University of Houston C/O 2017 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I really would not worry too much about it. I turned in all my material mid-November, and did not hear from them until March. So basically, don't start crossing UH out of your list until you get that rejection letter.

I have a question,do applicants get rejection letter if they dont get an interview offer at all?

Members don't see this ad.

I sent all my materials around late October, sent the supplemental app. to UH around mid-November and got my interview email yesterday. PCAT score was 88 composite, and scored perfect on the writing section. Not really sure if the writing section means anything.

I got my invitation today for Jan 12th. I would have been worried if I check this forum too often since a lot you got interview early. Any one that got acceptance can share some interview advice?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply! But I was referring to residency as in a resident of Texas? I mean the tuition isn't that bad relative to the other schools but I would still like to be able to qualify for instate-tuition....

I apologize that I misunderstood your question earlier! As for Texas residency (assuming you are a US citizen), I believe it is a one year wait. That is about as detailed as I can go. Definitely ask the proper authorities.

Are there many opportunities to do research at UH?

"Research" is a pretty broad term: there are different subjects, pertaining and not pertaining to pharmacy/data collection...etc... As far as I know about research, there are opportunities, but you would have to take the initiative in finding them. I welcome any of my other colleagues to follow up with this question.

I have a question,do applicants get rejection letter if they dont get an interview offer at all?

Yes they do.

I got my invitation today for Jan 12th. I would have been worried if I check this forum too often since a lot you got interview early. Any one that got acceptance can share some interview advice?

Awesome! Glad you got an interview. Definitely this is your time to shine. Please, just be yourself during the interview. I see way too many students who pretend that they are someone that they aren't. And it shows. Be genuine and show us what you got, and you'll do fine. So relax, have a good time, eat some snacks, and talk to us pharmacy students. We don't bite.:)

Does anyone have ideas about what questions will be asked during the personal interview? I'm trying to do some mock interviews with a friend who's a P1 at UT.

hi,

I was invited to jan 25, 2013 interview..
I'm excited yet nervous about it..
anybody who already did the interview want to share interview questions?? :)

hi,

I was invited to jan 25, 2013 interview..
I'm excited yet nervous about it..
anybody who already did the interview want to share interview questions?? :)

When did you submit your supplemental?

Thanks, that is helpful!

Anyone working on their questionaire?

Is there still assay writing during interview day this year?

I was invited to the Jan. 25th interview. Do they send you a questionnaire to fill out beforehand? If so, when did they send it to you relative to your interview date?

I just finished the questionnaire and I have to honestly say i am burned out from all of the questions and essays filled out for the other schools. Im just ready to interview!

I got my 7-8 days after confirming the interview. So you should get them soon

Members don't see this ad :)
I turned in my supplemental application around 12/10/12.

I got my invitation on 12/18/12 but haven't received questionnaires... should I be worried?

I got my invitation on 12/18/12 but haven't received questionnaires... should I be worried?
It might also depend on when your interview is. I got the questionnaire about 3 weeks prior to my interview.

Has anybody received an invitation this year?? I submitted my supplemental in December and still haven't heard back yet!

Last edited:
I submitted mine late Dec and still haven't heard back from them..im getting nervous and I dont know if I should just scratch it off the list...i was admitted to another school and have another interview in 2 weeks..but houston its my num 1 choice and nottthiiiiiingg yeeeet :( really hope i'll get something within the next few weeks

Hey Lion24 & gelo2006, I am on the same boat as you guys. I submitted my supplemental early December but have not heard anything back as well.........

Hey guys, this is gonna be my first post on SDN

I just got an interview invitation for Feb 16th at 4:15 pm Jan 22nd. I was literally jumping around the house when i got it:laugh:
Application e submitted: 10/22
Supplemental app: 12/3
Academic update: 12/16

GPA: 3.6
PCAT: 87 composite

Hope this helps

I have a quick question. I got my bachelor degree in 1999 and I have some math credits that are more than 10 yrs old. Will UH pharmacy school accept them?

Hey Lion24 & gelo2006, I am on the same boat as you guys. I submitted my supplemental early December but have not heard anything back as well.........

If you submitted your application in December, I suggest you wait before you cross UH off your list. That is pretty close to the deadline and because UH does rolling applications, they look at applications as they come in. I've heard that a lot of people submitted in December so it might take a little longer for them to sort out the applications from that batch.

Best of Luck!

I got it tonight at 8:53 PM. I interviewed Jan. 12.

I got it tonight at 8:53 PM. I interviewed Jan. 12.

Ahh!! Lucky! I interviewed on the 25th and can hardly stand the waiting game even though it has only been a few days haha.
Congrats on getting in!

I got accepted!!! I'm so excited!

Congrats! That's awesome news. I'm still waiting. Fingers crossed.

I just received an acceptance email....whoop. Sooooooo excited! :)

Last edited:
So excited....I received an offer of acceptance this afternoon. Whoop! :)

Received my acceptance email this afternoon! So excited for the future!

Interviewed Jan 12th and received my acceptance today at 3:45pm! I am thrilled to go back home to Houston!!

Hello! I have a question for current students or anyone who may know the answer. Can you describe how the curriculum at UH works? For instance, does the semester utilize a block schedule? Are tests scheduled during the normal class time or are separate times set up for exams? Any details would be great! =]

I have a quick question. I got my bachelor degree in 1999 and I have some math credits that are more than 10 yrs old. Will UH pharmacy school accept them?

The UH College of Pharmacy website states: "the math and science prerequisites must have been taken with the last five years for a student to be competitive in this area." Therefore, I think it is best you re-take the math courses that are over 10 years old. This question may be best addressed by the admissions office. URL link: http://www.uh.edu/pharmacy/prospective-students/pharmd/admissions-process-overview/index.php

Hello! I have a question for current students or anyone who may know the answer. Can you describe how the curriculum at UH works? For instance, does the semester utilize a block schedule? Are tests scheduled during the normal class time or are separate times set up for exams? Any details would be great! =]
The P1s and P2s share the same classroom on the main UH campus which is different from where the interviews take place. The P2s have classes all in a row in the morning from 8 AM - 11:30 AM in the fall and 9 AM - 12 PM in the spring with some days ending at 11:30 AM or 11 AM. The P1s have classes in the afternoon from 1 PM - 5 PM or later depending on the course. Skills labs are generally outside of those times and are in the morning for P1s and afternoons for P2s. They can take place at the adjoining rooms to the main classroom on main campus or on the TMC campus where the P3s have class.

All exams are administered during the normal class time with a few exceptions. 3rd years could have therapeutics exams on certain Friday mornings. Or your class may vote and decide to move an exam due to scheduling conflicts with conferences. Based upon the scheduling and room reservations, those exams may end up outside of the classroom time. That has only happened to me once so far at UH. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody from early December apps still waiting to hear back for interviews? I tuned in my apps to 3 other schools on the same day and heard back from them all within two weeks... still nothing here.

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything back from them. I applied late December though.. so I dont know.. Im scared there are only a few more interview dates right?? and that Im not gonna get one :(

Anybody from early December apps still waiting to hear back for interviews? I tuned in my apps to 4 other schools on the same day and heard back from them all within two weeks... still nothing here.

I'm sure you have.....but Have you contacted UH to ensure they actually received your application? :)

i did called regarding mine..they said they had everything its just a matter of time and be patient

Anyone know how important the group exercise is in the eyes of the AdCom? I dunno how well I did on the interview but I know I performed well in the group exercise, trying to gauge how I did overall that day.

I'm pretty sure all aspects of the interview are important for the AdCom to make a decision. I felt I did really well in my group interview because our group had very good chemistry and communication. I'm also really glad my friends who are P1s told me "don't say too little and don't say too much" in the group interview. So I imagine if you had a good presence in the group interview you would be fine. The personal interview I felt was really laid back and more of a conversation.

Anyone know how important the group exercise is in the eyes of the AdCom? I dunno how well I did on the interview but I know I performed well in the group exercise, trying to gauge how I did overall that day.

I would say both your personal interview and group exercise are equally important. Don't dominate the discussion or be the quiet person in the corner. I remember I was the first person to start the group discussion and it well from there afterwards. :)

does anyone know when they will be sending out more interview invites?

They said 3-4 weeks from your interview date, which I guess would be this Friday if you interviewed on Jan. 25th.. Then there was a guy on here who interviewed on Jan. 12th and got in on the 29th. 17 days from the 25th would have been this past Monday, the 11th... but who's counting? lol.
I'm thinking they may sent out within the next few days or next week.

Has anyone been tabled? And if so, has anyone heard back from the admissions committee regarding their status?

I just think its wild how I sent in my application to three other schools on the same day as UH... Got interviews to all 3 AND got accepted into two so far, but I haven't even heard back from UH since they recieved my supplemental fee. Anyone in the same boat?!!

When did you submit all of your information?

I just think its wild how I sent in my application to three other schools on the same day as UH... Got interviews to all 3 AND got accepted into two so far, but I haven't even heard back from UH since they recieved my supplemental fee. Anyone in the same boat?!!

ME! Lol :(

I submitted everything in late though....early Dec....

Can I ask which university you got accepted and how was your PCAT?
I am still waiting for UH, submitted materials in early dec.