University of Pittsburgh Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I agree...Perhaps a few of the 80 acceptances were from the Jan interview session and haven't been given out yet
I certainly hope so lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
There are around 70 students who have paid deposits so far!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who interviewed post 12/15 — they said decisions should be put out next week!

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I never received an interview. I submitted early August and was OOS. Feels bad man.

• Care
Does anyone know if there is another deposit date coming up soon for Pitt or how many people are usually on their waitlist? I'm trying to figure out when we're most likely to hear back.

Does anyone know if there is another deposit date coming up soon for Pitt or how many people are usually on their waitlist? I'm trying to figure out when we're most likely to hear back.
I’m not sure, but I think March 1st is when applicants cannot have multiple deposits down anymore. We could see some movement then.

Emailed Jerry from admissions and received what has to amount to a de facto waitlisting: "I encourage you remain patient and I encourage you to trust the process as offers of acceptance are moving a little slower than in past cycles."... along with some additional strange mentions of "being on the radar" for a potential acceptance.
If only admins would shoot straight and avoid circuitous language, lol.
Whatever happened to their "radar"? Is the radar not working anymore? Did they send same email about "being on radar" to everyone?

Whatever happened to their "radar"? Is the radar not working anymore? Did they send same email about "being on radar" to everyone?
I feel like it. My friend emailed them last month and I think she gets that exact email as everyone.

I’m assuming no one has gotten off the waitlist yet?

When I sent my letter of intent he said “you’re on my radar” “be patient trust the process” “things work out like they’re supposed to” like ok Jerry but I need to know whether to resign the lease on my apartment or not 😅
I admittedly had a similar conversation with Jerry back in December, including things like "you're on my radar for an acceptance" and "we are still making calls through the week so keep an ear out" and "I remember precisely who you are, which is a really good thing, I hope you know that" then I got a big old waitlist (lollllll) so admittedly while those things sound nice, I don't think they mean a thing. The reality--no matter how fluffy they make it sound--is that if you weren't accepted in their first round, you're their second or third or fourth choice. I declined my waitlist spot, I hope it goes to someone who really wants to go to Pitt and who Pitt really wants; even if I were to get in there later and it would be cheaper in the long haul, I know I don't have the capital to forfeit another deposit and tbh, I would rather be somewhere where I feel the school really wants me there. So I am very, very happy to be attending Penn in the fall :)

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
I admittedly had a similar conversation with Jerry back in December, including things like "you're on my radar for an acceptance" and "we are still making calls through the week so keep an ear out" and "I remember precisely who you are, which is a really good thing, I hope you know that" then I got a big old waitlist (lollllll) so admittedly while those things sound nice, I don't think they mean a thing. The reality--no matter how fluffy they make it sound--is that if you weren't accepted in their first round, you're their second or third or fourth choice. I declined my waitlist spot, I hope it goes to someone who really wants to go to Pitt and who Pitt really wants; even if I were to get in there later and it would be cheaper in the long haul, I know I don't have the capital to forfeit another deposit and tbh, I would rather be somewhere where I feel the school really wants me there. So I am very, very happy to be attending Penn in the fall :)
Congratulations. I think anyone who sent emails to them, they send same blanket response about "being on the radar" without even checking scores/stats or application. I can't imagine that they have 300+ people on their radar. So you are right, those things sound nice, but they don't mean anything.

Congratulations on Penn acceptance - it's a great program from what I have heard and from people who have graduated from there.

• Love
oof the fact that I was waitlisted and IS hurts, man...

Anyone hear of any waitlist movement lately?

The class is currently full with no waitlist movement.

• Wow
I personally know someone who got off the waitlist today

I got off the waitlist today and am accepting the acceptance!

I have no idea but I haven’t heard of any waitlist movement in a few weeks so maybe
A few people have joined our groupme since I got off the waitlist in March. However I don’t know if they were waitlisted or not

I’m assuming no one has heard of any waitlist movement lately?