University of Toronto Pharmacy '2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone want to practice the Friday night before? >< I have a midterm that week and an essay due...so I guess interview is going to have to be last minute for me :(
If not good luck to everyone!! I hope we all make it

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys this is my first post here, I was wondering if U of T can see dropped courses that are dropped before the drop deadline?

And if so, how will they look at this? It's not a prereq course and I don't have a grade in it so will they still see it if I dropped it on time? Thanks

Hey guys this is my first post here, I was wondering if U of T can see dropped courses that are dropped before the drop deadline?

And if so, how will they look at this? It's not a prereq course and I don't have a grade in it so will they still see it if I dropped it on time? Thanks

Hm, by the drop deadline do you mean before failure by default? I have one where I dropped before that, and it still shows up on my transcript.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hm, by the drop deadline do you mean before failure by default? I have one where I dropped before that, and it still shows up on my transcript.
It's the deadline before withdrawal so it's like I never even took it. Don't worry U of T Admissions sent me an email saying it won't put me at a disadvantage because it won't show on my transcript.

Reactions: 1 user
Damn, I wonder how a dropped course will affect me then hahaha.

Damn, I wonder how a dropped course will affect me then hahaha.
Don't worry as long as you got out of it before the deadline where it would otherwise show a fail if you dropped after the deadline. Also mine wasn't a prereq.

Anyone else gunning for a business casual look? Or will I be alone in a sea of suits? :\

Anyone else gunning for a business casual look? Or will I be alone in a sea of suits? :\

Your username. I like it. But Ayase is best girl.

But to actually answer your question, I'm probably going to dress business casual. Frankly, I think it's a bit of a hassle to wear a full suit to something like this. :/

Hello all! Just discovered this forum and I feel less alone now. How is everyone going to prepare for their MMIs?

Who has time to prepare :(

It's the deadline before withdrawal so it's like I never even took it. Don't worry U of T Admissions sent me an email saying it won't put me at a disadvantage because it won't show on my transcript.

I had the same issue lol.....thanks for sharing this

Members don't see this ad :)
did you guys see the video that 1T7 made on U of T pharm homepage? I loled....

did you guys see the video that 1T7 made on U of T pharm homepage? I loled....

I don't even know what to think....lol...but now I want those hoodies LOL

Hey guys! I'm in section B on March 22nd. How are you guys preparing?

Hey guys! I'm in section B on March 22nd. How are you guys preparing?

apparently, there's not much we can do to prepare lol. You have to be able to think on your feet. Just remain confident. You can, however, practice questions on google with friends! goodluck

Hey Guys,

So we can see you! It's great to see that some of you have found the video, and for the rest who want to see and prep for the interview be sure to check this out! Hope this calms you guys down before your interview! Good luck to all of you, and we look forward to meeting the 1T8 class (and the video that will apparently be better than ours ;) ).

xoxo

This video is pretty hilarious :p. For those who have late interviews, you're gonna be able to see the glowing pods !!!!

In the documents that were posted on pharmsis, one of them outlined the MMI process and the types of questions we should expect. I didn't see any traditional style questions, so does that mean we won't be asked personal questions?

This video is pretty hilarious :p. For those who have late interviews, you're gonna be able to see the glowing pods !!!!

In the documents that were posted on pharmsis, one of them outlined the MMI process and the types of questions we should expect. I didn't see any traditional style questions, so does that mean we won't be asked personal questions?

You can be asked any sort of question, from traditional to not! The MMI outline was just to give you some ideas of what they could ask, but it doesn't mean anything else is off limits! My advice would be to prepare for even basic traditional type questions, and that way, in case one does pop up, you won't be caught off guard :).

Good luck :)

I can't believe the first set of interview are in 9/10 days :/ I'M NOT READYYYYYYY!!

I feel the exact same way Aranza. Not sure how I can talk for that long, ahaha.

Remember, MMI is designed to assess how you can think on your feet. ;)

Oh cool, so I'll never be ready lolll

I love how everyone disappeared as soon as the invites came out LOL

Reactions: 2 users
everybody is back to lurking :(.
lol been lurking here for a while. 1t5 here so probably won't be seeing any of you. but gl on mmis. don't worry too much about it. you're gonna hear a lot of just be yourself and everything will turn out great. that's complete bs. are you perfect?
anyway, been a long while since my own mmis, but this is what i remember. there was an algorithm on studentdoc (probably long gone by now) on how to approach the mmi. you have to identify all the issues the mmi question is trying to get at first. don't think of it as a debate of sort, you have to present both sides of the argument and pros and cons of each. finally, you say which solution you'd pick and why it's better than the other.
don't stress too much about using up all the allotted time, but at the same time you don't wanna be sitting there with nothing to say for a good 5 minutes. if you're thorough, you'll probably use the allotted time +/- 1 minute or so.

lastly, so the school doesn't skin me, i have no conflict of interest to declare. i am not serving as an interviewer or taking part in the mmis, my friends who are volunteering have not leaked any info regarding the mmis. been a long while since i did this so not gonna guarantee the validity of the info given here. gl people.

Reactions: 4 users
So... does anyone know how an official debate works?

It makes more sense that candidates switch positions for the collaboration (as one is instructing, the other is doing) but it seems redundant with a debate. If the topic changes every time, it doesn't matter if you go from say, pro- to anti-stances, you'll be debating in the same fashion twice essentially.

It makes more sense that candidates switch positions for the collaboration (as one is instructing, the other is doing) but it seems redundant with a debate. If the topic changes every time, it doesn't matter if you go from say, pro- to anti-stances, you'll be debating in the same fashion twice essentially.
Since there is a switch in debate stations, does that mean that a debate station will count as two stations?

Since there is a switch in debate stations, does that mean that a debate station will count as two stations?

Oh, is there definitely a switch? I was speculating that it wouldn't make sense to put a switch in.

Oh, is there definitely a switch? I was speculating that it wouldn't make sense to put a switch in.
It doesn't make sense to me as well. If your opponent's arguments are really good, peoplle will probably use the same arguments after the switch....

So... does anyone know how an official debate works?

From what I have heard of MMIs/personal experience, any collaborative station will be two stations. In terms of debate, there will be two different topics so that you aren't debating the same thing two stations in a row. If it is a task, you will get to do one part of the task in one station, and the other part of the task in next.

Hope this helps :).

From what I have heard of MMIs/personal experience, any collaborative station will be two stations. In terms of debate, there will be two different topics so that you aren't debating the same thing two stations in a row. If it is a task, you will get to do one part of the task in one station, and the other part of the task in next.

Thanks! That could either be a good or bad thing, depending on your debating skills (I'm terrible!) and the topic.

Wow. That means 4 stations down already. :p

Congrats to all of you guys who received an interview!
I'm currently a first year student in pharmacy and my advice for the interview would to just be confident in your answers during interview. In terms of prepping possibly find someone to run through some sample MMI questions and read up on some pharmacy ethics/ principles!

I'll be helping out on March 22, excited to meet you guys!
If you have any questions feel free to msg me.

Wow. That means 4 stations down already. :p

Well, there won't necessarily be a cooperative task and a debate, or either for that matter. They are just example stations that you could potentially come across.

Thanks! That could either be a good or bad thing, depending on your debating skills (I'm terrible!) and the topic.

I have absolutely no idea what they are looking for, but if I had to take a guess I would imagine they are not testing your debating skills. I think it's like any other MMI station: can you communicate your point effectively? are your arguments logical? do you have an understanding of the underlying issue (if relevant)? That's just my opinion though, could be completely wrong (so hopefully I don't steer you in the wrong direction).

Good Luck to all who received invites! 4 Days to go!!! I'm trying so hard to feel relaxed but I'm still nervous.
:)
to 1T7's:

Does anyone of you still remember the final PCAT cut offs from last year?

Good Luck to all who received invites! 4 Days to go!!! I'm trying so hard to feel relaxed but I'm still nervous.
to 1T7's:

Yep, they are posted on UofT's pharm webpage. I think they are similar to this year's, though some components changed.

Whoops, you were asking for final PCAT cutoffs. In that case I have no clue :p

to 1T7's:

Just went through my older emails, the cutoffs for PCAT were like this:

Writing

Composite percentile

Chemistry percentile

Biology percentile

Quantitative Ability percentile

Reading Comprehension percentile

Verbal Ability percentile

Just went through my older emails, the cutoffs for PCAT were like this:

Writing

Composite percentile

Chemistry percentile

Biology percentile

Quantitative Ability percentile

Reading Comprehension percentile

Verbal Ability percentile

Thank you!

In the PCAT cut offs posted on PharmSIS for 2014, they mentioned that the PCAT cut offs may increase again after the interviews. I was wondering if they had posted the final PCAT cut offs for the 2013 final admissions.