Program-Specific Info / Q's University of Utah 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
NOTHING!!! (Angry face)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I called and left a message yesterday- haven’t heard anything back yet and semi regretting calling but this is so ridiculous and frustrating! I’m guessing nobody else has heard anything yet?
I also tried contacting them, but I haven't heard anything back either. Although, I have been thinking about it so much that I had a dream we would hear back Monday or Tuesday haha! Really hoping we hear today though since it's the last work day of March!

I also tried contacting them, but I haven't heard anything back either. Although, I have been thinking about it so much that I had a dream we would hear back Monday or Tuesday haha! Really hoping we hear today though since it's the last work day of March!
I am hoping too! I have a dream every night that I wake up to an email. I am hoping it will be by Monday because at this rate I am almost positive they waited for the first round of acceptances to take the seat or not. If anyone hears back please update us :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an acceptance e-mail!

Reactions: 1 users
I received my email too, however, I did not get in! Congrats OTPhoenix! I will be attending Midwestern in Glendale :)

I received my email too, however, I did not get in! Congrats OTPhoenix! I will be attending Midwestern in Glendale :)

Aw man, I'm sorry to hear that. However, I am so excited that you will be able to continue your OT journey at Midwestern in Glendale! :) Thank you for your congratulations. Keep in touch, and good luck!

Congratulations!

I did not get in either. Unfortunately for me I didn't get into any of the schools I applied too.

I really want this so I'm hoping for next year. I don't think it helps that I'm older and messed up the first couple years of college and screwed over my overall GPA.

Congratulations!

I did not get in either. Unfortunately for me I didn't get into any of the schools I applied too.

I really want this so I'm hoping for next year. I don't think it helps that I'm older and messed up the first couple years of college and screwed over my overall GPA.
Thank you! I'm sorry to hear that you were not able to get into a program this cycle. :( I am sure your drive will get you it next year! I remember seeing a lot of nontraditional applicants in my interviews at different programs -- so I certainly don't think that should be something that puts you at a disadvantage especially if you play on the multiple experiences you've had as well as what you can offer opposed to a traditional student. :)

Have you considered/applied to programs that only look at the last 60 credit hours of your undergraduate career? Or maybe retaking some critical classes?

Congrats! Will you be accepting? Ahhh I still haven't heard anything, but this is making me hopeful it'll be Monday!
And sorry to those who didn't get in :( You've all been a great support!

Last edited:
Whoohoo! Congratulations! :) Will you for sure be attending? I'm not sure if I am going to accept yet!
Thanks :) I will be accepting for sure. What other schools are you deciding between?

Thanks :) I will be accepting for sure. What other schools are you deciding between?
I was deciding between the University of Utah, Eastern Washington University, and Colorado State University. I ended up accepting the University of Utah! I am excited to be classmates!

Members don't see this ad :)
Would you guys mind sharing your stats? I am applying to OT school next cycle and The University of Utah is my top choice! It would be really helpful to know how many contact hours, GPA and major, and GRE. Thanks!!

I was deciding between the University of Utah, Eastern Washington University, and Colorado State University. I ended up accepting the University of Utah! I am excited to be classmates!

hey! I was just reading your threads and was wondering if you by chance remember how the interview went at the U. I have mine coming up in two weeks and was just hung up on this "ethical scenario" question. can you provide an example of what that would entail?

What question did you get? Did you have one about a patient having bruises and what steps you should take from there?

I have my interview coming up in two days, have you recently interviewed there?

No, I am just a re-applicant. My interview is tomorrow too.

I have not received anything, they typically send emails. Have you received anything?

I have not received anything, they typically send emails. Have you received anything?
No I haven't. I thought maybe they would send their denials through mail? Idk, my brain is going crazy with all the suspense.

No I haven't. I thought maybe they would send their denials through mail? Idk, my brain is going crazy with all the suspense.
I understand completely. I can tell you regardless of the news you get it will all come via email.

Any tips on someone coming for an interview coming up?
Questions they ask/what to expect over the whole interview process?