University of Florida c/o 2024 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
CONGRATS TO THOSE ACCEPTED!! I can’t wait to meet you all! If you’re on the waitlist don’t lose hope! I was on the OOS waitlist and pulled a month after decisions went out. Feel free to pm me if you have questions about the waitlist!

So we could possibly hear before April 15th for OOS waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

well I guess if I didnt hear 30-40 min ago then I didnt get a good outcome...ah well.

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATS TO THOSE ACCEPTED!! I can’t wait to meet you all! If you’re on the waitlist don’t lose hope! I was on the OOS waitlist and pulled a month after decisions went out. Feel free to pm me if you have questions about the waitlist!
How many people from your class would you proximate were from the alternate list?

if we haven't received an email should we assume that's a rejection?
On the thread from last year, I saw someone didn't get an email and they called & were actually accepted, their email just didnt go through! Worth a try

Reactions: 1 user
I checked my spam and my junk folders and nothing. I called their admissions as well and they didn't answer
Try emailing Lynnette Chaparro she’s the associate director of admissions. I had a couple questions and she responded to me within the hour.

IS alternate :/

And to those asking about how much the waitlist moves, Lynette Chaparro said to me that the IS waitlist typically only moves 4 to 5 spots but the OOS waitlist moves a ton....good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Given I work on a race horse breeding farm during foal season out in the boonies but now that I have signal still no

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! IS alternate here. I’m assuming there’s around 50 people on the IS waitlist because according to last years stats, 179 interviews were offered, and of those 26 were denied and 102 offered a seat... so 179-26-102= 51. So good luck to everyone but in the meantime I’ll be working on my VMCAS

IS Acceptance! Congratulations everyone! Does anyone know if there's a Facebook group yet?

IS Acceptance! Congratulations everyone! Does anyone know if there's a Facebook group yet?
Congratulations! I’m IS waitlist. My friend I believe mentioned that she was in charge of putting together a Facebook group for the accepted applicants. I just don’t know if it’s up yet.

I just called admissions because I hadn't received an email and they had to send it multiple times to different emails before it came through. It was an OOS acceptance, so just because you haven't heard doesn't mean its bad news!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to all that got in! Does anyone know how much the OOS waitlist moves?

Is everyone who interviewed but didn’t get accepted on the waitlist? Are there rejections too? Just trying to gauge how long this waitlist might be.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

IS acceptance! Congratulations to everyone, and if it wasn’t the year, don’t give up. I was listed as an IS alternate last year and unfortunately didn’t get called but I made it this year. Keep your head up!

I was a low undergrad GPA high grad gpa with a ton of experience. It took me since 2016 to get in. DM me if you ever want advice or to talk.

Reactions: 1 users
I believe there are also rejections, saw UF show up on a rejection email thread yesterday

Anyone in this thread get accepted and know if they will decline their seat? I’m just curious to see if I have a shot at moving on the waitlist since this is my top choice. It looks like most of you will be accepting (which I would too). Just curious. Thank you in advanced! Also congratulations to everyone that did get accepted.

Last edited:
Anyone in this thread get accepted and know if they will decline their seat? I’m just curious to see if I have a shot at moving on the waitlist since this is my top choice. It looks like most of you will be accepting (which I would too). Just curious. Thank you in advanced! Also congratulations to everyone that did get accepted.

!!!!!!!!

Please, ya girl is getting desperate here

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an email that they created a Facebook page!

IS alternate as well! Goodluck everyone :)

Any IS alternates having to choose to go to other schools or just reapplying?

I was waitlisted at 2 schools (Western and UF) and accepted at Midwestern U.

IS alternate as well! Goodluck everyone :)

Any IS alternates having to choose to go to other schools or just reapplying?

I was waitlisted at 2 schools (Western and UF) and accepted at Midwestern U.
I’m hoping I have a shot at getting called off the waitlist at UF since it is my IS and I love there program. I was accepted to Miss State and midwestern, still waiting to hear from UGA

If I don’t get called off the waitlist in time I’ll likely have to choose another school. I don’t think I can handle going through this process all over again without a guarantee of getting in next year. This process has been so stressful.

I’m hoping I have a shot at getting called off the waitlist at UF since it is my IS and I love there program. I was accepted to Miss State and midwestern, still waiting to hear from UGA

If I don’t get called off the waitlist in time I’ll likely have to choose another school. I don’t think I can handle going through this process all over again without a guarantee of getting in next year. This process has been so stressful.

I feel the same way. I have hope for UF but at the same time we just do not know how many spots will be open. Congratulations on your acceptances!
I will more than likely be going to Midwestern at this point. The only huge disadvantage is their tuition costs, which is obviously a huge concern. I am just thankful to have an acceptance somewhere because I know people who do not even have an acceptance anywhere.

Hoping the OOS list starts to move soon.

Reactions: 4 users
I feel the same way. I have hope for UF but at the same time we just do not know how many spots will be open. Congratulations on your acceptances!
I will more than likely be going to Midwestern at this point. The only huge disadvantage is their tuition costs, which is obviously a huge concern. I am just thankful to have an acceptance somewhere because I know people who do not even have an acceptance anywhere.
Exactly! We are extremely fortunate to have received acceptances. Congratulations to you as well! I loved my visit to AZ, but yes it is very expensive.

lets hope UF gives us an update soon.

Does anyone know the general layout of the 4 years? Like when people track and when clinicals start etc?

Does anyone know the general layout of the 4 years? Like when people track and when clinicals start etc?

Clinics start in the summer, immediately after the end of year two (and then you kind of alternate classes and clinics during the remainder of your time there). UF provides schedules online so you can check them out to get an idea of how their schedules flow:

That Email though...

Reactions: 2 users
Right? Lol what time did you receive your email?

IS waitlist here, heart dropped when I saw the health email today... not cool lol

Last edited:
I got a call off the OOS waitlist yesterday, so it looks like movement has started! :)

This makes me nervous