University of Toronto Pharmacy 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So tempted to quit my job at Wendy's now. Have enough money before school starts and worked there since October and I got cut down to two days (used to work 3 days). Should I quit and have these last 2 months free before school? hm.

Members don't see this ad.

I would quit and enjoy the rest of my summer. Have you decided if your going to pharmacy or medicine abroad?

Reactions: 1 user
I would quit and enjoy the rest of my summer. Have you decided if your going to pharmacy or medicine abroad?

Most likely going to stay in Toronto. Don't like being in debt and I feel like my undergrad in pharmacology can be put to use in pharm more so.

Members don't see this ad :)
Man I love Wendy's and they dont have that in Montreal.

Does anyone know which banks offer the most for student line of credit?

Does anyone know which banks offer the most for student line of credit?

I believe most banks give $80 000 maximum, including BMO, CIBC, TD, and RBC. Not sure about Scotia, but they do a lot of advertising with the school. I use National Bank since they offered me $120 000 for four years (with $50 000 max per year) at an interest rate of prime. I believe the maximum for pharmacy at National Bank is $140 000.

Scotia does 120k, National offers 120 up to 140. Scotia's rate is Prime + 0.5%, National Bank offers Prime + 0% (However this increases to Prime + 1% after you graduate)

Scotia does 120k, National offers 120 up to 140. Scotia's rate is Prime + 0.5%, National Bank offers Prime + 0% (However this increases to Prime + 1% after you graduate)

How about TD? Do you know?

How about TD? Do you know?
When I applied with TD for the loc for Ireland the rate was prime (2.85%).

Pretty sure that applies to pharm too.

I had an appointment with CIBC earlier in the week and they were offering $125K for a professional student line of credit in pharmacy with an interest of 3.85% (prime+ 1%). They give you an allowance of $50K per year to a maximum of $125K.

I have an appointment at Scotia this week so I'm interested to see what they offer. If it's $120K at an interest of prime + 0.5% as mentioned in this thread, that isn't bad at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had an appointment with CIBC earlier in the week and they were offering $125K for a professional student line of credit in pharmacy with an interest of 3.85% (prime+ 1%). They give you an allowance of $50K per year to a maximum of $125K.

I have an appointment at Scotia this week so I'm interested to see what they offer. If it's $120K at an interest of prime + 0.5% as mentioned in this thread, that isn't bad at all.
I personally met with a guy from Scotia last week, I can confirm that it is 120k (max 30k per year) at prime + 0.5%.

That seems to be the best deal going from what I've read.

if we decide to get a loan from the bank do we have to indicate this on our osap application? if so, under which section on the application?

if we decide to get a loan from the bank do we have to indicate this on our osap application? if so, under which section on the application?
I didn't have to, just income and stuff like that.

roughly how much osap is everyone getting?
i wonder about that as well. I just filled up the application a couple days ago and I can't figure out a way to find out how much OSAP gives us. And if we need to let them know if we're getting a loan from the bank.

I'm getting an estimate of about 13K which isn't too good since the tuition is 17K and there are other fees -__-

Hmmm that seems to be better then what i'm getting. I am getting about 9 k which is nowhere near close enough to pay for school. If we're including travel expenses and books i can see needing somewhere around 19k

Hmmm that seems to be better then what i'm getting. I am getting about 9 k which is nowhere near close enough to pay for school. If we're including travel expenses and books i can see needing somewhere around 19k
Get a student line of credit to cover any additional costs that OSAP doesn't cover. You would only pay interest on the amount you use. Think of it as an investment that you'll end up paying off after you graduate.

Anybody applying for OSAP who is not a student from U of T and do not have a U of T student number yet?
Do I just leave that section blank? or should I wait to they give me my student number and then apply?

Any advice would be appreciated!

When I applied with TD for the loc for Ireland the rate was prime (2.85%).

Pretty sure that applies to pharm too.
I just asked TD and they said it's 3.85% (Prime + 1%) for Pharmacy. :p

I just asked TD and they said it's 3.85% (Prime + 1%) for Pharmacy. :p
Yikes, that's pretty bad. I'm guessing it's because it's 200K vs. 80K so they get you with the interest haha.

Hello, I applied to U of T's pharmacy and did not get in with these stats:

GPA: 3.67 (86% average)

PCAT Composite: 91
Verbal: 78
Biology: 95
Reading: 36
Quantitative: 72
Chemistry: 99
Writing: 3.0

Interview: I thought I did good?

I am planning to apply again this year and I need some input as to what to do to improve my application. Should I retake the PCAT?

Your stats look very good. It's probably the interview.

I am planning to apply again this year and I need some input as to what to do to improve my application. Should I retake the PCAT?

I agree with REDHAWK2, your stats are great for pharm... it's very likely something went wrong with interview!? Did you practise before your interview?

either reading is below cut off (not likely) or you missed the entire point of the MMI

I believe U of T said that they may have raised the cutoffs for some PCAT sections? It's pretty hard to say for the interview-how we think we did may not be the same as what the interviewers thought. If you felt confident with your answers, then it may be the reading score.​

I believe U of T said that they may have raised the cutoffs for some PCAT sections? It's pretty hard to say for the interview-how we think we did may not be the same as what the interviewers thought. If you felt confident with your answers, then it may be the reading score.​

imo, you only had couple of minutes to think about the question/situation so if you feel you did really good for every station, you must be missing the point on some/alot. there's always gonna be things that come up in your head later that make you feel not so great. I know people get in with a section score in the 30's but I dunno if it's reading (not sure if this is one of the more important ones).

Hello Josia,

I am accepted this year with a very similar stat as you (my RC is 29 ^_^!). With only 1 year of full courses.
I think it is mostly the interview. I was not accepted last year because I didn't pay much attention to the interview. But apparently, It made the biggest difference.
I have known many people with mark as high as 90% but still got declined by Leslie Dan and people who has low mark as 3.1 but do well in the interview and still got accepted.
Therefore, always try to overly prepare for the interview, it pay off once you are there :).
Some of these tips i found helped me got accepted this year:
-- each question always look for certain quality in you, answer in a way to show the interviewer you possess those.
-- practice answering ethical questions, interviewing questions
-- try to prepare about 150% for the interview, because when you go in there, you will only perform around 70,80%
-- for each questions, try to come up with as many possible answer as you can. This will show them you are good at critical thinking and prove that you are good at thinking on your feet. Which is important for pharmacist I think.
-- There are many other things that may also help you a lot in the interview process... like mastering ways of answering each type of question, offering your insights, practising interpersonal skill (especially for teamwork session - I found that most people focus on answering the puzzle and neglect basic team interaction like greeting, planning together and stuffs...)

I was looking at the courses for September and we are going to have a busy semester! The way they divided the courses is 8 courses for the first semester and 6 courses for the second. Too bad they didn't distribute them evenly over the 2 semester. Oh well, thats what we signed up for :)

Can anyone let us know whether we will have any course work during the winter break? Hopefully those 2 weeks will be free :)

Can anyone let us know whether we will have any course work during the winter break? Hopefully those 2 weeks will be free :)
It doesn't seem like we will have any full year courses so I imagine you are free to enjoy the 2 weeks of freedom!

I was looking at the courses for September and we are going to have a busy semester! The way they divided the courses is 8 courses for the first semester and 6 courses for the second. Too bad they didn't distribute them evenly over the 2 semester. Oh well, thats what we signed up for :)
I actually think that the first semester looks a lot better than the second, we have more courses sure but we also have more time between classes to study the material so it's not so bad I guess.

I actually think that the first semester looks a lot better than the second, we have more courses sure but we also have more time between classes to study the material so it's not so bad I guess.
Hopefully thats the case, but we won't know for sure until the schedules are out in late July.

I've heard from older pharm students that first semester has more courses while second semester has fewer but heavier courses.

Anyone know if we're getting a paper admission letter in the mail like waterloo?

I've heard from older pharm students that first semester has more courses while second semester has fewer but heavier courses.

Anyone know if we're getting a paper admission letter in the mail like waterloo?
Nope, just online I'm afraid.

Does anyone know if there is any way to obtain a UofT email and login credentials without getting the student card or am I going to have to drive up to Toronto to get the card before any of that can happen?

Does anyone know if there is any way to obtain a UofT email and login credentials without getting the student card or am I going to have to drive up to Toronto to get the card before any of that can happen?

Unfortunately you have to get your Tcard first.

This is unreal..... I just got off the upperhalf wait list. Literally one of my happiest days in my life. I will share my stats.

GPA: ~80%

PCAT:
Bio: 20
RC: ~40
Verbal: 70
Quant: 85
Chm: 99
Writing: 3
Comp: 82

Interview:
Did well in 7-8 Stations

2nd year student studying life science in U of T.

I am still literally shaking from this shocking news, all my hard word finally pays off... I want to encourage people applying in the future to be confident of yourself as long as you meet the minimum requirement, I got in to the program with a PCAT Bio of 20, yes 20 the bare minimum, so at least for this year they didn't raise the minimum PCAT score for Bio after the interviews. You cannot believe how many times I doubted myself during the process for having poor PCAT scores in Bio, RC and writing and now I feel like I am in cloud 9, this is absolutely unbelievable.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey! Also got in, upper halfwaited! So yeah, here's my breakdown.

GPA 78,. Had a full year c plus, half year c plus from second term first year chem, and a d plus in first year calc.

composite pcat 82 (chem really good like 99, everything else 80s, math 30 lol).

Interview was like 7 or 8 out of ten.

U guys need to worry less, I'm ecstatic but dont stress like I did. You will get it even if you aren't 100 percent like the other kids here! I sure wasn't.

Last edited:
Can anyone give me the official link of 1T9 facebook group? Can't wait to join!

Btw, can anyone explain to me what is EPE, it mentioned that we have to work for 4 weeks during the summer holiday, as I am an out of province student, does that mean I can't go back home during the summer?

Btw, can anyone explain to me what is EPE, it mentioned that we have to work for 4 weeks during the summer holiday, as I am an out of province student, does that mean I can't go back home during the summer?

You can do it anywhere in Canada, I'm pretty sure. If you do it outside Ontario, you'll also have to get an ok from that province's pharmacy regulatory body as well, so it's extra work.

Do we get assigned one or do we have to find our own?

You have to find your own, and it's best to start looking as soon as possible (ie. start of second semester).