Program-Specific Info / Q's University of Utah 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leemer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else applying to University of Utah or attending the interview on Feb 9th? I'm arriving in Salt Lake a day early and would love to meet up and try to calm our nerves together!

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be there on interview day. I live in a suburb of salt lake and I'm working the day before but could possibly meet up. I actually interviewed last year (had a migraine and did horrible during the interview), but could tell you how the day flows.

I'll be there on interview day. I live in a suburb of salt lake and I'm working the day before but could possibly meet up. I actually interviewed last year (had a migraine and did horrible during the interview), but could tell you how the day flows.
Thanks for responding! I was beginning to think I was the only one on here...

That's awful, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience last year, I hope this year is better for you! Anything you could tell me about the flow of the day would be very helpful. Just knowing what to expect will go a long way to help my nerves.

I would love to meet up, but if you're busy and it adds stress to your day to try and make it work then no worries!

Members don't see this ad :)
It's actual not to bad of a flow. When you first arrive you'll spent time in the lobby with other candidates and a couple of current students (available to answer any questions you may have).

Once it's officially time to start we will all go into a room when Kelly will give an overview of the program and answer any other questions.

We are then split into sections for individual interviews. The interviewers have not seen your application at all. The order varies, but you have two interviews with general questions than one with a clinical session (given a scenario to figure out what to do in the situation) .

After that you are taken to complete a writing prompt. I'm not sure if it's the same everywhere but last year we handwrote then.

One that is done you are taken on a tour of the facility then you can leave.
They had a bunch of snacks or last year but most of us were so nervous we didn't eat them until the end (that and the fear of having something on our teeth).

I'll let you know about meeting up the week of (as it's easier to gauge my schedule then).

Thanks so much! That's very helpful. Did you get your interview time today? I am in the 830am slot.

Mine isn't until 12:45. Your lucky because if you are renting a car parking shouldn't be an issue.

Is anyone else applying to University of Utah or attending the interview on Feb 9th? I'm arriving in Salt Lake a day early and would love to meet up and try to calm our nerves together!

I'm in Salt Lake near the U and am free much of the day before, but not the evening. I'm dreading the OT interview more than any job interview I've ever had.

What time is your interview? I'm not looking forward to pacing all morning waiting for mine.

Sorry I never replied back to your question. I was going to say I just call them by their first name because it is usually how they introduce themselves.

How did you guys feel about the interview? I feel like the interview was much better for me this year and the scenario question was also easier compared to last years.

I send emails not mail. You’re still fresh in their mind the next day when the email comes. Letters take too long and are too formal, in my opinion.
I think I might need to plan for another school after those interviews/extended self-pitches. I'm writing my thank-you notes now but I'm at a loss to as to what to put in them. It could have all been done on video and mailed in. Then again, probably the only thing worse than having to blather about myself for so long would be to spend all day listening to prospective students monologue.

Anyone hear back yet? I also had my interview last month. I am anxiously awaiting since it is now Mid March haha

Leemer posted a U acceptance last week on the 2018 acceptance thread. I haven't heard anything yet either. Spring break is next week so I'd expect something really soon. I wish the all these schools had similar notification dates so candidates wouldn't have to reserve ($) a spot at one school while waiting for news from another.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard back either. As izkittymon said, spring break essentially begins tomorrow. So I am hoping that they will send out e-mails by the end of the work day today so that we can know before break.

I also have not heard back. If it helps last year I was emailed March 13th about 5:30pm. It was the first day of spring break. My friend who was waitlisted (and ended up accepting another school who's program began in May) received an email the following day.

So who knows.

I am hoping we get them today or even Monday with Spring Break, I am still waiting too.. Good luck everyone!

I also have not heard back. If it helps last year I was emailed March 13th about 5:30pm. It was the first day of spring break. My friend who was waitlisted (and ended up accepting another school who's program began in May) received an email the following day.

So who knows.
Thanks for this information! Now that it's the first day of spring break, I am anxiously hoping that we'll get notifications by tonight. :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I just found this forum and have been anxiously waiting to hear back from UU- has anyone heard back yet? I feel like I'm going crazy with all this waiting!!

Last edited:
Nope. I'm taking steps to initiate an ice cream and Netflix-based anxiety reduction treament plan.

Reactions: 2 users
Still waiting too! I am anxious and nervous. At this point I refresh my email an unhealthy amount of times during the day. Haha!

Reactions: 1 users
Still waiting too! I am anxious and nervous. At this point I refresh my email an unhealthy amount of times during the day. Haha!
Glad I'm not the only one feeling that way!! I practically jump every time I get a junk email...
I talked to someone at the interview who said they received their email March 21 so I've been hoping that that will be the latest date they'd send emails out..but sounds like they are on spring break so maybe the faculty won't be sending anything out this week still? Who knows.
Is University of Utah everyone's first choice or are you leaning towards other programs?

Glad I'm not the only one feeling that way!! I practically jump every time I get a junk email...
I talked to someone at the interview who said they received their email March 21 so I've been hoping that that will be the latest date they'd send emails out..but sounds like they are on spring break so maybe the faculty won't be sending anything out this week still? Who knows.
Is University of Utah everyone's first choice or are you leaning towards other programs?

I hope so too, each day is getting closer and closer it feels. For me it is my top choice, but not my only. I was accepted into Midwestern in AZ and denied from Touro in Las Vegas. U of U is my first but if I do not get in then Midwestern is where I am going. How about everyone else?

U of U is my first choice at this point as well! I just had an interview at University of St Augustine Austin this last week, so I'm still waiting to hear back from them, but if I get into U of U I will definitely be going there.

Any news? (Paces back and forth, back and forth, muttering to self)

None for me yet either, I am hoping we hear back during spring break and not have to go another weekend until they are back :(
I have a feeling that at this point we won’t hear back until Monday when break is over :( but hopefully I’m wrong!

I dunno. Students get to enjoy spring break, but U employees generally have to burn through vaction pay to take time off. My bet is late tomorrow afternoon.

At this point, I'm hoping we hear back in March and not April. :rofl:
If not for you guys I would think I’d been totally forgotten about! Kinda crazy how late in the month it has gotten.

If not for you guys I would think I’d been totally forgotten about! Kinda crazy how late in the month it has gotten.
I know, me too! I keep thinking maybe I didn't submit something correct or maybe I slipped through the cracks. Haha. But then I realize none of us have so I am not as worried, just really anxious every day!

Let us know when anyone hears back!

I still question even though I know none of you have heard anything. I'm trying to keep busy so I don't think about it, but it only does so much.

I still question even though I know none of you have heard anything. I'm trying to keep busy so I don't think about it, but it only does so much.
I feel you. I’ve debated calling but I don’t want to be pushy and keep telling myself I’ll hear any minute now.. but seriously COME ON.

I feel you. I’ve debated calling but I don’t want to be pushy and keep telling myself I’ll hear any minute now.. but seriously COME ON.
I know I want to call too, but I won't. I had sent am email around March 13th just confirming if when it's time we would hear back by email or if we had to log in to a portal or something. Kelly replied saying they will email and that there have been already some denials and acceptances and they are working to notify everyone.

Which is now end of March so I also feel it can be any second, I am trying to distract myself as well!

I know I want to call too, but I won't. I had sent am email around March 13th just confirming if when it's time we would hear back by email or if we had to log in to a portal or something. Kelly replied saying they will email and that there have been already some denials and acceptances and they are working to notify everyone.

Which is now end of March so I also feel it can be any second, I am trying to distract myself as well!
That’s good to know! I was guessing they had already sent out a first round of acceptances. Ahhhh.

Stumbled upon this forum and I am glad to know that I am not alone! I have not heard anything as well and dying of anxiety. I have been keeping my mind occupied by doing random projects, let's just say I have been getting a lot done lately haha!

Stumbled upon this forum and I am glad to know that I am not alone! I have not heard anything as well and dying of anxiety. I have been keeping my mind occupied by doing random projects, let's just say I have been getting a lot done lately haha!
Hello! You are not alone, we are all worried/anxious!

While we are all distracting ourselves, where is everyone from? Are you from Utah?

That's so scary that they have already sent out some e-mails, but it's nice that we have not been denied either. Leemer said a few weeks ago that they were accepted!

That's so scary that they have already sent out some e-mails, but it's nice that we have not been denied either. Leemer said a few weeks ago that they were accepted!
So I talked to someone who goes there now and she said that she got in off the waitlist and didn’t find out until May 15. Also said she never got notice that she was on the waitlist, but you can call to find out what your status is. Thinking I might call tomorrow just to stop torturing myself with the waiting..

So I talked to someone who goes there now and she said that she got in off the waitlist and didn’t find out until May 15. Also said she never got notice that she was on the waitlist, but you can call to find out what your status is. Thinking I might call tomorrow just to stop torturing myself with the waiting..
Oh wow! So she didn't hear anything at all before that? If you call tomorrow, could you please let us know what you hear?

Yeah! Let us know what they say if you do call, that is weird that she wasn't notified at all before May

That moment when you check your phone and see you have 3 new emails...but none are from the U...

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone call in and check their status? I'm afraid to look pushy but this is getting to be April soon!

I work during the day Tuesday through Saturday, but I'm tempted to call Monday if I don't hear anything.

I wonder how much time those who were already sent acceptances given to respond. I'm thinking it's three weeks so perhaps something will be more final than.

Anyone call in and check their status? I'm afraid to look pushy but this is getting to be April soon!
I called and left a message yesterday- haven’t heard anything back yet and semi regretting calling but this is so ridiculous and frustrating! I’m guessing nobody else has heard anything yet?