University of Texas- Pharm C/O 2019 Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lewinski123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Time to start discussing and asking about the application process.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I read the thread for 2018, and I'm nervous. This school is so competitive.

I have a 3.64 GPA
And made an 82 on my PCAT...
I'm taking a research chem class next semester, pre-phaacy club president and we do community service, Ive been a tech for 11 months now... Don't know if that is considered competitive .
What do you think?

I think the GPA and PCAT will get you an interview invitation, but in the end being a strong applicant overall is what matters. I go to UofH. I'm excited for a change of campus, if possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you think I should work on? I'm gonna be doing as much volunteering as possible now until the interview. I am also working hard to get my GPA up. I don't know what to expect for their interview though. I havent found a link that gives a list of questions that I can practice. I know they are situational though.

I have an interview at Houston on the 21st!

I just got an email that my application is under review.

Got mine a while back... Did you submit recently?

I think so... The page for interviews mentions it. Have you found any links that will give insight on the actual interview? I wanna know what to expect

There's probably going to be a schedule for that day. I'm so nervous waiting....

I was wondering if anyone knew if science pre req classes can be taken the summer before matriculation for UT? I know some schools allow it but some do not. I couldn't find any information on the UT COP website about it. Thanks in advance!

Applicants must successfully complete ALL course prerequisites by the end of the: Summer 2015 term

Members don't see this ad :)
From previous threads, it's around Dec. 17

Reactions: 1 users
Not My Real Name, were you at the Nov 21st Houston interview?

I just got an email to interview next month!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Got an interview too!

Got my email for an interview!
Does anyone know if we'll be in the first rounds of interviews?
And are they trying out the MMI for the first time on us? Because I havent heard anything about it till the now.

Guys, I made a B in physics and a C in Calc II, and my gpa went from a 3.64 to a 3.57. I'm really worried. I'm retaking Calc II, but idk if I should update my pharmCAS graded now, or one week before the dead line so they won't know. I was taking Orgo II, Micro, Uni physics I, and Calc II last semester, plus working, plus president of pharmacy club responsibilities. (Keep in mind all classes had labs as well) Do you think they will take that into consideration? Or automatically kick me out? Got an 82 on my PCAT, chem and math were my highest scores. I'm so worried :( this is my top school.

Guys, I made a B in physics and a C in Calc II, and my gpa went from a 3.64 to a 3.57. I'm really worried. I'm retaking Calc II, but idk if I should update my pharmCAS graded now, or one week before the dead line so they won't know. I was taking Orgo II, Micro, Uni physics I, and Calc II last semester, plus working, plus president of pharmacy club responsibilities. (Keep in mind all classes had labs as well) Do you think they will take that into consideration? Or automatically kick me out? Got an 82 on my PCAT, chem and math were my highest scores. I'm so worried :( this is my top school.
First, take a deep breath and exhale. You had a small drop in your GPA. Retaking Cal 2 is the right choice. Updating your PharmCAS now or a week from the deadline will not prevent them from knowing. Besides, you shouldn’t consider hiding something from your top choice pharmacy school. You took 4 rigorous courses along with their labs, held down a job, and somehow found time to be a president of a pharmacy club, all of which I think is impressive. An 82 composite on the PCAT is good as well. You’re competitive.

First, take a deep breath and exhale. You had a small drop in your GPA. Retaking Cal 2 is the right choice. Updating your PharmCAS now or a week from the deadline will not prevent them from knowing. Besides, you shouldn’t consider hiding something from your top choice pharmacy school. You took 4 rigorous courses along with their labs, held down a job, and somehow found time to be a president of a pharmacy club, all of which I think is impressive. An 82 composite on the PCAT is good as well. You’re competitive.
Thanks, I think I was over reacting. I know now that I just need to try harder next time :)

Does anyone here worry about the over saturation of pharmacists? Or the fact that any current pharmacist will tell you to not do it? Idk why it doesn't bother me that much. Maybe i should be a little worried about it?
I just hate how many school are opening up.

YOU GIYS MY INTERVIEW IS SATURDAY AT ONE! Any MiMi interview tips? I'm so nervous

My nameis:
A) I DO worry about the # of new pharmacy schools opening & the fact that there will likely be too many pharmacists in just a few short years. However, I find this as incentive to attend the top pharmacy school, be the top student, and become a leader in the field. In a sea of pharmacists, you'll have to choose something to distinguish yourself.
B) How did your MMI go on Saturday? My MMI went great except for one station in which I totally blew. Epic fail at 1 of the 8 stations.

My nameis:
A) I DO worry about the # of new pharmacy schools opening & the fact that there will likely be too many pharmacists in just a few short years. However, I find this as incentive to attend the top pharmacy school, be the top student, and become a leader in the field. In a sea of pharmacists, you'll have to choose something to distinguish yourself.
B) How did your MMI go on Saturday? My MMI went great except for one station in which I totally blew. Epic fail at 1 of the 8 stations.
I hope I can get into the school that will distinguish me! God, I'm so nervous. Does anyone remember when the said we will hear back?
Also, I messed up a few times in a few stations, but i didn't blow the entire thing, I just wish I has added something to my answer, or repeated my self less.

I hope I can get into the school that will distinguish me! God, I'm so nervous. Does anyone remember when the said we will hear back?
Also, I messed up a few times in a few stations, but i didn't blow the entire thing, I just wish I has added something to my answer, or repeated my self less.
I think they said that the admissions committee would meet Feb. 11th and we would find out shortly after! And then they will meet again on the 22nd or so!

So they will start to call people this week who were reviewed on the Feb. 11th meeting? And other applicants that were not reviewed during the first meeting will be notified after the 22nd? Does anyone know how they determine which applicants are reviewed in the first meeting?Is it by interview date or how strong their application was?

Got my acceptance call around 8 am today! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm nervous now. :/ I
got this email on Tuesday, at 5:40 pm

"
To: Fall 2015 Applicant to the UT Austin PharmD Program

Your College of Pharmacy application is still in the review process. You will be contacted by e-mail as soon as a decision on your application has been made.

Thank you for your patience."

And I feel like the sentence "...contacted by email..." Is them saying I didn't get accepted, bc I would also have gotten a phone call.

What were your stats, if you don't mind me asking?

"

Your College of Pharmacy application is still in the review process. You will be contacted by e-mail as soon as a decision on your application has been made.

And I feel like the sentence "...contacted by email..." Is them saying I didn't get accepted, bc I would also have gotten a phone call.

Same I received the same email. But I think they have the another round of phone calls to make. When I called, the woman on the phone told me to wait by the end of Feb.

Same I received the same email. But I think they have the another round of phone calls to make. When I called, the woman on the phone told me to wait by the end of Feb.
I'm. So. NERVOUS. If I see an email from the school, but get no call, I'll know and I'll just be sad lol.

"

Undergraduate at UT Austin. B.S. Human Biology. GPA: 3.61. PCAT: 83. Pharmacy Tech for 2.5 years. Volunteered at hospital pharmacy for 2 years. Heavily involved in leadership/mentorship organizations. Recs from two UT pharmacists, a professor, and a fellow colleague.

Hi all,

I am a pharmacy student at Texas Tech and my family has an apartment unit located in West Campus that we are looking to rent out from August 2015 onward. Our posting is here: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2206-Nueces-St-APT-104-Austin-TX-78705/29391770_zpid/

It is a lovely studio unit located in the heart of West Campus, only 2 blocks away from UT Austin.
We have had pharmacy students as tenants in the past and would love to continue this tradition. We may even offer a discount for the first month's rent.
Feel free to email me at [email protected] for any further information and for a tenant pre-application.

Thanks and good luck with your pharmacy endeavors!

Got my phone call yesterday :) Now waiting to hear from one more school :nailbiting:

Can anyone give me a realistic cost of attendance to UT Austin COP? The information on the website isn't very helpful.

Guys, UT vs UH? Is UT that much better? I know rank wise it is, but I've heard UH gets really good clinically for their students BC the med center, and they make lots of connections that way. Does UT have that too? One student from the UH program even told me preceptors prefer UH COP students, but idk how true that is.

Anyone declining their offer from UT?

Nope. So far that's my school

Guys, UT vs UH? Is UT that much better? I know rank wise it is, but I've heard UH gets really good clinically for their students BC the med center, and they make lots of connections that way. Does UT have that too? One student from the UH program even told me preceptors prefer UH COP students, but idk how true that is.

A UH student said preceptors prefer UH. Definitely unbiased response right there lol.

Last edited:
Can anyone give me a realistic cost of attendance to UT Austin COP? The information on the website isn't very helpful.

School cost 9-10k per semester (in state, about 2.1X more if out of state).
No book costs. Get a good laptop with a long battery life, though.
Rents $900-1400+ per month. Get roommates, 2 BDR start @ $1000-1200 and up
Surface Parking Lot (not much can't even remember~150/semester), Garage $600 or more per semester
Cars optional if you live near the University. (Awful traffic, so there is a major advantage).
Another estimate, the Univ. Health Plan around 3K/yr.

Hope that helps.

I'm currently #9 on the waitlist. Do y'all think I'll have a chance of getting into UT CoP? Is it worth it to wait a whole summer for the list to possibly move up?