University of Maryland Eastern Shore UMES SOP c/o2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jinjin89108

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Class 2015,

It is almost that time of the year to apply; wish good luck to all! :xf: Happy Applying!:laugh:

Feel free to share your Question/Stat/PCAT/GPA/Experience etc.etc....

I went to their open house back in June, so I know something about their campus.

My Stat: BA in Biology/3.15 GPA/ Sept PCAT/ 2 yrs pharmacy exp.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I was at the open house too! I am definitely applying. Do you know when the Fall 2012 supplemental app will be up?

Hey I was at the open house too! I am definitely applying. Do you know when the Fall 2012 supplemental app will be up?

check the UMES site, it is already up:)
Are you also taking the Sept PCAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I am, Sept. 26. How are you preparing for the exam?

:idea:Sorry for the early post, the sub app is now posted on UMES website today. I contacted the school, it seems like this cycle, interview is gonna start around end of Nov, and they do not offer early decision.

:luck:

Hi, I'm applying to this school for fall 2012 admission as well. Is there any admitted pharmacy student that could offer some insight, or advice about this school's admission process? Thanks.

Hey,

I am applying for Fall 2012 as well. I just wanted to get peoples opinions of my likelihood of being accepted.

I am taking the pcats in January.

GPA: 2.9
Science GPA - 3.0
1 Year as Pharmacy Technician
Founder, President of Pre-pharmacy Club
Schoenbrodt Honors Scholar
Internship at the University of Maryland Baltimore School of Pharmacy
President of MSA Club (Muslim Student Association)
Member of Student Government Assosiation
Tutor in Statistics, Biology, Inorganic Chemistry

whats my liklihood of getting in and what should be a safe pcat score i need to get accepted?

thank you

mufasa4008

Last edited:
this is my first post ever on SDN. i'm applying for UMES for C/O 2015. i took the PCAT last Aug (2010) and did horrible. im retaking it on Sept 26. im so nervous. anywho i will be an out of state applicant. im nervous about it because they prefer applicants from DE, VA, and MD. :scared:

Anyone submit their biographical sketch? Any idea how long it should be or any tips for it?

the school does prefer app from DE VA MD, but since they are a newer school, you should still try it, plus the campus seems very nice;)

Haven't submitted the supplemental yet, but got an interview invite! Excited :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats I got one too as well...can I ask wehn your interview date it?

How soon after e-submitting did you guys get an interview? Also, is anyone going to the open house on saturday?

How soon after e-submitting did you guys get an interview? Also, is anyone going to the open house on saturday?

I e-submitted and did the supp app roughy around 9/5ish. From past threads they didnt start interviewing until mid Nov. I was really suprised to see that e-mail come that soon

I e-submitted early September too.

same...what time is yours? Im 12:30 TO 4:30. I have a feeling you have the same time as me. Is this going to be a group interview?
Same time as well, I guess I will see ya then :p

I don't think it is a group interview though, but I'm not sure.

Is everyone here applying from MD, DE or VA? Not sure if it's worthwhile to do the biographical sketch and everything if so much preference is given to these states already!

I e-submitted and did the supp app roughy around 9/5ish. From past threads they didnt start interviewing until mid Nov. I was really suprised to see that e-mail come that soon

I had asked Miracle Creighton about it and she said they would start interviews in October and end them in May. I just e-submitted on September 15th, so I am looking for my interview to be soon...

Is everyone here applying from MD, DE or VA? Not sure if it's worthwhile to do the biographical sketch and everything if so much preference is given to these states already!

I am from MD. But I think a lot of their first class is from out of state, they do consider out of state applicants too.

mufasa4008, well your GPA is ok, and your other activities are very competitive. As always the higher PCAT the better. There is no safe score:) Remember application to Pharm school is about keeping your application in the keep pile, not the rejected pile. Admission people get several thousand applications. They have to weed people out to get an interview cohort. So everything matters!~. Also if you do not get in this year keep working torwards your goal. Also if you do not have your B.S. finish it if you do not get in then reapply.
good luck
pharmDman3901

Hey,

I am applying for Fall 2012 as well. I just wanted to get peoples opinions of my likelihood of being accepted.

Science GPA - 3.0

whats my liklihood of getting in and what should be a safe pcat score i need to get accepted?

thank you

mufasa4008

Not true, both classes have a good mix of people both instate and out of state, you can contact Miracle-Creighton for details.

I am from MD. But I think a lot of their first class is from out of state, they do consider out of state applicants too.

Not true, both classes have a good mix of people both instate and out of state, you can contact Miracle-Creighton for details.

You are correct, I just attended the open house this morning. The drive home message was to apply early!

Thanks for your input! I think I'll still try and apply (from CA) and hope for the best. By the way, when you submitted the supp, it said to submit it online. I was just wondering how to go about doing that since I didn't see any link for it (I just saw the link for downloading the pdf).

Congrats! So you can get an interview invite before submitting the supplemental? I thought they had to be submitted simultaneously....

Thanks for your input! I think I'll still try and apply (from CA) and hope for the best. By the way, when you submitted the supp, it said to submit it online. I was just wondering how to go about doing that since I didn't see any link for it (I just saw the link for downloading the pdf).

After you open the PDF file you will see a red box in the top right corner that says submit. You click that after you fill out the form.

Last edited:
anyone that did the interview heard back from UMES yet? how was the interview?:rolleyes:

interview was not too bad considering everyone was very friendly...got my acceptance via email couple weeks back

So umes requires that you are cpr certified for one of the classes b4 you can start P1...is that all pharm schools or is that just umes? Never heard of that b4

So umes requires that you are cpr certified for one of the classes b4 you can start P1...is that all pharm schools or is that just umes? Never heard of that b4

Don't worry I'm a current second year student and they will certify you prior to the start of classes. It's part of orientation :)

Hey everyone want to welcome you all AND THANK YOU FOR THE INTEREST IN UMES SOP ! I wish everyone luck and to tell everyone to feel free to message or write me if you have any questions about my school, I'll be more than happy to help as we are on break and I can take a breather! LOL :laugh:

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

Hi! I have an interview at UMES SOP this upcoming Feb. 3. 2012. I have some questions about the school and I was wondering if I can get your email so I can send these questions! Thank you so much! Happy Holidays

You stand a pretty good chance being you sound like a well-rounded student. To be on the safe side I'd say get at least a 60th percentile on the PCAT and you should be getting a call for an interview ;)

Hey,

Science GPA - 3.0

thank you

mufasa4008

It doesn't matter what state you are from, UMES has a very diverse background of students from all over :thumbup:

do you think it is better ( or convenient) to get certified now or get it done with the school?

You can now if you like because it will save you like 3-4 hours time you can relax one of your orientation days. Why not :)

does anyone know how many students has UMES accepted so far???

Hello everypne,
Im really excited, i just got an interview invitation this morning and my interview is for this friday. 1/13/12!!
I need help preparing for the interview and i wanted to know if anyone knows what kind of questions i would be asked and anything else that's specific to UMES' interview process.

thanks

Hello everypne,
Im really excited, i just got an interview invitation this morning and my interview is for this friday. 1/13/12!!
I need help preparing for the interview and i wanted to know if anyone knows what kind of questions i would be asked and anything else that's specific to UMES' interview process.

thanks

if you dont mind me asking, what are your stats?

GPA: 3.8
Pre pharm club
Biology and chem society
volunteer for non profit health organization
Summer pharm tech internship
Honor student and deans list
Pcat 62 percentile( biology 71, chem 69)

My pharmcas application just went through this past Monday. Hoping to hear something soon

My stats are
3.913 GPA with fall courses
69 pcat store (73 chem, 84 biology)
3 writing score
Pretty good lors
4+ years pharmacy tech experience

I do have a concern that applying so late may have put me at a slight disadvantage.

Congrats and best of luck to all!!!!!

Last edited:
NeedtobeRX-

Just wondering when you submitted your pharmcas/supplemental? I was wondering what the time frame is between submission and interview invitations...or yours at least if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks!!! And congrats on getting an interview:) Hope it went well

Hello everypne,

thanks
Unfortunately questions are confidential and interviewees have been bound by written agreement not to spill. lol.

Is anyone having trouble e-submitting their supplemental? I filled it out and when I clicked on the red submit button, nothing happened. Absolutely nothing. No acknowledgement, a different page didn't appear. nothing. So, I clicked a few more times and also clicked the button below it. still nothing. This is getting me very nervous.. I emailed the school & will call them tomorrow during office hours as well

Is anyone having trouble e-submitting their supplemental? I filled it out and when I clicked on the red submit button, nothing happened. Absolutely nothing. No acknowledgement, a different page didn't appear. nothing. So, I clicked a few more times and also clicked the button below it. still nothing. This is getting me very nervous.. I emailed the school & will call them tomorrow during office hours as well

Try Internet Explorer. I had the same problem with Chrome.

You're right, I was using google chrome. It worked with internet explorer (yay!). I had to set up an account with microsoft outlook. Did acrobat prompt you to 'select a responses file'? I clicked on the file and it said 'click to place signature on pdf file'.. doesn't the document say signature required at interview?.. when I click it, it says I need to print it out to sign. :confused: