University of Pittsburgh Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Me too, but they've been taking long breaks all day. Someone did say earlier that a call was made at 7 pm last year

I am really hoping that's the case this year too, but I hate having false hope. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder why they email some and call others. Did your AADSAS change?
Yes, it just changed to check back December 15th. But it did not change until my acceptance!

Just got an acceptance via email! I have still not received a call.
That's awesome, congratulations!! May I ask what letter your last name begins with?

Members don't see this ad :)
Every time it seems like they're done someone else pops up. I wish there was a way to know for sure so I could go relax!
Ikr! I appreciate that they call because it shows how much they care about their students, but it truly is soo nerve-wracking... please send a bulk email so I can get some closure :cryi:

I called and was told that they'll call for the next few days, so keep your hopes up!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they are still calling today?

Reactions: 8 users
Trying to keep the faith, sounds like they're not done but I was hoping more folks would be hearing over the last few days... Definitely nerve-wracking, I was really hoping to hear from Pitt :( Stay positive guys, it'll work itself out.

Emailed Jerry from admissions and received what has to amount to a de facto waitlisting: "I encourage you remain patient and I encourage you to trust the process as offers of acceptance are moving a little slower than in past cycles."... along with some additional strange mentions of "being on the radar" for a potential acceptance.
If only admins would shoot straight and avoid circuitous language, lol.
I'm curious how many people got a call Tuesday total then if it's slower... I wish we could just get an email or status change

If they send any more emails not about the application cycle my teeth are gonna explode

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Hi guys, for those that got accepted, is there a FB page for the Class of 2025? Also, Happy Holidays!

• Hmm
Hi guys, for those that got accepted, did anyone receive more information about Dean's Summer Research Scholarship Application and Program? In the acceptance email, it said I would receive more information in the "coming days" but I have yet to receive anything...

Also, has anyone received a scholarship yet? I was told on the 15th I was being considered and would hear about it soon, but still haven't heard anything.

Does anyone know the range of scholarships Pitt is offering to students? Also, if you get one scholarship, can they give you more later? Just curious, thanks!

Interview #3
School: University of Pittsburg
Notification date: 12/29/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/30
Application complete date: 7/20
GPA (overall, science): 3.8, 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24AA | 24TS | 23 RC | 25 PAT | No
Interview date: 1/11/2021
Method of Interview: Zoom
Social Security Number: 613-Nah just kidding

Last edited:
Interview #3
School: University of Pittsburg
Notification date: 12/29/2020 12:07pm
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/22
Application complete date: 7/15
GPA (overall, science): 3.77, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24AA | 24TS | 25 RC | 23 PAT | No
Interview date: 1/11/2021
Method of Interview: Zoom
Social Security Number: 613-Nah just kidding
Congrats! you surprised me with your social security number :happy:

• Haha
Has anyone gotten an acceptance since December 15th?

Hello! I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. Does anyone know if Pitt students get a summer break? if yes, how long is it?

did Pitt send out another round of interviews post December yet?

Does anyone know if their waitlist has a lot of movement? Do they accept a lot of people from the waitlist?

Also waitlisted, lol. Emailed. Gonna reject my spot, I am committing to Penn. Hope you guys get in <3

Pitt is done interviewing and all I was told is that waitlist movement will occur over the next 2 months. They’ve accepted 80 people and are just waiting for people to decline their seat to start pulling from the waitlist.

• Love
Does anyone know when decisions will be sent out for those who just interviewed?

Does anyone know when decisions will be sent out for those who just interviewed?
I have been patiently waiting and wondering about this too! Based off last years thread, it appears that acceptances for those who interviewed in early January were given a week after the information session. So, I am assuming towards the end of this week or next week sometime

I find this hard to believe before the secind information session has even happened. Odd if true
I agree...Perhaps a few of the 80 acceptances were from the Jan interview session and haven't been given out yet