University of Illinois c/o 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No, I think the school over-accepted because they were concerned the fact that we have NO budget would end up driving people away and we'd have less than 130 people accept. LSU also wasn't forced into having lectures in the anatomy or path labs, and you guys didn't have chains on doors because the classrooms were deserted halfway through construction. You also didn't have hospital services lose their space because of the budget halt. Luckily for that service they found a room. It was a legit concern that people may avoid the school. We STILL don't have a budget. The dean has now estimated November. This isn't just budget 'cuts,' that's the thing. No public school in the entire state has any sort of state budget. I can 't emphasize this enough. It's not "Oh, we'll have to be a little cheap here or there." It's "How long can we continue to pay our staff? If we run out of cash reserves, how long can we function on donations/tuition funds?"

One university is predicting they will close within the next few weeks. They cancelled spring break so they could complete their semester a week earlier because they're down to that little of money. U of I is big enough to function on donations and endowments for a while. The next concern is that this sh*tshow of a budget crisis will drop enrollment for all the schools in the coming years, further screwing with finances. Students didn't receive their grants, and some people won't enroll for classes if they don't have those grants. The veterinary school itself has to foot the bill for however many hundreds of thousands of dollars it will cost to finish our two classrooms, possibly our CSLC, possibly our zoo med service's space. Will the state ever repay us? Maybe. But they'd need a budget for that so....

WTF? How did they even get into that situation?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
WTF? How did they even get into that situation?
They were foolish and believed the politicians and higher-ups that money was coming to pay for all of it. They were told that the construction was covered over this year's budget, and then the state budget still has not been passed. It's been almost a year and barely any work has been done to pass that budget, which means government organizations and schools are suffering hardcore. The vet school has become so frustrated with waiting that they've begun using reserve funds to finish needed construction projects. The classrooms will hopefully be worked on over the summer since less people will be on campus, but I really don't know where they're putting all the people. We'll see what happens.

Hey current students, did you purchase the JAVMA and AJVR subscriptions from ISCAVMA? If so, do you find them useful? Thanks!!

Hey current students, did you purchase the JAVMA and AJVR subscriptions from ISCAVMA? If so, do you find them useful? Thanks!!
I did and I like looking at the "what's your diagnosis?" sections of them. I'm usually wrong but it's still fun. I don't really have a lot of time to fully read them.

Reactions: 1 users
That's what I'm afraid of, not having time to even read them! Also, do the scrubs need to be blue or can they be any color?

That's what I'm afraid of, not having time to even read them! Also, do the scrubs need to be blue or can they be any color?
I heard you can have your own scrubs and it doesn't matter the color as long as there isn't another animal hospital's name on them.

Reactions: 1 user
It is confirmed at 182 by the dean and other faculty. The school is undergoing tons and tons of meeting as we speak to figure out how to handle this, as they don't want to ask anyone to defer unless they have to I imagine. There is one classroom that can fit that number at this time, so that's not the issue. However, BOTH new classrooms are "guaranteed" to be completed this summer (for a while, it was only certain that one would be done). They will still only fit 150, so I don't think 180 is going to be the new class size forever. You guys will just be in LAC100 all three years unless you guys drop down to 150 by August.

Also, if your friend is who I think it is, several of us made a point to her that she shouldn't spread this because the school really needs to be the source of this news for the incoming class ;) Rumors at this stage will only cause harm and panic, as this is a new situation and we're about to have the biggest veterinary class in history by accident (I think the next biggest is 160 at Ohio?). This class size brings up a lot of concerns with the anatomy lab, teaching hospital room capacities, etc. From what I know, grant proposals are being written as we speak and people are trying to figure this all out. I do think that the school overaccepted more than usual, and it may have been due to fear that we'd end up with a too-small class due to the budget crisis and faculty leaving. That's 100% theory.

Your class size was intended to be 130, although I heard rumors of 150 months ago before you guys even interviewed. Frankly, if you want to attend this school, don't be pressured to drop/accept a waitlist offer if you don't want to. Some current students are thinking that you guys will start abandoning ship if they spread the 180 number, and I think that's absolutely not their place to do this. Let the school communicate with you when the proper people have reached some sort of plan. If potentially being 1 of 182 is not something you're okay with, then by all means pursue any other options you have.

Too early to say. With the financial situation of the school/state, I imagine they're going to try their best to keep as many OOS students with OOS tuition as they can. I'm sure this option will be discussed, though. I probably would have taken it with minimal to no thought.

Yeah I agree with everything you have said. I think it's all going to work out. But thank you for all of the information.

I heard you can have your own scrubs and it doesn't matter the color as long as there isn't another animal hospital's name on them.
Correct. No one is strict about patterns in the hospital, either. At least not that I've found, but most people tend to stick to solids because it really does look a bit more professional.

Word of wisdom: You guys are going to want this page off the grid (unsearchable, invite only) and only your class in it. That way your class has a place to mass-communicate besides email.

Edit: For example, arranging a bar crawl should be done via your FB page, not email. The school really doesn't want to be associated with our non-school weekend activities at all.

Word of wisdom: You guys are going to want this page off the grid (unsearchable, invite only) and only your class in it. That way your class has a place to mass-communicate besides email.

Edit: For example, arranging a bar crawl should be done via your FB page, not email. The school really doesn't want to be associated with our non-school weekend activities at all.
Yeah we already have it that way

Members don't see this ad :)
It is confirmed at 182 by the dean and other faculty. The school is undergoing tons and tons of meeting as we speak to figure out how to handle this, as they don't want to ask anyone to defer unless they have to I imagine. There is one classroom that can fit that number at this time, so that's not the issue. However, BOTH new classrooms are "guaranteed" to be completed this summer (for a while, it was only certain that one would be done). They will still only fit 150, so I don't think 180 is going to be the new class size forever. You guys will just be in LAC100 all three years unless you guys drop down to 150 by August.

Also, if your friend is who I think it is, several of us made a point to her that she shouldn't spread this because the school really needs to be the source of this news for the incoming class ;) Rumors at this stage will only cause harm and panic, as this is a new situation and we're about to have the biggest veterinary class in history by accident (I think the next biggest is 160 at Ohio?). This class size brings up a lot of concerns with the anatomy lab, teaching hospital room capacities, etc. From what I know, grant proposals are being written as we speak and people are trying to figure this all out. I do think that the school overaccepted more than usual, and it may have been due to fear that we'd end up with a too-small class due to the budget crisis and faculty leaving. That's 100% theory.

Your class size was intended to be 130, although I heard rumors of 150 months ago before you guys even interviewed. Frankly, if you want to attend this school, don't be pressured to drop/accept a waitlist offer if you don't want to. Some current students are thinking that you guys will start abandoning ship if they spread the 180 number, and I think that's absolutely not their place to do this. Let the school communicate with you when the proper people have reached some sort of plan. If potentially being 1 of 182 is not something you're okay with, then by all means pursue any other options you have.

Too early to say. With the financial situation of the school/state, I imagine they're going to try their best to keep as many OOS students with OOS tuition as they can. I'm sure this option will be discussed, though. I probably would have taken it with minimal to no thought.

Yes it has been confirmed and @pinkpuppy9 you have become quite the know it all all over this forum spreading your "theories" of which are mostly negative regarding UIUC. I don't think you have the room to speak to tell anyone what they can say and what they cannot. Excuse me but didn't you just bring up a dead subject that everyone has moved past to stir up more drama? 182 has been confirmed period. This is not new news. And there were plenty of rumors of how big this incoming class was going to be. No surprise.You continue to upset incoming first years by talking about budget issues and the such, when you yourself have no room to talk. You have no idea. Shouldn't the school address these concerns with anyone who is genuinely concerned? Wasn't that your message? Oh but you don't stop there..." Rumors at this stage will only cause harm and panic", well you sure spread them. You go on to speak on the schools behalf stating they over accepted in fear of budget cuts? who are you to speak on the schools behalf? Some current students happen to think that if someone is accepted and they really want to attend, they will. Maybe this was first choice for all accepted. Why wouldn't it be? I know I wouldn't be willing to give up my seat. You have no idea of what this class size was intended to be. And you just don't stop... " New rooms will still only fit 150, so I don't think 180 is going to be the new class size forever. With the financial situation of the school/state, I imagine they're going to try their best to keep as many OOS students with OOS tuition as they can." Who is scaring who now? Wow, I'll quote you once again what the heck, just for good measure " Rumors at this stage will only cause harm and panic". Yeah, maybe you should follow your own advice. Or at least shut up once in awhile and keep your negativity to yourself. I'm tired of reading it.

To any incoming first years, don't let the negativity spread by "pinkpuppy9" get to you. This person does not have half a clue, much less common sense. She has been called out before and then back tracks on her words. She doesn't posses " inside knowledge" and is as much in the dark as the rest of us. UIUC is great! It's been around forever and isn't going anywhere. Get ready to embark on a journey of a lifetime, you're going to love to hate it.

No, I think the school over-accepted because they were concerned the fact that we have NO budget would end up driving people away and we'd have less than 130 people accept. LSU also wasn't forced into having lectures in the anatomy or path labs, and you guys didn't have chains on doors because the classrooms were deserted halfway through construction. You also didn't have hospital services lose their space because of the budget halt. Luckily for that service they found a room. It was a legit concern that people may avoid the school. We STILL don't have a budget. The dean has now estimated November. This isn't just budget 'cuts,' that's the thing. No public school in the entire state has any sort of state budget. I can 't emphasize this enough. It's not "Oh, we'll have to be a little cheap here or there." It's "How long can we continue to pay our staff? If we run out of cash reserves, how long can we function on donations/tuition funds?"

One university is predicting they will close within the next few weeks. They cancelled spring break so they could complete their semester a week earlier because they're down to that little of money. U of I is big enough to function on donations and endowments for a while. The next concern is that this sh*tshow of a budget crisis will drop enrollment for all the schools in the coming years, further screwing with finances. Students didn't receive their grants, and some people won't enroll for classes if they don't have those grants. The veterinary school itself has to foot the bill for however many hundreds of thousands of dollars it will cost to finish our two classrooms, possibly our CSLC, possibly our zoo med service's space. Will the state ever repay us? Maybe. But they'd need a budget for that so....

For the love of sanity...just stop!

Yes it has been confirmed and @pinkpuppy9 you have become quite the know it all all over this forum spreading your "theories" of which are mostly negative regarding UIUC. I don't think you have the room to speak to tell anyone what they can say and what they cannot. Excuse me but didn't you just bring up a dead subject that everyone has moved past to stir up more drama? 182 has been confirmed period. This is not new news. And there were plenty of rumors of how big this incoming class was going to be. No surprise.You continue to upset incoming first years by talking about budget issues and the such, when you yourself have no room to talk. You have no idea. Shouldn't the school address these concerns with anyone who is genuinely concerned? Wasn't that your message? Oh but you don't stop there..." Rumors at this stage will only cause harm and panic", well you sure spread them. You go on to speak on the schools behalf stating they over accepted in fear of budget cuts? who are you to speak on the schools behalf? Some current students happen to think that if someone is accepted and they really want to attend, they will. Maybe this was first choice for all accepted. Why wouldn't it be? I know I wouldn't be willing to give up my seat. You have no idea of what this class size was intended to be. And you just don't stop... " New rooms will still only fit 150, so I don't think 180 is going to be the new class size forever. With the financial situation of the school/state, I imagine they're going to try their best to keep as many OOS students with OOS tuition as they can." Who is scaring who now? Wow, I'll quote you once again what the heck, just for good measure " Rumors at this stage will only cause harm and panic". Yeah, maybe you should follow your own advice. Or at least shut up once in awhile and keep your negativity to yourself. I'm tired of reading it.

To any incoming first years, don't let the negativity spread by "pinkpuppy9" get to you. This person does not have half a clue, much less common sense. She has been called out before and then back tracks on her words. She doesn't posses " inside knowledge" and is as much in the dark as the rest of us. UIUC is great! It's been around forever and isn't going anywhere. Get ready to embark on a journey of a lifetime, you're going to love to hate it.
To the bolded- friendly reminder that this is a public forum and within reason, anyone can state and voice their opinion on here. There's also a block button as well :).

I understand your concern about the negativity and rumors toward the school, but as a once prospective student, I would personally want to know what I was going into, especially if there was a gigantic leap in class size I wasn't aware of when I applied, that could potentially affect my schooling/clinical rotations. I personally didn't find any of her post to be extraordinarily "negative" or "AHHH DON'T GO HERE IT'S A HORRIBLE SCHOOL" but then again I would rather have a dose of reality (however exaggerated that may be at this point), than the opposite "everything is puppies and rainbows and it's going to be great!" Again, that's just my perspective on things.

Reactions: 2 users

Ah, this was a nice chuckle. I've never once discouraged anyone from attending. I've recommended this school to several people who are now members of 2020. As a matter of fact, if you read my last long post...I gave the update we were given as students and insisted no one be swayed in their decision by another. I wouldn't have posted anything about the 180 number had someone not actively sought out to spread that before the school broke the news. One of our classmates clearly intended on discouraging students..perhaps it's you and you're upset that you were called out on an internet forum? If so, I suggest you actually pay attention to your surroundings and perhaps talk to faculty. Maybe then you'd have a clue.

I'm genuinely concerned for you, as you clearly have difficulty reading :confused:

Edit: Also, back to intelligent conversation....

Have any of you found your Intranet page yet? https://vetmed.illinois.edu/intranet/asa/2020_Website.html if you haven't. Not too much posted, but your class schedule is!

Last edited:
Ah, this was a nice chuckle. I've never once discouraged anyone from attending. I've recommended this school to several people who are now members of 2020. As a matter of fact, if you read my last long post...I gave the update we were given as students and insisted no one be swayed in their decision by another. I wouldn't have posted anything about the 180 number had someone not actively sought out to spread that before the school broke the news. One of our classmates clearly intended on discouraging students..perhaps it's you and you're upset that you were called out on an internet forum? If so, I suggest you actually pay attention to your surroundings and perhaps talk to faculty. Maybe then you'd have a clue.

I'm genuinely concerned for you, as you clearly have difficulty reading :confused:

Edit: Also, back to intelligent conversation....

Have any of you found your Intranet page yet? https://vetmed.illinois.edu/intranet/asa/2020_Website.html if you haven't. Not too much posted, but your class schedule is!

What is the active directory password? I tried using the password I use for other sites (like enterprise) but when I try to get into the link you sent it wont work with that password and I am wondering if I need to set up a different AD password..

What is the active directory password? I tried using the password I use for other sites (like enterprise) but when I try to get into the link you sent it wont work with that password and I am wondering if I need to set up a different AD password..
Oh gosh....this was really confusing for me last year. I think they make you have two different passwords at some point. My AD is the same password as my email account, did you try that?

Oh gosh....this was really confusing for me last year. I think they make you have two different passwords at some point. My AD is the same password as my email account, did you try that?

Yeah I tried that password. Actually when I type in my credentials it doesn't say I typed in the wrong information it basically just doesn't take me to the next page.. Maybe it's not set up yet? I'll just give them some time and try again later.

Yeah I tried that password. Actually when I type in my credentials it doesn't say I typed in the wrong information it basically just doesn't take me to the next page.. Maybe it's not set up yet? I'll just give them some time and try again later.
Lol, I have no idea, sorry. I had to call the technology people to get my login info figured out. It's also entirely possible that you guys don't have intranet access yet? Not sure :shrug:

Yeah same problem and I'm positive I have the correct password (because I already attend here and it's saved in my computer!) We probably just don't have access yet, no biggie. BUT, if YOU can see it, can you just post a picture of it or something here? Is that possible?

Yeah same problem and I'm positive I have the correct password (because I already attend here and it's saved in my computer!) We probably just don't have access yet, no biggie. BUT, if YOU can see it, can you just post a picture of it or something here? Is that possible?
Uhhhh if I knew how to do anything I could post the picture. But as of right now you guys go from 9-4 MWF, 9-12 on Tuesday, and 9-3 on Thursday. Zoo Med is 5-6 MW and Contemporary Issues is 3-4 T/TH. Things could be changed from now until August, though. Enjoy the early Tuesdays!

Also, those hours above do not always happen every single week. We had to have class until 5 on a Friday once (it was terrible for the 30% that showed up :p), some profs cancel a class for whatever reason, or they have their own scheduling issue arise and things end up being moved around. Rooms can change at the drop of a hat too, but I suspect that won't be the case now that we're going to have our classrooms!

A little off topic and super early but I am going to be selling my Dyce Veterinary Anatomy book ($60) and my Evans Guide to the Dissection of the Dog ($20). The Evans is absolutely essential for the anatomy lab, I'm selling it for cheap because I bought it used and I used it in lab so it is pretty dirty although it is nice not having to worry about getting it all gross. Everyone has a love hate relationship with Dyce but it has a lot of good information in it and the professor really likes using it. Plus it tells you about large animal dissection stuff that the Evans book doesn't cover (because it only does the Dog...)

Just wanted to put this out there for y'all!

A little off topic and super early but I am going to be selling my Dyce Veterinary Anatomy book ($60) and my Evans Guide to the Dissection of the Dog ($20). The Evans is absolutely essential for the anatomy lab, I'm selling it for cheap because I bought it used and I used it in lab so it is pretty dirty although it is nice not having to worry about getting it all gross. Everyone has a love hate relationship with Dyce but it has a lot of good information in it and the professor really likes using it. Plus it tells you about large animal dissection stuff that the Evans book doesn't cover (because it only does the Dog...)

Just wanted to put this out there for y'all!
Is this the 4th edition of Dyce? I have the second, but I am afraid it would be too outdated. I would definitely be interested in these. Also, with the Evans book, as far as dirty, is it still legible and can you see the pictures well?

Is this the 4th edition of Dyce? I have the second, but I am afraid it would be too outdated. I would definitely be interested in these. Also, with the Evans book, as far as dirty, is it still legible and can you see the pictures well?
I'll have to look but it is the edition that was needed for my class so I think so. In terms of dirty I just mean I touched it with my dirty anatomy gloves lol. Everything is still legible and in otherwise good condition. I would just think twice before touching it with bare hands and then eating or touching anything else. I've seen people attempt to keep one hand clean during lab to turn pages, take off gloves to look in the book and then put on a new pair, and pretty much do anything not to touch their book. I personal think it just saved time, money (in terms of gloves), and frustration to just touch the darn book haha My group members appreciated having a book they didn't have to worry about touching with their gloves. There is some highlighting that was done previously but it doesn't affect anything, the terms that you need to know are the bolded ones.

Aww, someone who used to get on my case for being "negative" when I was being realistic is getting the same thing...

Almost makes my heart swell.... Almost... It is mostly still cold and black. :p

Between this thread and the class facebook page speculating, I'm just like,

giphy.gif

We just all need to hakuna our tatas and see what the school sends out in the next week or two.

I'll have to look but it is the edition that was needed for my class so I think so. In terms of dirty I just mean I touched it with my dirty anatomy gloves lol. Everything is still legible and in otherwise good condition. I would just think twice before touching it with bare hands and then eating or touching anything else. I've seen people attempt to keep one hand clean during lab to turn pages, take off gloves to look in the book and then put on a new pair, and pretty much do anything not to touch their book. I personal think it just saved time, money (in terms of gloves), and frustration to just touch the darn book haha My group members appreciated having a book they didn't have to worry about touching with their gloves. There is some highlighting that was done previously but it doesn't affect anything, the terms that you need to know are the bolded ones.
If it is the 4th edition, I would definitely like both of these. :)

Between this thread and the class facebook page speculating, I'm just like,

giphy.gif

We just all need to hakuna our tatas and see what the school sends out in the next week or two.
For real though.

Honestly, I hope I didn't come off as negative. I did post my theories, sure, but the fact that someone from my class was actively seeking to scare you guys away pissed me off. DON'T GIVE UP YOUR SEAT UNLESS YOU WANT TO. End of story. You earned it, regardless of what's going on.

Aww, someone who used to get on my case for being "negative" when I was being realistic is getting the same thing...

Almost makes my heart swell.... Almost... It is mostly still cold and black. :p
Also, it's even funnier when you realize the same person who tried to chew me out also attempted to chew you out at one point at well :rofl:

Yes, saw it when I creeped on her post history. You insisted she calm down about the waiting process, she was very worked up back then too.

I can't creep on her post history. :(

Your long rant here is a bit confusing for me. You pinpoint pinkpuppy9 as being negative and trying to scare away new first years, but I feel like I've been saying relatively the same thing as her on almost all points and you have never commented to me about it. Why isolate her statements when in many cases I have been much more negative? I'm a realist to the point of being obnoxious when it comes to things relating to vet med or this school. I prefer to have people be fully informed. If you have a personal issue with someone on this forum, I would suggest talking to them in person about it since you guys are classmates. If you refuse to do that, then please still leave it off this site. This is supposed to be a helpful forum, not a drama filled one. Thank you. ~Your Friendly Neighborhood 2nd Year :)

Your long rant here is a bit confusing for me. You pinpoint pinkpuppy9 as being negative and trying to scare away new first years, but I feel like I've been saying relatively the same thing as her on almost all points and you have never commented to me about it. Why isolate her statements when in many cases I have been much more negative? I'm a realist to the point of being obnoxious when it comes to things relating to vet med or this school. I prefer to have people be fully informed. If you have a personal issue with someone on this forum, I would suggest talking to them in person about it since you guys are classmates. If you refuse to do that, then please still leave it off this site. This is supposed to be a helpful forum, not a drama filled one. Thank you. ~Your Friendly Neighborhood 2nd Year :)

Whoa. I totally missed this. That added a whole nother level for me.

Naw, I'm pretty sure she's only upset because she's the one who I said was hoping to discourage 2020ers, and she clearly received my message this way instead of several other classmates telling her not to do it via another platform. I did tell someone to tell their source how I felt, didn't I? ;) Why you feel it's your job to discourage incoming first years (which she claimed I was doing....:rolleyes::eyebrow:), I will never understand.

Doesn't really matter if they need their issues worked out and need to come to me personally...there isn't actually an issue that involves me other than the fact that this person literally fabricated a few things that she said I did on this forum. It's all good, it's the internet and someone got angry behind their keyboard. It happens. I don't actually think I've exchanged words with the person I suspect is behind the username, either, so yeah. Strange.

I'm happy that we have older students popping in here and giving us newbies advice and perspective. Please keep it coming, and don't worry about us, we aren't like mindless rabbits who will get scared off of vet school by one person's input!

I'm happy that we have older students popping in here and giving us newbies advice and perspective. Please keep it coming, and don't worry about us, we aren't like mindless rabbits who will get scared off of vet school by one person's input!
I'm tired but I find that statement and your display picture a funny combination. We're always happy to answer questions though. That's why we hang out on here.

Hi everyone!
We still looking for a third housemate for our 3br, 1ba house! One other first year vet student and I will be renting a house in Champaign, about 10 minutes from the vet school (depending on traffic). Reasonably new washer, dryer, dishwasher, fridge, stove, furnace, and central air! It's got a full basement that is unfinished, but clean and dry. There is off street parking, and it is close to a bus stop. We will have one car for sure in the house, so we plan to carpool to campus.

There will be one dog in the house, and we prefer that you don't bring other pets, but if you have a cat that gets along with dogs, we might be able to work it out.
We would totally love to live with either another first year or any other vet students.

Please pm me if you are interested. We're more than happy to answer any questions or provide some pictures!

Hi everyone I posted this on the fb page, but who knows maybe someone doesn't have fb. I have rented a 2 bed 2 bath condo. Rent and utilities are included for $625 per month.

For the ladies already at the vet school, I saw that this was briefly discussed earlier, but I wanted to get some more advice on the Blue Coat Ceremony sizing. Some ladies said to get a size up, but I'm super tiny and worried that getting a size up will look too big or be too long. I'm 4'10, 34 bust, 26 ish waist, 34 hip. The XS has a 33-34 bust, so should I just get the S? I'm not sure if there's anyone of similar proportions in the older classes that would have sizing advice :)

For the ladies already at the vet school, I saw that this was briefly discussed earlier, but I wanted to get some more advice on the Blue Coat Ceremony sizing. Some ladies said to get a size up, but I'm super tiny and worried that getting a size up will look too big or be too long. I'm 4'10, 34 bust, 26 ish waist, 34 hip. The XS has a 33-34 bust, so should I just get the S? I'm not sure if there's anyone of similar proportions in the older classes that would have sizing advice :)
I have a classmate who is extremely tiny, I'd bet her measurements were smaller than yours. I don't think the coats ran small enough for her, tbh. http://cheer.epicsports.com/prod/70...yi8kp00f1sHwx2TE9R39H6flE00_QuIywzBoCMLPw_wcB If it helps at all.

You fall at the upper end of the waist too, but the hip size doesn't run small enough for you. Honestly, I'd get the XS. I think my problem is that my bust and hips fit in with one category, but my waist was in the next by an inch. I thought it'd be fine since I was told they ran big, but it ended up being an issue. Not that it helps you make a decision, but if it ends up fitting awkwardly, join the party. Most of the bigger chested girls can't button their coats, some girls are swimming in theirs.

I have a classmate who is extremely tiny, I'd bet her measurements were smaller than yours. I don't think the coats ran small enough for her, tbh. http://cheer.epicsports.com/prod/70...yi8kp00f1sHwx2TE9R39H6flE00_QuIywzBoCMLPw_wcB If it helps at all.

You fall at the upper end of the waist too, but the hip size doesn't run small enough for you. Honestly, I'd get the XS. I think my problem is that my bust and hips fit in with one category, but my waist was in the next by an inch. I thought it'd be fine since I was told they ran big, but it ended up being an issue. Not that it helps you make a decision, but if it ends up fitting awkwardly, join the party. Most of the bigger chested girls can't button their coats, some girls are swimming in theirs.
Do we get white coats at the end of first year?