University of Illinois at Chicago c/o 2017 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone get an interview date yet? WTF

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone get an interview date yet? WTF
A lot of us have not gotten the initial interview invitation yet. I am really stressed about it. I thought that my stats were okay. I am a career changer though. Maybe there is a disadvantage to being older. You are actually in a good place. Congratulations on your interview invitation!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have received an invite- do you mind sharing your stats? (GPA, PCAT, etc)

Hey has anyone else had a lot of trouble opening the supplemental application. I can't get it to work. When I download it and open with adobe I get an error saying that it's not a supported file type. When I open it in mozilla I get a "Please Wait..." page, and nothing happens. Did anyone else have this problem. PLEASE HELP

Hey has anyone else had a lot of trouble opening the supplemental application. I can't get it to work. When I download it and open with adobe I get an error saying that it's not a supported file type. When I open it in mozilla I get a "Please Wait..." page, and nothing happens. Did anyone else have this problem. PLEASE HELP

Try Internet Explorer.

Yeah, I'd try opening it with a differnt browser. Wouldn't work for me for chrome had to use safari

You have to download the forms and open them with Adobe Reader.

thanks for the replies, my girlfriend figured it out last night. I was "saving link as" instead of opening link and then clicking download current version. Now I have some work to do.

For those who have received an invite- do you mind sharing your stats? (GPA, PCAT, etc)
3.1 GPA
92 PCAT
Community pharmacist shadowing experience
200+ hours volunteering at an inpatient pharmacy
Currently working as a pharmacy technician

3.1 GPA
92 PCAT
Community pharmacist shadowing experience
200+ hours volunteering at an inpatient pharmacy
Currently working as a pharmacy technician

How did you study for your PCAT??? That's awesome.
When is your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of your who got invites, did you apply to both Chicago and Rockford campuses? Or just one?

How did you study for your PCAT??? That's awesome.
When is your interview?
kaplan books, old texbooks, pearson practice exams, and gre vocab flashcards. They havent released any dates yet. Just e-mails saying theyre going to give us interview dates. Pretty frustrating

I chose either campus. Kinda frustrating not to know which campus I got the invite for :wtf:

I think you will know that only after the interview once they offer the seat for you. You can be interviewed at Chicago but accepted to Rockford.

I got an email that I didn't get a high enough point rating for an interview and they were going to wait for my fall grades. I got an interview at two other schools so it doesn't bother me too much but I would still fly out if they decide to offer an interview later.

I got an email that I didn't get a high enough point rating for an interview and they were going to wait for my fall grades. I got an interview at two other schools so it doesn't bother me too much but I would still fly out if they decide to offer an interview later.

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Keep your hopes high! I like your spirit :)

Just received an interview invite! Scheduled for next week!!!!!!!

Looks like im interviewing in rockford. Anyone else???

I received an invitation today too!! :)

My application was actually put on "hold" on December 30. I got an email saying I didn't score high enough on the rubric for an interview invitation and that they would reconsider my application again after fall grades and January PCAT score updates. The thing is, I graduated in May and wasn't going to retake the PCAT so I didn't exactly have any more things to increase my "score."

I'm surprised (and very happy!) they got back to me and offered me an invite today because I was pretty discouraged after that first email. I just want to encourage people who are also put on hold to keep their spirits up because you never know when they will re-review your application and offer you an interview invitation too :)

Anyone interviewing on January 23 at the Chicago campus?

Going on the 23rd at Chicago 1pm! Submitted the supplemental November 12th

Looks like im interviewing in rockford. Anyone else???

yeah i'm in Rockford too. I'm pretty sure once you put your preference as either campus, they'll put you at Rockford cuz more ppl wanna go to Chicago. i was slightly disappointed i didn't get Chicago but I hear Rockford is good because of the smaller class size and the suburban area

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

3.0 GPA
50 Percentile PCAT
a lot of pharmacy experience
LOR from pharmacy managers

I got an interview to Nova in Florida (back in December), Lipscomb University in Tennessee (next week 1/31), and South University in South Carolina (2/8)

I realize I am behind in the process, but I did not decide to apply to UIC until recently. All of my transcripts have been received by PharmCAS as of today. Should an invitation to complete the supplemental application come soon or do I have to wait for PharmCAS to review my transcripts (which could take up to 5 weeks) before UIC sends the supplemental? I am worried about this process taking me all the way to the Jan 15th deadline. I appreciate any help!

Sorry to say but PharmCas has to verify your transcripts before UIC makes the decision to send you the supplemental app. But you could probably start working on the supp app now, assuming they will send you the invite to complete it later.

Sorry to say but PharmCas has to verify your transcripts before UIC makes the decision to send you the supplemental app. But you could probably start working on the supp app now, assuming they will send you the invite to complete it later.

Already resolved, but thanks! I'm interviewing in a week.

Already resolved, but thanks! I'm interviewing in a week.
Oh wow sorry. haha I don't know why I thought that was a recent post. I guess I forgot to go to the last page of the thread.

I am so excited/relieved/anxious!!!!! Today I received an interview invitation. I am scheduled for Friday 2/1/13 in Rockford.

To those of you who already interviewed, how did it go?!! Were there six stations set up with a scenario in each? And when did they say you'll hear back about the admission decision?

I interviewed on the 23rd. Very anxious to hear back, but it might take 3-4 weeks :eek:

It was my first MMI style interview and I kinda liked it.

Anyone have any advice on the multiple mini interviews???

can you tell us a little more about how your mmi went? and when you applied to UIC? i want to know when i might hear back from them about an interview. thanks.

Did anyone who had the interview today remember who the interviewer was for the marijuana question? I had a back and forth with him stating that the question didn't mean that marijuana would be okay for recreational use. He insisted that the scenario would imply that it would be legal for recreational purposes and I was answering my question thinking otherwise. Kind of want to see if I can make a complaint b/c that was the only station that tripped me up.

Just interviewed. For those who still have yet to, no need to worry. It's not bad at all!

Thanks to the student leaders that showed us around and made the day very relaxing.