University of Washington Entering Class of Fall 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pokemonpcat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I was wondering if anyone has heard back from UW for interviews yet. I submitted my PharmCAS application and supplements in November 2014 for regular decision. Every school has responded to me, but I have not heard anything from UW. Since their interviews don't start until the end of January, do we typically receive invitations at the beginning of January?

I look forward to hearing from everyone. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey there. I actually have an upcoming interview. I was wondering if you interview was one-on-one or in a group with other applicants. Tips would be appreciated :)

Hey there. I actually have an upcoming interview. I was wondering if you interview was one-on-one or in a group with other applicants. Tips would be appreciated :)
Phyun, do you have an upcoming interview at UW and are asking for tips about it? If so, I can't help you since I'm still waiting for an invitation from them. My original question was "has anyone heard back from UW for an interview invitation?"

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview invite for Jan 20th, hope you hear back soon!

I still haven't heard back from them and I applied 1 day before the deadline (Nov 30th). All I've received are emails for virtual chat sessions ("We would like to invite you to our UW School of Pharmacy Admissions All Day Virtual Chat Session which is happening in January on Thursday, January 15th 9am - 4pm (Pacific Time)." Has anyone else got these? Are they some sort of pre-interview sessions used to weed people out or get to know you better? Would they increase my chance of getting in if I went to them? Advice please, thanks!

I still haven't heard back from them and I applied 1 day before the deadline (Nov 30th). All I've received are emails for virtual chat sessions ("We would like to invite you to our UW School of Pharmacy Admissions All Day Virtual Chat Session which is happening in January on Thursday, January 15th 9am - 4pm (Pacific Time)." Has anyone else got these? Are they some sort of pre-interview sessions used to weed people out or get to know you better? Would they increase my chance of getting in if I went to them? Advice please, thanks!

I applied one day before the deadline too, and have been receiving those virtual tour emails also. Attending them won't increase your chances of getting in, but you may obtain valuable information from them that can give you an edge during the interview if you do get invited. They're just resources for general prospective students and for you to get an opportunity to be familiar with the program. Yesterday though, I got the actual interview invitation and was scheduled for 2/9 ^_^

Congrats guys!

I'm a current first year student at the program. Let me know if you guys have any questions!

Still waiting too! I emailed and they said they are still reviewing lots of applications, but it would be nice to know eaiter way. UW is a top choice because I live here and the facility is great, but have had some very nice schools wanting interviews too.

Has anyone heard back after their interview yet? I interviewed 1/23 and they said they'll let you know by Wednesday, but still no sign....

UW was the last school on my list to send out acceptances. I don't think I heard back from them until mid February.

Reactions: 1 user
UW was the last school on my list to send out acceptances. I don't think I heard back from them until mid February.

Should I e-mail UW? Because UW is my first choice, it would be nice if I didn't have to go to my other interviews :p

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who already received interview invitations, how long after the "Pre-req status" email do you receive interview invites?

I applied one day before the deadline too, and have been receiving those virtual tour emails also. Attending them won't increase your chances of getting in, but you may obtain valuable information from them that can give you an edge during the interview if you do get invited. They're just resources for general prospective students and for you to get an opportunity to be familiar with the program. Yesterday though, I got the actual interview invitation and was scheduled for 2/9 ^_^
How was the interview process?

How was the interview process?
The interview day was very short and straightforward. You're not spending the whole day there waiting to do something since there's no essay portion. When I went on Monday, there was only 2 of us in the afternoon session. We were greeted by the dean, admissions chair, and 2 P2s, and other faculty that came in and out since the conference room is located next to the offices. Before my interview, we were given a brief tour of the health building(s)/wings... that I already forgot, to tell you the truth, lol.

The interview itself was 30-45mins conducted by 3 faculty members. Open-file, which I think is an advantage. They already studied your PS's, letters, PharmCAS stuff, so the interview is a way to see if you are fit for the school and vice versa. It's a way to impress and be honest with them beyond what has been written. Just be yourself and demonstrate why your passion is in pharmacy. :)

My only thing that I wish they went over more with us in depth is the curriculum, tuition, class statistics. Of course you can always ask or find the resources yourself, but it would have been nice for a comprehensive presentation beforehand. All in all, it was a good day. I received my acceptance on Wednesday. ^_^

Anybody know how to go about look for housing? It'd be nice to find roommates in the same class.

Anybody know how to go about look for housing? It'd be nice to find roommates in the same class.
Did you get in too? I need to find housing too!

Me three. I searched and only saw a page for the latest 2018 class. I wish there was a facebook group for us so that we can ask more questions about the school, especially what areas to live in and what apartments are recommended. :( I'm looking up places online and there are just too many!!

Me three. I searched and only saw a page for the latest 2018 class. I wish there was a facebook group for us so that we can ask more questions about the school, especially what areas to live in and what apartments are recommended. :( I'm looking up places online and there are just too many!!
Add me on Facebook (Ephraim Lu) haha! I don't know anyone else who got accepted and it would be nice to start meeting people who did.

I interviewed today, actually! We were told that we'd hear back by Wednesday! Fingers crossed.

Hey. So I just got my acceptance packet, and it says that they need all of my transcripts...do I really have to go back and have them all resent to the school directly? What was the point of even having them sent to PharmCAS...

Hey. So I just got my acceptance packet, and it says that they need all of my transcripts...do I really have to go back and have them all resent to the school directly? What was the point of even having them sent to PharmCAS...
PharmCas just verifies and calculates GPA. Remember official transcripts must be sealed and the schools what that.

Congrats!

One of you guys take the initiative and make an FB page. You'll get a lot of advice and offers for housing (aka me, I need roommates). -P2 c/o 2017

I just got accepted to UW as an out of state applicant. I am still deciding between UW and my in-state university. Does anybody have any idea about the differences in financial aid students receive as out of state vs in state students? I know UW tuition is 50k and 27k respectively but i mean moreso the aid provided by the states themselves in the form of grants/loans.

One of you guys take the initiative and make an FB page. You'll get a lot of advice and offers for housing (aka me, I need roommates). -P2 c/o 2017

dont we need to have the uw email address first?

I think we can use our own current FBs to make a page

I heard after one year, you can just apply for in state residency and that will qualify you for tuition. Not really sure regarding the specifics about it, but a friend of mine a P1 is trying to obtain in state resident status.

When do you guys plan on moving? And are you thinking of campus housing or off-campus?

Ephraim and I were thinking about splitting a 6 or 4 bedroom house around 400-700 for rent a month and somewhere along a bus line or close to school.

Last edited:
Curious, are you guys planning on bringing cars?

i probably wont. i heard seattle traffic is hell. and downtown is literally a 10 minute bus ride away. if the apartment is close to campus and i can find nearby grocery stores i most likely wont

Anybody else having trouble accessing their UW email? I'm trying to get it done so I can access the facebook group.