxes or instruments to practice you can visit www.thedrtools.com . Good luck to everyone.
hi, do you have any diagram of #14 MO cavity that crosses the oblique ridge or any book you suggest to look for it. Thanks...

Hello,

Is anyone looking to share a room for the Colorado bench test? Male roommates...My friend is still looking? Can join or have other join him as well! please PM me.

Thanks!

can someone guide me how to practice wax exercises ? colorado asks them