University of Washington Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from UW yet?
No, but I applied mid-August :/ hopefully, someone who applied earlier could let you know. This thread is really quiet compared to previous years! But looking at last year's thread, it looks like interviews don't go out until September!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
No, but I applied mid-August :/ hopefully, someone who applied earlier could let you know. This thread is really quiet compared to previous years! But looking at last year's thread, it looks like interviews don't go out until September!

Same, did you get an email for supplemental fee?

Just received an interview invite today! Kira talent only, also they are requesting the $100 fee with the interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Just received an interview invite today! Kira talent only, also they are requesting the $100 fee with the interview.
Congrats! Are you IS?

And just wanted to clarify, Kira is their only method of interview this year?

I also received an interview invite today! I hope you all hear from them soon! I am in-state @SGT Tooth ! And yes, Kira assessment will be the only method of interview this year :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone completed their Kira assessment yet? I received an invitation as well, hoping to complete it in the coming days. If anyone has done it could you let me know how it went and what kinds of questions they asked?

Has anyone completed their Kira assessment yet? I received an invitation as well, hoping to complete it in the coming days. If anyone has done it could you let me know how it went and what kinds of questions they asked?
I have not received a follow up email with instructions about the Kira assessment yet, so I am still waiting on that. I hope someone answers your question soon. Good luck with your interview! You got this!

I have not received a follow up email with instructions about the Kira assessment yet, so I am still waiting on that. I hope someone answers your question soon. Good luck with your interview! You got this!
Thank you!

The practice questions seem pretty simple on Kira. One was "Did you have any pets growing up? Tell us about them. If not, what kind of pet did you wish you could of had and why?"

The practice questions seem pretty simple on Kira. One was "Did you have any pets growing up? Tell us about them. If not, what kind of pet did you wish you could of had and why?"
Are you doing it soon 😅

Did anyone end up doing their interviews and would be willing to share how it went? 😅

Did anyone end up doing their interviews and would be willing to share how it went? 😅
I did mine and it went really well. The questions were straight forward and I felt I had enough time to answer each of them.

Glad to hear that, great job!! What kinds of questions were they? Situational?
Just did mine, it was more situational for me. They do give a decent amount of time to prepare which was nice too.

Just did mine, it was more situational for me. They do give a decent amount of time to prepare which was nice too.
Glad to hear that, great job!! What kinds of questions were they? Situational?
Mine also had a lot more situational questions. You have 2 minutes to think about what you're going to say and then 3 minutes to answer when recording. Overall, it seems like they are just trying to get to know you and your personality!

At the end of the interview the video they played said they'll let us know as soon as they've come to a decision right? Not sure if I understood that correctly, and then they'll send offers on/after December 1st? Did anybody else get confused or understand what Dr. Coldwell said? 😅

At the end of the interview the video they played said they'll let us know as soon as they've come to a decision right? Not sure if I understood that correctly, and then they'll send offers on/after December 1st? Did anybody else get confused or understand what Dr. Coldwell said? 😅
I took it as they will let us know soonest by December 1st, but it could be until mid-April possibly. Waiting is going to be tough now...

Submitted my application on 09/12 and got the application confirmation email today 09/21 at 2:57 PM and then the interview invite email at 3:03 PM. This is certainly a surprise since I was not expecting any interview invites until at least late October. Also it great to know that UW is finally using electronic payments since some alums said it was only mail-in check in the past. Stats if you are curious:
3.5 cGPA; 3.5 sGPA; 23 AA; 23 TS; 23 PAT and I am a non-WICHE out of state resident.

Submitted my application on 09/12 and got the application confirmation email today 09/21 at 2:57 PM and then the interview invite email at 3:03 PM. This is certainly a surprise since I was not expecting any interview invites until at least late October. Also it great to know that UW is finally using electronic payments since some alums said it was only mail-in check in the past. Stats if you are curious:
3.5 cGPA; 3.5 sGPA; 23 AA; 23 TS; 23 PAT and I am a non-WICHE out of state resident.
Yay! Congratulations! Best of luck on the interview :)

Interview #6
School: UW
Notification date: 9/26/22
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/6
Application complete date: Mid July
GPA (science, overall): 3.15, 3.29
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24, 24, 23, 22, No
Method of interview: Kira

Reactions: 1 users
anyone know how many questions the kira assesment is? also how many people who get an interview get accepted?

Just did my assessment/interview. Nothing too stressful. As for preparation, the only prep I would do is keeping composed and making sure there are no interruptions. Not sure if I can disclose the specific questions. If anyone in this thread is still waiting for an interview invite and doesn’t know what Kira is you are essentially just taking a video of yourself answering questions similar to a CASPer exam.

Same! I got an interview invite about an hour ago!

Hi everyone, wondering when you all got the link/email for the Kira assessment? was it at the same time you received the interview invitation email?
I got the interview invite last Friday, and paid the fee on Sunday, but I don't have any links to actually access the Kira interview.
TYIA!

Hi everyone, wondering when you all got the link/email for the Kira assessment? was it at the same time you received the interview invitation email?
I got the interview invite last Friday, and paid the fee on Sunday, but I don't have any links to actually access the Kira interview.
TYIA!

Weird got mine yesterday and I paid sunday

TYIA!
I am in the same boat, Did you send them the email too? I resend that twice and haven’t received anything

I am in the same boat, Did you send them the email too? I resend that twice and haven’t received anything
I sent them the first email they said to send about the payment confirmation. But I haven't sent them another email asking about the Kira link yet, will probably do that today. I'll let you know if I hear back!

I sent them the first email they said to send about the payment confirmation. But I haven't sent them another email asking about the Kira link yet, will probably do that today. I'll let you know if I hear back!
i just heard back with a zoom seminar to help understand the interview and a assessment email hours later.