University of Illinois at Chicago c/o 2017 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed at the Rockford campus on Friday. The actual MMI portion did not take long. I think that I did relatively well. The most enjoyable part of the day was getting to meet the students and staff. I enjoyed the tour as well. The Rockford campus is very comfortable. The equipment and technology are state-of-the-art. I really liked the compounding lab. I think that the Rockford campus is very comfortable and is likely conducive to learning. I hope to hear some good news soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I interviewed on the 23rd. Very anxious to hear back, but it might take 3-4 weeks :eek:

It was my first MMI style interview and I kinda liked it.

I interviewed yesterday and one of the current pharmacy students said it would probably take 2 weeks maximum based on what it was like last year. It may be longer for you though since you had a very early interview date and they might want to get a feel for the interview pool before giving out offers.

For everyone else, don't stress. It's a really relaxed setting and it's mostly run by current student volunteers (who are really helpful and nice). We spent the first hour eating a provided light breakfast, mingling with each other and the volunteers. The actual interview part only takes 30 minutes and since it's separated into 6 parts it will be the fastest 30 minutes of your life. The remainder of the 4 hours is spent on Q&A sessions, a pharmacy building tour, and a writing assessment (don't stress about this either. seriously).

I interviewed yesterday and one of the current pharmacy students said it would probably take 2 weeks maximum based on what it was like last year. It may be longer for you though since you had a very early interview date and they might want to get a feel for the interview pool before giving out offers.

For everyone else, don't stress. It's a really relaxed setting and it's mostly run by current student volunteers (who are really helpful and nice). We spent the first hour eating a provided light breakfast, mingling with each other and the volunteers. The actual interview part only takes 30 minutes and since it's separated into 6 parts it will be the fastest 30 minutes of your life. The remainder of the 4 hours is spent on Q&A sessions, a pharmacy building tour, and a writing assessment (don't stress about this either. seriously).

That's what they told our group too, but I was relating to one of the sheets in the folder they handed out. And yeah, being the first group of interviewees might take a little bit longer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who had the interview today remember who the interviewer was for the marijuana question? I had a back and forth with him stating that the question didn't mean that marijuana would be okay for recreational use. He insisted that the scenario would imply that it would be legal for recreational purposes and I was answering my question thinking otherwise. Kind of want to see if I can make a complaint b/c that was the only station that tripped me up.

I only remember he was wearing a purple shirt. I think lol

Hey I interviewed on the 28th. I was told they were going to start reviewing and making decisions about accpetance the very next day. So I was just curious if anyone who has interviewed yet has heard back about a decision or heard of anyone hearing back about a decision?

i got invited for the interview! but havent picked a date yet.
what are some tips for their interview process?

also i got an interview request from SIUE and im wondering if anyone has any input on which school is better.

thank you

can any of those interviewed share experience? Like what kind of scenarios or what they are trying to test or something? I will have one next Monday and I am really nervous about it.
I appreciate any help!:oops:

We probably won't hear back for at least 2 weeks. looked at last year's thread and it took about 12 days after people started hearing back about decisions.

As for the interview, not pharmacy based but it's basically testing your communication skills, ethics, personality, etc. Nothing directly pharmacy related, as in no pharmacy scenario based. Very laid back nothing really to prepare for. Just answer the questions honestly.

We probably won't hear back for at least 2 weeks. looked at last year's thread and it took about 12 days after people started hearing back about decisions.

As for the interview, not pharmacy based but it's basically testing your communication skills, ethics, personality, etc. Nothing directly pharmacy related, as in no pharmacy scenario based. Very laid back nothing really to prepare for. Just answer the questions honestly.

Thanks a lot! Good luck to you.

for those who got invited for an interview, when did you turn in your supplementals? and the MMI in groups? if so, how many people are in each group?

turned in supp app in october. mmi interviews are individual.

can any of those interviewed share experience? Like what kind of scenarios or what they are trying to test or something? I will have one next Monday and I am really nervous about it.
I appreciate any help!:oops:

I can say that the interview I had with UIC was the best one I did (got accepted less than 24 hours after my interview. woohoo! but that's probably nothing special. just so happened that the admissions committee had a meeting that day after my interview. haha). Anyway, I think that was because I had fun with it. Try not to ramble on though just because there's a time limit. If you've already answered the question completely, you don't have to use up all those times--at least I didn't think so. That might be something obvious but I thought I should mention it. :D

I'm so anxious about the acceptance email! I have been checking my email very frequently since interviewing on the 2nd.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so anxious about the acceptance email! I have been checking my email very frequently since interviewing on the 2nd.

I know! I've been doing the exact same. Every hour and sometimes multiple times per hour. It's driving me crazy.

Same here. It is so difficult trying to focus on homework and study with The Email pending. Hopefully we hear something very soon, because apparently I refuse to disable my email notification chime.

haha same here! hopefully next week we'll know.

So noone who has interviewed in jan has heard back yet? I'm getting nervousssss. Lol

Not yet. Hopefully we find out this coming week :xf:

That's what I'm thinking. Monday would match up with the amount of time it took for last year's first round of admissions emails to be sent out in comparison to the first interview day. I can't believe the amount of thought I'm putting into this...

Anyone have any ideas of when we might find out? And no one from the first interview has heard back?

Damn, i thought it'd be today for sure.

Just relax guys. everything from here on out is out of your control so just enjoy the fact that you are done with the application process. My interview isn't until February 27th so I understand how anxious this whole waiting process can make you. But if we made it this far then we must be good applicants and have a great shot of getting accepted!!:)

Accepted as well!!!!! First e-mail of the day, too! :D

Student who got accepted can you please share your stats?? I got put on holding pattern :(

Could the students who have heard back after interviews please list their interview dates?

for the people that got accepted when did you submit your supplementals? Thanks

Accepted!! Yay!!
Completed supplemental in October.

I had my interview on 2/1/2013 and got my acceptance on 2/13/2013 :)

Anyone else attending the Rockford Campus of UIC College of Pharmacy?

Those that were placed on a holding pattern, do you mind your sharing your stats and the date you submitted your supplemental application please?

Although I am probably only doing this because I heard back from UIC today that I got in (and could not happier!), I know I looked at this forum site a lot when I was preparing for my interview and it definitely helped. Sooo in saying that, I want everyone who has an interview coming up (and is ****ting their pants like I was)....TO STOP.

The staff and student ambassadors could not have been nicer, the questions were very conversational, and the morning could not have been more relaxed.

I literally vomited the night before because UIC is my number one school and I was so nervous. So please trust me, it is not that bad at all. If I can do it, you can do it.

Those that were placed on a holding pattern, do you mind your sharing your stats and the date you submitted your supplemental application please?

I also got placed on the holding pattern. I'm calling the admissions office tomorrow to see if they can take my new pharm tech job into consideration.

GPA: 2.9
PCAT: 98
shadowing experience, volunteering

It's probably cuz of my GPA that I didn't get in yet, but I do have some special circumstances for the 3 F's (yes you read that right lol) I got last spring. I also have a letter from the dean of my college, not sure if they read that letter either.

Has anybody sent in their acceptance form? I am sending mine with the deposit tomorrow. Congrats everybody I can't wait to meet you all this summer!

Has anybody sent in their acceptance form? I am sending mine with the deposit tomorrow. Congrats everybody I can't wait to meet you all this summer!

I am sending it out tomorrow as well via UPS, since they advised not to use USPS.

Anyone know whether or not UIC would tell us if we're missing any prereqs? Don't want to put down the deposit and then find out later that they didn't accept one of my courses to satisfy a prereq. Anyway to find out or is the only way just to call?