University of Wyoming (Fall 2014 Applicants)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My interview is on January 17 yay ... I see that it's 2 hrs drive from Denver to Laramie when I google map it? That's a long drive huh.,
Are you from Denver, CO?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
How much is the shuttle? I booked a rental for my friend & I n we both never seen snow before. Would it be difficult to drive while it's snowing? Sorry we kinda anxious abt it

Driving in snow really does have a different feel to it and it can be really nerve-wrecking for some people if you're not used to it. I personally would not recommend it as a good time to learn to drive in snow, especially if you've never been around it before.

Green Ride Colorado was the shuttle service I took and it was $150 round trip. Might be worth it for the peace of mind.

Reactions: 1 user
Driving in snow really does have a different feel to it and it can be really nerve-wrecking for some people if you're not used to it. I personally would not recommend it as a good time to learn to drive in snow, especially if you've never been around it before.

Green Ride Colorado was the shuttle service I took and it was $150 round trip. Might be worth it for the peace of mind.

Oh Wow that's a lot...... Hope it does not snow from January 16-17 cuz coming from Flo the flight ain't cheap at all.....:(

Oh Wow that's a lot...... Hope it does not snow from January 16-17 cuz coming from Flo the flight ain't cheap at all.....:(

It definitely wasn't the cheapest option around, but I had a 17hr day of travel just getting to Denver :confused:. It was reliable and got me there safe and sound. They also dropped me off at my hotel in Laramie. Overall it just made my travels really stress-free.

Good luck with your travels! :)

Thought u live in Colorado ... Thanks, so where you from?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted, Just received an email.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted, Just received an email.

Congrats ....so how long u guys wait to hear anything from them? .... And I want to know how many student already in?

Last edited:
Congrats ....so how long u guys wait to hear anything from them? .... And I want to know how many student already in?

It's about 1-2weeks after the interview that we hear something. Not too horribly long...but it sure seems like forever while you're waiting! So far I am aware of 6 students who have been accepted.

Last edited:
I also was accepted yesterday, I interviewed two weeks ago, were you in my interview group?
Hi there, Congratulation on your acceptance. No i was not in your group. I was interviewed last week friday on 15th nov. I hope to see you next year in 2014 class

I was interviewed last week Friday and usually you hear from them in 1 week or 2 weeks but if you were interviewed yesterday than they will get back to you in 2 weeks. Their commette meets every 2 weeks. Do not worry! The interview process is very relaxing and they want to know you. Be yourself and be confident.

I was interviewed last week Friday and usually you hear from them in 1 week or 2 weeks but if you were interviewed yesterday than they will get back to you in 2 weeks. Their commette meets every 2 weeks. Do not worry! The interview process is very relaxing and they want to know you. Be yourself and be confident.

My interview is on January 17.. I couldn't do it in December.. And wat kinda math and writing essay they ask?

My interview is on January 17.. I couldn't do it in December.. And wat kinda math and writing essay they ask?

The math test is looking at basic math skills and mostly critical thinking skills (no calculator necessary at all). Just watch your time with it - it goes fast.

The essay I had to write about was a general pharmacy topic. It didn't require external knowledge - just my thoughts about a topics. I think they more-less just want to know you have a general command of the English language.

The comprehension test was just them reading a very short story and us answering some questions about it.

The math test is looking at basic math skills and mostly critical thinking skills (no calculator necessary at all). Just watch your time with it - it goes fast.

The essay I had to write about was a general pharmacy topic. It didn't require external knowledge - just my thoughts about a topics. I think they more-less just want to know you have a general command of the English language.

The comprehension test was just them reading a very short story and us answering some questions about it.

Oh ok thanks a lot.. Hope they interviewers like me

Mm

Last edited:
Hi, Congratulation.:) May I know whether that you take your PCAT in order to get accepted? I would be happy to hear from you. Thanks
Hi, Congratulation.:) May I know whether that you take your PCAT in order to get accepted? I would be happy to hear from you. Thanks

Of course u have to take the Pcat before u can hear anything from them .. U application is still incomplete

Of course u have to take the Pcat before u can hear anything from them .. U application is still incomplete
Thanks,
I have interview on December. I have not take my PCAT yet. Do you think they would let me know if I got accepted?

HI, Congratulation. May I know what is the most difficulty that you have in the interview? I would very appreciate your response.

Thanks and congrats on your upcoming interview! I personally didn't find the interview day itself a very difficult day overall. The tests were all very straight forward and the interview felt very comfortable. Everyone was really nice and welcoming. Based on what other people who have interviewed here have to say, it seems to be a common feeling :)

Thanks,
I have interview on December. I have not take my PCAT yet. Do you think they would let me know if I got accepted?

In regards to your PCAT, they may hold off on giving you an offer as it is a part of prerequisites. Or they could make it a conditional acceptance based on you completing it with a specific grade.

Thanks and congrats on your upcoming interview! I personally didn't find the interview day itself a very difficult day overall. The tests were all very straight forward and the interview felt very comfortable. Everyone was really nice and welcoming. Based on what other people who have interviewed here have to say, it seems to be a common feeling :)

In regards to your PCAT, they may hold off on giving you an offer as it is a part of prerequisites. Or they could make it a conditional acceptance based on you completing it with a specific grade.

Oh wow u might be lucky n get accepted ... That's a huge step without the Pcat score yet.... GOOD LUCK ON UR INTERVIEW N LET ME KNW HOW IT WENT... I have two interviews on January .. Once again be yourself

Cara, do u knw how many ppl who got accepted already?

Oh ok.. And many ppl were in ur interview?.. Sorry for all those questions!:(

No worries! Better to ask and get an answer than to not ask at all and continue to wonder! ;)

There were 12 people in my interview group. We were told that as the interviews get closer to the end of the year the groups generally are a bit larger than that. Based on the room they use and assuming they always use the same room, I can't see many more than 20 being interviewed at a time.

I really admire you guys all because you guys are so supportive. Thanks. I really want to be a part of the team of Wyoming Pharmacy classes. :) I appreciate your fast response and your sharing experience.:)

By the way, May know is it the group interview or Individual interview?

Oh wow u might be lucky n get accepted ... That's a huge step without the Pcat score yet.... GOOD LUCK ON UR INTERVIEW N LET ME KNW HOW IT WENT... I have two interviews on January .. Once again be yourself

Happy Thanksgiving :) Wishuv24

Last edited:

I am truly appreciate your sharing experience. I wish you have a warm and happy Thanksgiving with family and friends.:)

Happy Thanksgiving to all the endeavors for the love and passion in profession of pharmacy. :)

Good luck to you. I wish you get admission. :)

By the way, May know is it the group interview or Individual interview?

The interviews are individual. I had 2 faculty members interviewing myself and I believe some may have had a current student also helping to interview them.

Last edited:
How was the interview? Would you mind share ur stats?

The interview was really relaxed actually, just me and 2 professors. There was only 12 people interviewing the day I went so the day was fairly quick! My cGPA is 3.8, science GPA is like 3.7 and my math GPA is 4.0, but my pcat wasn't too great...just a 52. My verbal section really lowered my score haha