University of Florida c/o 2024 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks - yes, I’ve checked to see that there’s nothing that went to spam and no hard copy in the mail...

One of my friends who also applied had the same thing happen. Give the office a call! My friend called and they resent the email.

Members don't see this ad.

Well it was apparently an email glitch having something to do with my ISP. Affected others as well, so if anyone hasn’t heard anything definitely call or email Admissions since everything was sent out Monday. Frustrating, but Abner was very helpful and hopefully this will work out. At least I found was offered an OOS interview!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got a phone call I got Offered an OOS interview! Got pulled of alternate list! Keep the faith everyone! Jan 11th

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IS alternate! Fingers crossed, congratulations to everyone who got an invite!!

Just got a phone call I got Offered an OOS interview! Got pulled of alternate list! Keep the faith everyone! Jan 11th

Congrats!! Did they mention anything else about the alternate list? Is there a lot of movement?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Congrats!! Did they mention anything else about the alternate list? Is there a lot of movement?

She said that there was an open slot. I honestly Didn’t ask because I thought It was a scam for a sec lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Confirmed interview spot for 2/8 at 12:30p! I can't wait to meet everyone there!

I am anxiously awaiting a phone call for instate alternate. Does anyone know the earliest we could hear? I know they had some issues with people not receiving emails. Will they wait? And does anyone know how much it moves or how much it moved in the past?

I am anxiously awaiting a phone call for instate alternate. Does anyone know the earliest we could hear? I know they had some issues with people not receiving emails. Will they wait? And does anyone know how much it moves or how much it moved in the past?

I’m not sure about movement speed, but if you don’t hear anything tomorrow I wouldn’t count on hearing anything until after the 6th. They said their offices will be closed until then.

Is there anyway to switch an interview date? I already sent in my preferred interview dates and I got my top choice, but something came up where I would need to switch.

Confirmed interview spot for 2/8 at 12:30p! I can't wait to meet everyone there!
YAY thats my day too

Everyone if you need recommendations on where to stay or eat im a Gainesville local and can help. Remember Ocala is only 20-30 minutes away

• Love
Is there anyway to switch an interview date? I already sent in my preferred interview dates and I got my top choice, but something came up where I would need to switch.
call them now I called MSU for that reason and they changed mine.

OOS invite!! Interview is on Jan 11th.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My interview is 2/8 at 730 AM I’m not a morning person either sooo

I am a first year at UF and I will be helping out during one of the interview days! Excited to meet the future class of 2024.

Interview for 1/11 people!! It is two weeks away!! How are you guys prepping??

Interview for 1/11 people!! It is two weeks away!! How are you guys prepping??
Running through mock interviews with my vets at work. If you’re still in school see if your department has mock interviews. My animal science department did super helpful. Browsing through my favorite current events on AVMA Journal. Thinking of questions to ask the panel for my interest. Don’t stress! Just be yourself! You’ll do great!

@SuperbOwl any tips to help prepare for the interview? Is it one on one, group? Is there a chance to meet current students on interview days? Thank you.

There will be 3 people interviewing you — last year, I had one student and 2 professors interviewing me. And yes, current students will be there!

I know this has already been asked somewhere but I can’t find it. For current students, what made you pick UF (other than that it was your IS)? I’m interviewing oos next week

I know this has already been asked somewhere but I can’t find it. For current students, what made you pick UF (other than that it was your IS)? I’m interviewing oos next week
Hey! I’m an OOS student and sadly I had no in state school. Florida has the cheapest OOS tuition out of all the schools I had been accepted to. I’m also exotics oriented, and UF has an aquatics certificate and great exotic animal oppurtunities! For example we can volunteer in the zoo med ward weekly! Finally, it seemed like the best place to live out of all the towns and cities I went to interview in. It’s warm all year round (plus for me), cost of living is relatively cheap, and every store you could ever need is within a 10 minute radius. Gainesville is also a relatively safe place from what I’ve experienced, and there’s lots of bars, breweries, resturants ETC for when you have free time!

Honestly I am incredibly happy with my choice to come here! My classmates are supportive, the professors are welcoming and very knowledgeable and overall it truly feels like a community.

Does anyone know around when we’ll hear? It isn’t until February or something, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During the interviews yesterday they said March but I think they said that in previous years and they usually got back about 10 days after the last interview. I’m hoping mid February!

Does anyone know around when we’ll hear? It isn’t until February or something, right?

Last year we found out on February 18! (For reference, the last day of interviews was January 26).

Just got a phone call that I was invited for an OOS interview for February 8th! I was on the waitlist, so if you still are, don't give up hope!

Reactions: 5 users
Also received a phoned call to interview off the waitlist for February 8th!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just got a phone call for OOS interview 1/25 off of the waitlist!! :love:

Does anyone know why they are calling alternates now when the deadlines for interviews acceptances/declines was december 18th? Did their initial interview invites cancel last minute?

Does anyone know why they are calling alternates now when the deadlines for interviews acceptances/declines was december 18th? Did their initial interview invites cancel last minute?
People who receive acceptances from their instate/top choice will notify schools to decline interviews if they know they aren’t going to attend. It’s going to happen more often now than in December because other schools are giving out acceptances.

Congratulations to all of you on your interviews! I will be interviewing there this weekend and am a bit nervous. Anyone who has interviewed there already this cycle or who is attending care to share any words of wisdom? Did they ask more so about your application and experiences? Were there any situational or behavioral questions? Anything that felt out of left field? Overall what was the vibe on interview day? I have interviewed at a few other places so far and have noticed that the vibe really does influence my performance during the actual interview.

Congratulations to all of you on your interviews! I will be interviewing there this weekend and am a bit nervous. Anyone who has interviewed there already this cycle or who is attending care to share any words of wisdom? Did they ask more so about your application and experiences? Were there any situational or behavioral questions? Anything that felt out of left field? Overall what was the vibe on interview day? I have interviewed at a few other places so far and have noticed that the vibe really does influence my performance during the actual interview.

Hi! First year student at UF CVM here!

My interview was, by far, the best experience of all of my interviews. It was very much a conversation instead of a serious interview. They had basic type situational questions, and I had a ton of ways to use my experiences and what was on my application to answer them. My 3 interviewers (2 faculty, 1 4th year) were great to bounce energy off of during the interview and were willing to chat with me after as well!
The vibe for the day was extremely welcoming, there will be other 1st years there to get you checked in and get you to where you need to go. Feel free to bombard us with any questions or worries you may have! I hope this helps, you're going to do great this weekend :)

Hi! First year student at UF CVM here!

My interview was, by far, the best experience of all of my interviews. It was very much a conversation instead of a serious interview. They had basic type situational questions, and I had a ton of ways to use my experiences and what was on my application to answer them. My 3 interviewers (2 faculty, 1 4th year) were great to bounce energy off of during the interview and were willing to chat with me after as well!
The vibe for the day was extremely welcoming, there will be other 1st years there to get you checked in and get you to where you need to go. Feel free to bombard us with any questions or worries you may have! I hope this helps, you're going to do great this weekend :)
Thank you for the insight! That definitely puts me at ease. Do you remember if the behavior questions were ethical, in relation to vet med, or did they just apply to anything?

Thank you for the insight! That definitely puts me at ease. Do you remember if the behavior questions were ethical, in relation to vet med, or did they just apply to anything?

I remember there was a bit of everything! Nothing was terrible abstract or required you to know more than basic level about veterinary medicine! They really just want to get a sense of who you are and why you're a good fit for the profession!

Good luck to everyone with interviews tomorrow! Im a first year and will be helping out tomorrow! Looking forward to meeting all of you! If you have any questions about the school in general & Gainesville let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Interviewed this past weekend and it went great but I definitely didn't expect my interview to go the way it did! I didn't get any situational questions and was asked a lot about my personal essays which one of the interviewers actually took time to highlight and take notes on before I came in. Just a heads up to definitely go through all your essays one more time before you go in :)

I just got so nervous when I got the dvm/mph email

Received a call yesterday pulling me off the waitlist for an interview 2/8! Excited to meet everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if they will be pulling more alternates off the waitlist this week? I’m getting really anxious as UF is my in state and first choice.

Interviewed this past weekend and it went great but I definitely didn't expect my interview to go the way it did! I didn't get any situational questions and was asked a lot about my personal essays which one of the interviewers actually took time to highlight and take notes on before I came in. Just a heads up to definitely go through all your essays one more time before you go in :)

Even the three vmcas ones?

Does anyone know if they will be pulling more alternates off the waitlist this week? I’m getting really anxious as UF is my in state and first choice.
I have officially declined my interview this evening as an OOS candidate considering my other acceptances. I hope my spot opens up for you!

Does anyone have an idea about when we’ll hear back?

Does anyone have an idea about when we’ll hear back?

Last year, the last interview date was 1/26 and acceptances were emailed 2/18 (23 days following last interview). The three years prior to that, decisions were made 10, 5 and 11 days following the last interview date. Keep in mind that the last interview date is this weekend so decisions will not be made before then. Current first year here so if anyone has questions about the curriculum or if I can help in anyway let me know, I’m happy to help. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Last edited:
I interviewed 1/25 and it was a great experience. Everyone really makes you feel welcome. Now I am anxiously waiting to hear back like most of you are as well. Good luck to everyone interviewing this weekend!

My #1, still checking everyday even though I know we won’t hear back for a couple weeks!

My #1, still checking everyday even though I know we won’t hear back for a couple weeks!
My top choice as well! I check my email way too much even though they said it would be end of Feb early March before we heard anything. Hoping we both get good news

Interview tomorrow morning - any last minute tips?!?! Please and thank you