University of Wyoming (Fall 2014 Applicants)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cara88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else applied/applying to the University of Wyoming? Have you heard anything back from them?

Good luck everyone!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone else applied/applying to the University of Wyoming? Have you heard anything back from them?

I applied! All I've gotten so far was an email saying thank you for your application and that it's under review or something.

I applied! All I've gotten so far was an email saying thank you for your application and that it's under review or something.

i applied as well. However they are not rolling and their deadline I believe is early next year. So we probably won't hear anything until then.

Members don't see this ad :)
So far I have gotten the same email. I did find out that their interviews start on the 11th and go until Feb., so we could hear something soon. This is my top choice so I am really hoping they don't want to test the theory that patience is a virtue! lol

So far I have gotten the same email. I did find out that their interviews start on the 11th and go until Feb., so we could hear something soon. This is my top choice so I am really hoping they don't want to test the theory that patience is a virtue! lol

haha good luck to you. This is one of my top choices as well.

I am applying, but haven't subbmitted yet! I hope by today or tomorrow. Do you think my app is late now?

You should be fine. They haven't started interviews and their deadline isn't for awhile yet :) Plus from my understanding they have a preference for in-state students - so that will work in your favour ;)

Interviewing October 25 :)

Hi there, How did your interview go? Did you hear back from there? I also got an interview on Nov 15

I think the interview day went pretty well overall (At least I hope so! haha). It will be another week before we hear anything from them. I really liked the school and the Laramie area. If you have any questions about the process, please feel free to ask or pm me. Congrats and good luck with your interview!

I think the interview day went pretty well overall (At least I hope so! haha). It will be another week before we hear anything from them. I really liked the school and the Laramie area. If you have any questions about the process, please feel free to ask or pm me. Congrats and good luck with your interview!
Thank you so much you for your reply. I am quite nervous and this is my first interview. What do they ask you during your interview. Any tips or suggestion? How were the interviewer?

Members don't see this ad :)
My interviewers were really great and they wanted it to be a comfortable experience for me. They seemed to have relatively generic questions - nothing to mess around with you. My suggestions for the day of - be confident, know why you want to be a pharmacist, relax, be yourself and enjoy the experience. They already see something that is intriguing them to give you an invite ;)

Last edited:
My interviewer were really great and they wanted it to be a comfortable experience for me. They seemed to have relatively generic questions - nothing to mess around with you. My suggestions for the day of - be confident, know why you want to be a pharmacists, relax, be yourself and enjoy the experience. They already see something that is intriguing them to give you an invite ;)[/quote

Hi Dear, You made me smile. Your so sweet. I am confident now. Your words made me relaxed. My husband and my four month baby will be driving to Wyoming, it takes us 15 hours. I am taking my PCAT next week on November 8. Wish to do well on my PCAT. So what is your first choice of school?

Thank you for your message

Glad I could help! :) Wyoming is my top choice for sure. I just loved the campus and the people when I was there, plus the area is my speed (I'm a small town country girl haha). That will be quite a trip for the three of you. I hope it's an enjoyable time for you all. Good luck on your PCAT and interview!

Accepted at Wyoming. Wahoo!! :D

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted at Wyoming. Wahoo!! :D
Hi dear Cara, Congratulation to you and I am so happy for you. Your advice is always helping. I appreciate your time and effort. I have couple of things to ask you if I can drop some questions to you

Hi dear Cara, Congratulation to you and I am so happy for you. Your advice is always helping. I appreciate your time and effort. I have couple of things to ask you if I can drop some questions to you

Thanks! Feel free to ask any questions you have and I hope I can answer them for you. :)

Hello Cara! Congratulations on your admission! I am flying there from Idaho :) May I ask you how dressed up you were for the interview?

Are you a man or woman?
For me (man)....full professional suit for every interview.

Have any others here found out their status for Wyoming lately?

Are you a man or woman?
For me (man)....full professional suit for every interview.

Have any others here found out their status for Wyoming lately?
I'm a girl. Yeah, I agree. I'll also bring an extra pair of walking shoes for the campus tour.

Hello Cara! Congratulations on your admission! I am flying there from Idaho :) May I ask you how dressed up you were for the interview?

I wore a dark grey pant suit, a blouse with a little bit of colour, and black shoes that were flat but easily dressed up. There was a mix of pant and skirt suits worn by the females in my interview group - everyone was in full business attire the day I was there. :)

I wore a dark grey pant suit, a blouse with a little bit of colour, and black shoes that were flat but easily dressed up. There was a mix of pant and skirt suits worn by the females in my interview group - everyone was in full business attire the day I was there. :)
thank you :)

I applied on October 31 and just got an invitation for an interview ... U will get one soon

Surprised we haven't had any current students comment on this thread like years past...any current students want to share their experience? :)

I applied on October 31 and just got an invitation for an interview ... U will get one soon

Congrats on your upcoming interview!

The interview process was a very positive and enjoyable experience. Everyone there was very nice, and the campus is beautiful. Let us know if you have any questions :)

Congrats on your upcoming interview!

The interview process was a very positive and enjoyable experience. Everyone there was very nice, and the campus is beautiful. Let us know if you have any questions :)
Thank you... Ok nice ... But I'm scared cuz there's only 20 seats for out of state student... I live in Florida

Thank you... Ok nice ... But I'm scared cuz there's only 20 seats for out of state student... I live in Florida

I have heard/seen multiple answers regarding seats for out of state and in-state. I may be wrong, but....it seems to me that it is more of a guideline of what they expect the number for out of state to be. Also considering there are only 52 seats to start with - that is a good number of seats available for out of state.

Try not to be too nervous. They have already seen something in your application that they liked and it made them want to meet you. Just be confident in yourself and do your best! :)

I have heard/seen multiple answers regarding seats for out of state and in-state. I may be wrong, but....it seems to me that it is more of a guideline of what they expect the number for out of state to be. Also considering there are only 52 seats to start with - that is a good number of seats available for out of state.

Try not to be too nervous. They have already seen something in your application that they liked and it made them want to meet you. Just be confident in yourself and do your best! :)
Wow Thank you so much...hopefully I will be in ur class.. Once again congrats on ur admission

Wow Thank you so much...hopefully I will be in ur class.. Once again congrats on ur admission
I also applied at Xavier , MCphs , Manchester and USF. Currently a USF student.. I need a change from the climate .. I'm from Haiti but live in Florida since 04... My top school is Xavier .. I really like UW curriculum

I also applied at Xavier , MCphs , Manchester and USF. Currently a USF student.. I need a change from the climate .. I'm from Haiti but live in Florida since 04... My top school is Xavier .. I really like UW curriculum
And will soon to apply at Lecom and Nova

i applied as well. However they are not rolling and their deadline I believe is early next year. So we probably won't hear anything until then.

Have u heard from them yet?

My interview is on January 17 yay ... I see that it's 2 hrs drive from Denver to Laramie when I google map it? That's a long drive huh.,

My interview is on January 17 yay ... I see that it's 2 hrs drive from Denver to Laramie when I google map it? That's a long drive huh.,

2 hours sounds about right. I flew into Denver and took a shuttle - it was about 3hrs to Laramie, but we had stops along the way, plus a bit of a snowstorm slowed the drive down also.

Snow can and will be an issue here in Laramie. I would plan on at least 3 hours just to be safe. Right now we have about three inches on the ground and it is -5 at night. Bring a coat :)

2 hours sounds about right. I flew into Denver and took a shuttle - it was about 3hrs to Laramie, but we had stops along the way, plus a bit of a snowstorm slowed the drive down also.

How much is the shuttle? I booked a rental for my friend & I n we both never seen snow before. Would it be difficult to drive while it's snowing? Sorry we kinda anxious abt it

Snow can and will be an issue here in Laramie. I would plan on at least 3 hours just to be safe. Right now we have about three inches on the ground and it is -5 at night. Bring a coat :)

Most our flight it's really night time ... And the tickets are expensive hope they give us admission lol