University of Houston C/O 2017 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajub0324

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for UH yet so I decided to make one! Has anyone applied yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Not yet. Soon though.

Did you already e-submit yours?

Last edited:
I have applied just need to pay and complete my supplemental application. I probably will complete it sometime next month or in October since interviews aren't done until later.

Anyone have any background information on the admissions process? I would also like to hear from current students or alumni about their experiences, thanks.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied and will be mailing out my supp tomorrow. And as far as the interviews go they have a closed door one where you are with some faculty, admissions people, and a student. Then there is a group session with other applicants to problem solve together. There is a third part but I forgot what it is.

My pharmcas was sent to them on August 8th. I received email from them on August 20th with a link to complete their supplemental app. They stated they have rolling admission. I mailed my supplemental app along with the $100 last week on Wednesday, August 23rd.

I have applied just need to pay and complete my supplemental application. I probably will complete it sometime next month or in October since interviews aren't done until later.

Anyone have any background information on the admissions process? I would also like to hear from current students or alumni about their experiences, thanks.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using SDN Mobile

The first batch of interviews will be conducted on october 27th this year. I'm currently a P1 and was told that a few days ago. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
The first batch of interviews will be conducted on october 27th this year. I'm currently a P1 and was told that a few days ago. Good luck everyone!

Hey gravitygirl88, I was wondering if you could give some pros/cons about UH pharmacy and your experience there. Why did you choose this school over the other Texas pharmacy schools?

Thank you in advance!!

That's great! The earlier the better. I can't wait, I hope I get in the first round of interviews!

Thanks gravitygirl88! I am excited to hear from them!

I submitted my Pharmcas application in August. It was mailed on the 29th and I received my supplemental application that same day. I'm currently working on the supplemental application. I was wondering if the credit by exam documentation is still necessary if the scores were already indicated on the transcript.

I submitted my Pharmcas application in August. It was mailed on the 29th and I received my supplemental application that same day. I'm currently working on the supplemental application. I was wondering if the credit by exam documentation is still necessary if the scores were already indicated on the transcript.

How long did PharmCAS take to verify and send out your application? Just curious because I just submitted mine.

About the supplemental application, I'm not sure about other exams, but a current P1 told me that you don't have to send in AP scores (if that's considered credit by exam). Should contact the admission office to make sure with other exams.

How long did PharmCAS take to verify and send out your application? Just curious because I just submitted mine.

About the supplemental application, I'm not sure about other exams, but a current P1 told me that you don't have to send in AP scores (if that's considered credit by exam). Should contact the admission office to make sure with other exams.
It took about 2 weeks for my GPA to be calculated once Pharmcas received all my transcripts. After the GPA was calculated, it took 2 days for Pharmcas to mail it to the schools.

Yeah I was wondering about AP scores. I'll probably call Tuesday to make sure. Thanks!

I've been a long time lurker and have finally decided to post. Got an email from UH saying they got my supplemental app and fee. The email also said they will start sending out emails about interviews in early Oct. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend already received an invitation for an interview.

That's odd.. considering the email the supplemental application was attached to said they'll send invites early October. I guess nothing's definite. :D

That's odd.. considering the email the supplemental application was attached to said they'll send invites early October. I guess nothing's definite. :D

Yeah that's what I read, too. We'll see!

Edit: It turns out they are sending out interview invites. I got mine! October 27th at 8AM is my time. So excited!

Last edited:
Congrats! When did you send in your supplemental app?

Originally back in September, but just finished sending in my stuff this past week. Had a few things missing.

Gosh they just got my stuff last week. I wonder how long it takes for them to go through the information. I would really like an interview at UH but I know my stats are kinda low.:(

Received interview invite for the 27th yesterday morning! I guess they are sending them out slowly instead of a batch all at once.

Do you mind me asking when you submitted your application? I submitted my pharmcas application in June, recs and transcripts were received by July, it was mailed to UH late July, and I submitted my supplemental late August. Why haven't I received an email? :(

Applied in july and took pcat mid july also. Pretty sure all my things were in and sent out during the first wave by pharmcas (I believe first week of august?)

Submitted supplemental few days right after they emailed it to me which I believe was late Aug.

Check pharmcas and make sure you submitted all parts of the supplemental is all I can tell you i.e. payment,transcript,all their residency stuff...

Actually I just found out this morning that PharmCAS had a software error in the middle of the summer and didn't post PCAT scores correctly when they first received them. And they didn't fix the problem until three months later.

I just noticed in Pharmcas that my PCAT scores were received on 10/12 which is really weird because last week it said they were posted in early Sept. I guess that could explain why some people didn't get interview invites yet. Hopefully we'll be in the next round of interviews.

Yeah mine changed to October 12 as well. The computer supposedly updates it every time they do a run through of PCAT scores. Hopefully its not what UH sees

How difficult is it to get in out of state?? I'll be applying with a 3.2 science GPA, a 3.6 overall and a 79% on my PCAT.
Also, does UH look at every score on the PCAT? I scored really well in the science/math parts. 99, 88, and 83 but I got a 6 in reading :(:(:(:( No clue how that happened... how bad is that going to hurt my chances??

How difficult is it to get in out of state?? I'll be applying with a 3.2 science GPA, a 3.6 overall and a 79% on my PCAT.
Also, does UH look at every score on the PCAT? I scored really well in the science/math parts. 99, 88, and 83 but I got a 6 in reading :(:(:(:( No clue how that happened... how bad is that going to hurt my chances??
Hey ohssoccer2, from your stats, i would say you are still in the competetitive applicant range. UH usually looks at your best scores and also for individual sections especially science and math, they look for improvements from your previous attempts. From last years stats, our P1 class of 2016 had a PCAT average of 78% and overall gpa average of 3.57, you still have a good chance!! Also keep in mind that, your grades are only 50% of the game, UH heavily also looks at your community service, leaderships and other extra activities and accomplishments outside school! So dont be too hard on yourself just based on the gpa and PCAT.

Last edited:
Interviews are this Saturday. Does anyone know about how many people are interviews each round?

Has anyone received emails for interviews in November?

didn't receive a supplemental application, sigh, waste of money. don't know why i even bothered applying to uh. Good Luck to everyone that got a interview. Hope you all get in.

didn't receive a supplemental application, sigh, waste of money. don't know why i even bothered applying to uh. Good Luck to everyone that got a interview. Hope you all get in.

UH emails you the link to the supplemental application after your pharmcas has been verified, which usually takes 4-6 weeks after you e-submit. Hope that helps!

UH emails you the link to the supplemental application after your pharmcas has been verified, which usually takes 4-6 weeks after you e-submit. Hope that helps!

i sent in my pharmcas, on the 16th of september. haven't received anything yet. i doubt i will. thanks anyways.

Call UH college of Pharmacy at (713) 743-1239 and ask them about the supplemental application.

Call UH college of Pharmacy at (713) 743-1239 and ask them about the supplemental application.

I called and asked, not qualified. wasted money, i am a fool to think i could have gotten into UH.

Anyone willing to let us know how the Oct. 27th interviews went...

I e-submitted my PharmCAS application on the 9th but have not received an email pertaining to the supplemental app. My school transcript was not received until the 24th, could this be the reason why for the delay of the supplemental app? Anyone know?

Pharmcas will not send your application until the GPA calculations are done, which means that the transcripts from all the schools you've attended have to be received from Pharmcas. GPA calculations take about another 4 weeks. Then, your application is sent to the schools.

Can anyone share their stats? Really want an interview for houston.. but pcat is low :(

57 :( my english was really low (i dont know if they take into account that its my 2nd language) besides from that i have a bachelors in pharmacy..overall gpa around 3.6..a lot of pharmacy rotations and shadowing and leadership, but my pcat score is driving me crazy

i live in houston and i'm curious to see what you guys think my chances are. here are the facts:

3.0 pre req gpa. with c's in chemistry 1 and 2 and bio 2. lots of w's and a couple of f's on my community college transcript.
99 comp pcat on my first attempt. 99 bio, 99 chem, 84 math, 63 verb, 60 reading.
2 years experience as a pharm tech
very little volunteering, due to having to work so much.
about to graduate from U. Houston with a degree in biochemistry. overall gpa 3.4
and im applying right before the deadline.

i didn't take school seriously (and was distracted by other things) a few years back when i was taking the pre req classes, but i've shaped up once i decided to do pharmacy. I was hoping that having a degree in biochemistry would increase my chances, but uh doesn't seem to care about that. I've done well in classes much harder than the pre reqs and raised my gpa over the last 2 years...

i'm scrambling to try to get everything in in time. any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I finally got a supplemental application. Wow, what a change of events.

i live in houston and i'm curious to see what you guys think my chances are. here are the facts:

3.0 pre req gpa. with c's in chemistry 1 and 2 and bio 2. lots of w's and a couple of f's on my community college transcript.
99 comp pcat on my first attempt. 99 bio, 99 chem, 84 math, 63 verb, 60 reading.
2 years experience as a pharm tech
very little volunteering, due to having to work so much.
about to graduate from U. Houston with a degree in biochemistry. overall gpa 3.4
and im applying right before the deadline.

i didn't take school seriously (and was distracted by other things) a few years back when i was taking the pre req classes, but i've shaped up once i decided to do pharmacy. I was hoping that having a degree in biochemistry would increase my chances, but uh doesn't seem to care about that. I've done well in classes much harder than the pre reqs and raised my gpa over the last 2 years...

i'm scrambling to try to get everything in in time. any advice would be appreciated.

There isn't too much you can do at this point. There are definitely a good amount of things you could improve if you have to apply again, but for now it looks like you've done everything you can. Your PCAT seems to show that you are good at science, so that may alleviate some of the negatives associated with your GPA. Assuming you get an interview or haven't finished your personal statement yet, make sure to talk about how much you've changed and how hard you're working now and how much you want this, etc. Also, try to find some place to volunteer at. There is always time to fit an hour or whatever in each week at something you enjoy.

Has anyone gotten an invite to the Nov. 17 interview?