University of Kansas c/o 2017 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Xx

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think it went well! I had 2 interviewers and they were both very nice and laid back. It was over pretty quickly and the follow-up activity is no big deal and has no bearing on your admission. They said we should more than likely hear a decision in March. Thanks for asking! Have you heard anything yet?

I have not heard anything, which is starting to make me really nervous.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure they still have plenty of interviews to go! You might try checking with Gina King to make sure that they have everything needed with your application and that nothing fell through the cracks. Good luck!

I actually spoke with the associate dean and everything is there in my application. I was actually one of the first people to send in my application. I was told that they will be doing interviews all throughout March. KU is my top choice because I do not want to relocate my family. I have already been accepted to a school in Chicago, but I would like to stay here.

I actually spoke with the associate dean and everything is there in my application. I was actually one of the first people to send in my application. I was told that they will be doing interviews all throughout March. KU is my top choice because I do not want to relocate my family. I have already been accepted to a school in Chicago, but I would like to stay here.

I was told that the last rounds of interviews will be 3/06, 3/09, and 3/12. You still have plenty of time to be scheduled and have your interview for this year. Simply make sure they have your correct email address. Good luck.

I was told that the last rounds of interviews will be 3/06, 3/09, and 3/12. You still have plenty of time to be scheduled and have your interview for this year. Simply make sure they have your correct email address. Good luck.

Thanks. They have my correct email address because I had to fill out a change of school form in order to apply to the pharmacy school since I am a student at KU Edwards campus. I received an email from Gina King for verification right after I filled it out at the pharmacy school. I will be really sad if I do not hear anything. Trying to keep my head up, though and thinking about all of the exciting things that I can do in Chicago.

Hello everyone. I just received my letter today for March 9th. It also says about the additional activity at the end of my interview. Does anyone know what this is about? Has anyone had this activity at her/his interview? I hope we all get what we are waiting for. Good luck everyone :)

Hello everyone. I just received my letter today for March 9th. It also says about the additional activity at the end of my interview. Does anyone know what this is about? Has anyone had this activity at her/his interview? I hope we all get what we are waiting for. Good luck everyone :)

Everyone has to do the activity. I won't spoil the surprise cause it won't be fair to those of us who went before you but it's something you will not expect and at the same time it is something that isn't considered in your application.

Everyone has to do the activity. I won't spoil the surprise cause it won't be fair to those of us who went before you but it's something you will not expect and at the same time it is something that isn't considered in your application.
Thank you for your response. So you mean it would not effect our interview results? Then, what is the reason for the activity?

I will be interviewing on Mar 6th, are the interviews blind?

I will be interviewing on Mar 6th, are the interviews blind?

What's blind interview? Just be yourself. The more you plan, the worse you'll do. If you're a likeable person, you'll be fine

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone. I had my interview Feb. 13. I was really nervous, but I think I did pretty well overall. If you have an interview coming up, try not to be nervous because the interviewers are really nice and laid back. :) My question is: they don't make decisions until ALL the interviews are done?

I think my brain is going to explode if I don't hear something soon...:eek:

Hi there! I interviewed on Feb. 13th, but I have not heard anything yet from the school. I haven't heard from any of my classmates that also interviewed that day, either. I guess KU is playing their cards close to their chest!

I don't know, last year I had my interview in April (no snow days either), I wouldn't say it's over yet.

They have all of your information. When I came in they had transcript, PCAT scores, all of my letters of recommendation on the table.

Thanks! It helped me prepare my answer to the one major blemish in my application. Otherwise the interview went well, however i was clueless on the current events question they asked me about.

Anyone here about when interviews are going to be complete? I'm have a hardcore mental breakdown cause I haven't heard a thing even though I turned my stuff in early.

Anyone here about when interviews are going to be complete? I'm have a hardcore mental breakdown cause I haven't heard a thing even though I turned my stuff in early.

I am in the exact same position as you. I turned in my application the day after it opened in October. I have kind of lost hope, but it is ok. Luckily, I have already been accepted to CSU in Chicago and still waiting on a response from Roseman in Henderson.

I am in the exact same position as you. I turned in my application the day after it opened in October. I have kind of lost hope, but it is ok. Luckily, I have already been accepted to CSU in Chicago and still waiting on a response from Roseman in Henderson.

their calendar display next sat (3/09) and next tuesday (3/12) round of interviews as the last one. but how can we be sure? They could still very well add some more at the last minute.

Sorry to modify, just found this (I knew it was there, just forgot about it)...According to this, interviews will be going thru April, and people will find out thru May. Check it here (under the Fall 2013 Applicant Tab): http://pharmacy.ku.edu/pharmd-admission

Last edited:
Pharmhawk... I am also wondering where this calendar is? Don't lose hope yet... I expected to get a letter atleast two weeks prior to my interview date but they instead sent the email late Thursday for an interview the following Wed. So you still might get an invite.

Pharmhawk... I am also wondering where this calendar is? Don't lose hope yet... I expected to get a letter atleast two weeks prior to my interview date but they instead sent the email late Thursday for an interview the following Wed. So you still might get an invite.

here is the link to access the calendar:
click on unofficial calendar from this page.

http://pharmacy.ku.edu/content/student-organizations

or, here is the direct link to the actual calendar:

https://www.google.com/calendar/emb...group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Chicago

Interesting, that goes against what the main website says...the one here (under the Fall 2013 applicant tab): http://pharmacy.ku.edu/pharmd-admission

I think the text for that website has not been updated in a couple years and they're just reusing it as a basic explanation process for the procedure. I heard the final round of interview invites went out today.

I just received an interview invite for 12 March

I think the text for that website has not been updated in a couple years and they're just reusing it as a basic explanation process for the procedure. I heard the final round of interview invites went out today.

I just talked to Gina and she said it's all thru March. I mean, in previous years I've know people who got in with interviews in late March (without snow days.)

I just talked to Gina and she said it's all thru March. I mean, in previous years I've know people who got in with interviews in late March (without snow days.)

You mean she said the last round is on 3/12? or it might go to the end of March?

You mean she said the last round is on 3/12? or it might go to the end of March?

She didn't give me a date, but I'm assuming till the end of March. When did they start interviews and how many are typically interviewed in a day?

She didn't give me a date, but I'm assuming till the end of March. When did they start interviews and how many are typically interviewed in a day?

They started interviews in early Feb. I am not sure how many are typically interviewed in a day, but they have different times that you can choose from on your interview day. Are you still waiting for an interview invite? Did you apply last year as well?

They started interviews in early Feb. I am not sure how many are typically interviewed in a day, but they have different times that you can choose from on your interview day. Are you still waiting for an interview invite? Did you apply last year as well?

Yep, no word from the school. I applied last year and got a late interview (like in April.) Hope diminishes everyday I don't here anything...any suggestions on what to do?

I am not sure what to do in your case. I hope that they are still conducting interviews after spring break, but the calendar doesn't show that. Did you get a rejection letter last year or were you put on the waitlist and never pulled off? Are there any other pharmacy schools that you are applying to?

I am not sure what to do in your case. I hope that they are still conducting interviews after spring break, but the calendar doesn't show that. Did you get a rejection letter last year or were you put on the waitlist and never pulled off? Are there any other pharmacy schools that you are applying to?

I did but If I don't get in here, I doubt I'll get in other places I applied. BUT, I just got word that they're doing like 20 more interviews after the 12th...which give me a little hope!

I did but If I don't get in here, I doubt I'll get in other places I applied. BUT, I just got word that they're doing like 20 more interviews after the 12th...which give me a little hope!

20??? Where did you hear that from?

Do you mean they are interviewing 20 more students after the 12th? No way! The acceptance letters should be going out during spring break according to an internal source.

they have a tentative interview date set for march 27th after march 12th.

Last edited:
Where are you getting this information? Just curious.

When scheduling my interview, they said if I couldn't make it March 12 (because I live a good distance away) there is a tentative date set for the 27. Seeing as it was italicized I think it implies it's not a for sure date and that they could either not have one at all or they could move it.

When scheduling my interview, they said if I couldn't make it March 12 (because I live a good distance away) there is a tentative date set for the 27. Seeing as it was italicized I think it implies it's not a for sure date and that they could either not have one at all or they could move it.

If I had to guess, I would say they are making their selections and if they are not enough qualified candidates, then they'll go ahead and do more interviews.

I'd try to make it on the 12th.

If I had to guess, I would say they are making their selections and if they are not enough qualified candidates, then they'll go ahead and do more interviews.

I'd try to make it on the 12th.

That's what I'm doing and I agree with you in regards to their intentions. Glad we're on the same page.

Had my interview last saturday. From what I heard, the last interview is March 12th and there's about 230 applicants overall that received an interview. I've talked to some of the P3 students who had an interview last April and they received their acceptance letter by April 15th. So they might be sending letters starting the last week of March

Had my interview last saturday. From what I heard, the last interview is March 12th and there's about 230 applicants overall that received an interview. I've talked to some of the P3 students who had an interview last April and they received their acceptance letter by April 15th. So they might be sending letters starting the last week of March

170/230 will not be bad as a ratio given that they admit 170 student per year.

170/230 will not be bad as a ratio given that they admit 170 student per year.

Not necessarily. They only admitted 160 or so last year because there weren't enough qualified candidates. They aren't just going to admit to fill spots.