University of Waterloo c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ha, I have an exam tomorrow, and i'm more worried about waterloo than that.

were you the one with the gee-tar?

nope, I had my interview on Sunday and didn't see anyone with one. =(

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many applicants had their interview on Sunday?

I thought the only students being interviewed for 2012 were the 21 students interviewed on Saturday, at least that's what Julia told me

this is interesting...

5 more sleepless nights

Btw I called Ken today and he is out of the office till Monday! I think we wont hear back from them till Wednesday at 4:30 pm, blahahhhh :bang:

For the reading and writing test, is it basically like what you would see on the PCAT. Like, what do they test on reading? For the writing do you get to write a summary and/or essay? Is the essay problem solving like the PCAT? What topics do they cover (health-related, science-related, sociietal, etc)?

Sorry for asking many questions, but thanks for your help. I hope you guys can answer these questions.

Do you guys know whether the admissions staff will post on our Quest account whether they have recieved reference letters sent by fax?

I JUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM JULIE..I GOTTTT INNNN!! OMG OMG OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS, I HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS HAPPY IN MY LIFE..EVER :soexcited:

hey guys i just received an admissions offer! ill be seeing some of you in 2012 :)

I JUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM JULIE..I GOTTTT INNNN!! OMG OMG OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS, I HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS HAPPY IN MY LIFE..EVER :soexcited:

Congrats. What do you think was the difference b/w getting in this time, and not last time.

(i was rejected, first time applying).

Congrats. What do you think was the difference b/w getting in this time, and not last time.

(i was rejected, first time applying).

I was much more prepared for the interview, and way more relaxed :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,
I am looking for a roommate, I do not have a place yet, so we would have to look together - near the School of Pharmacy.
If you are a clean, quiet and friendly female looking for a roommate please let me know.
Can’t wait to meet you all

How did u guys accept the offer? I m trying to follow her steps but I dont even see the undergrad applicant link anywhere...Plz help :)

Hey just got my offer for 2012 pharm! Look forward to meeting the rest of u.
If anyone else is looking for roommates or housing let me know we can go househunting together!

CANT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING CONGRATS TO EVERYONE!

secretseven,

Log in to your Quest account and click on Pharmacy Honours Program and there should be a button that says "accept/decline".

Pick the right choice. >:]

Grats again to all those who made it!

@huxald: I guess it's all about confidence all in all. Your passion and achievements speak for themselves and everything will flow naturally. It's my first application as well and I honestly just lucked out.

Apply to UoT perhaps?

@huxald: I guess it's all about confidence all in all. Your passion and achievements speak for themselves and everything will flow naturally. It's my first application as well and I honestly just lucked out.

Apply to UoT perhaps?

Lol, I thought I had. I wasn't really nervous, but maybe my answers were not that good or organized. Possibly my presentation?

Yeah, my application is in at UofT too. Would have preferred Waterloo for sure.

secretseven,

Log in to your Quest account and click on Pharmacy Honours Program and there should be a button that says "accept/decline".

Pick the right choice. >:]

Grats again to all those who made it!

Thanks a lot :)

Hello all,
I am looking for a roommate, I do not have a place yet, so we would have to look together - near the School of Pharmacy.
If you are a clean, quiet and friendly female looking for a roommate please let me know.

Hey, I'm also looking for a roommate :)

@huxald: Indeed, who knows...I thought my interview was kinda messed up being only like 20 minutes long...

@huxald: Indeed, who knows...I thought my interview was kinda messed up being only like 20 minutes long...

Oh well, there's nothing more to do than to apply again next year, I suppose.

In any case, I wish everyone all the very best!

Don't give up, you're bound to make it
one day =)

Don't give up, you're bound to make it
one day =)

Thanks Ryanco64! and everyone else who gave me suggestions on how to improve!

Already working on it for next year. :)

Dude, trust me...I haven't taken microbio and here I am with an unconditional offer for 2012 admission.

I don't know what happened so I'm emailing them right now. I think my track record at McGill (3.8 gpa) made them overlook that...? (Straight As in biochem, genetics, organic -3-, stats and physiology...)

Thermo sucked. Bad. All my chem and math was A+ (except for thermo argh)...bios were average B+.

ECs included volunteering at YMCA as immigration transition mentor (which I was part of when I first moved to Canada) as well as half years in bio and chem labs.

LOR from pharmacist (known me for 3 years) and other stuff.

Time to find out what they say about the microbio class. On Quest however, there were no conditions to my admission. So we'll see what happens if I get shafted to 2013 or not. (I already accepted).

I got it tooo!!! SOOOOO happy! :) I've been lurking this forum for ages..LOL

I need a roommate tooo. I'm a female looking to room with a female.

Hello all,

You sound like my kind of roommate =) I looked at some of the listings on the Waterloo housing site and there doesn't seem to be that many near the School of Pharmacy -__-.

Dude, trust me...I haven't taken microbio and here I am with an unconditional offer for 2012 admission.

I don't know what happened so I'm emailing them right now. I think my track record at McGill (3.8 gpa) made them overlook that...? (Straight As in biochem, genetics, organic -3-, stats and physiology...)

Thermo sucked. Bad. All my chem and math was A+ (except for thermo argh)...bios were average B+.

ECs included volunteering at YMCA as immigration transition mentor (which I was part of when I first moved to Canada) as well as half years in bio and chem labs.

LOR from pharmacist (known me for 3 years) and other stuff.

Time to find out what they say about the microbio class. On Quest however, there were no conditions to my admission. So we'll see what happens if I get shafted to 2013 or not. (I already accepted).
Hey! Were you the guy with the cool passport holder from the Sunday interview? I got accepted too!

Last edited:
Haha, nice! Classmates =D

And no, sold out lol. Even at Waterloo =)

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Are you supposed to receive a confirmation email after you accepted the offer on Quest? I haven't received any. But I did it late Last night though!

lol I dunno what's going to happen with the missing microbio class. I think they're just going to overlook it since they know I'm missing it and admitted me to 2012 anyway...XD

Hi all, I also just got accepted into 2012 January and am looking for roommates. Message me if you want to look for a place together.

Ok so I've been doing some heavy house-hunting this weekend and I found a really good place.
The house has 6 people in total. 3 guys already live there and landlord is looking for 3 more guys. Its anywhere from 430-490 a month including utilities, internet etc.

Its a 5 minute walk from the pharmacy school and the landlord said that all the tenants are usually professional students so its a pretty serious house not party central. I'm looking for 2 more guys that want to get in on this with me and we'll approach the landlord together and probably get some discounts coming in as a group of 3.

If you're interested send me a private message. I'm pretty serious about getting on this quickly so ASAP would be better!

Does anyone know when the first day of lectures is?

Thanks

I am considering a place on really close to the School of Pharmacy. The landlord is looking to rent out 2 bedrooms at one time. I need to find myself a roommate. It is 550 per person. However, the apartment is not furnished. It includes a private washroom, entrance, and kitchen with fridge and stove. Laundry facilities are included.

I am a clean, organized female.

If anyone is interested, please private message me ASAP.

Are you supposed to receive any confirmation emails after you accepted the offer on Quest? I haven't got any yet :(

Also where's the best place to look for an apartment?

Last edited:
Waterloo took away my offer of admission after "finding out" I didn't have microbiology.

I am feeling things that should not be said out loud right now, because I clearly wrote I wasn't taking microbiology this year.

FML.

Thats rough bro. Hopefully they didn't take it away altogether and just moved you to 2013 admission. Best of luck.

Waterloo took away my offer of admission after "finding out" I didn't have microbiology.

I am feeling things that should not be said out loud right now, because I clearly wrote I wasn't taking microbiology this year.

FML.
That's terrible. I hope your offer is still valid for 2013, right?

E-mails everywhere right now so to speak...let you guys know what happens.