USC Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
YAY! got an acceptance email just an hour ago!!! c/o 2017 anyone??

Members don't see this ad.

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh so happy!! =D

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
wow congrats for you!!! I am still waiting for either decision... i was session 3 and haven't heard anything :(

did they say how many were accepted this round in the email? thanks, and congrats!

did they say how many were accepted this round in the email? thanks, and congrats!

thanks!!!

and whoops! i meant session 2 of the october 27th interview..not session 3. and no they didn't mention the number of acceptances, though u can probably comb the forums to figure out previous years' numbers. =]

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!! =DDDD

I was in session 3, on Oct 27 and received an acceptance as well! Congrats to everyone :)

Congrats to you all!!

I was in the oct 27 interview too... but havent heard back yet...that can't be good </3 :(

me too.. this sucks. I wonder how we will get our rejections :(

I just got an active consideration letter :( I'm super bummed because the professor I had during my interview told me that I would be accepted. got my hopes up for no reason I guess.

Does anyone know how many people actually got accepted?

I got an AC email today. Congrats to everyone who got in the first round! To all those on AC, I know it sucks, especially having to wait till after the other interviews to hear anything aka mid feb to mid april, but don't give up hope. Last year USC accepted around 10-15 of the 90-100 ppl interviewed outright. Then after the january interview 30 more people from active consideration got in, and even more following the other two interview dates. What I'm saying is that after the Oct interview they accept around 10% which is very small compared to the almost 50% of interviewees they end up accepting in the end. Being on AC this early leaves us with a very good chance of getting acceptances later. And it will leave many of us a nervous wreck to be waiting to hear from USC but on the bright side none of us have to pay the deposit for a few months so thats a plus :p Especially with the winter holidays right around the corner. Don't lose hope.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks dktaba... you're really good at pep talks haha :)

thanks dktaba... you're really good at pep talks haha :)

Hah, thanks, just speaking the truth though :D

I'd still be curious what the numbers are for how many were placed on AC and how many got in. Anyone wanna call the school and ask? I would but I literally have zero reception at work

i just emailed pharmadm... i will let you know if they respond. But since only 4 ppl have posted on here that they actually got in.. can't be too many ppl.

And just to support my pep talk with some facts, from USC's website for the class of 2016:

They claim there were 1065 applicants, on another page they say 30-35% were interviewed, and that 282 applicants were offered acceptance (185 accepted the offer, 40 of which were from the Trojan pre-pharmacy program).

So, conservatively, lets say only 30% were interviewed: thats about 320 people. They dont say how many of the 282 applicants offered admission were Trojan pre-pharmacy applicants, but based on the proportion of 40/185 of seated applicants, then 40/186*282 = about 60. So the number is likely somewhere around 60 or less. So 282 - 60 = 222 and 222/320 = 69.3%.

69.3% is pretty great odds for interviewees. Again just going off the numbers on the website. So don't fret everyone :D

Just got put on Active consideration too :(

Does everyone get put on active consideration that interviews?

"It is important you understand that we may be unable to make a final decision on your file for some time."
^ they re-review us after the january interview right?

Just got put on Active consideration too :(

Does everyone get put on active consideration that interviews?

"It is important you understand that we may be unable to make a final decision on your file for some time."
^ they re-review us after the january interview right?

From what I understand, yes, everyone who interviews in October gets either accepted or put on AC. I'm not 100% sure but I heard they don't reject until after the final interview in March. I could be wrong about that though.

From what I understand, yes, everyone who interviews in October gets either accepted or put on AC. I'm not 100% sure but I heard they don't reject until after the final interview in March. I could be wrong about that though.

do they only put october interviews on AC, or does everyone who interviews in general, no matter what date, get AC?
sigh keeping my fingers crossed for us!

do they only put october interviews on AC, or does everyone who interviews in general, no matter what date, get AC?
sigh keeping my fingers crossed for us!

I think everyone gets AC no matter what date until the end. I dont know for sure though. And even if it was that way in the past, they have made changes to the way they do things this year versus last year. It doesnt cheapen being on AC though even if everyone gets placed on it. To be offered an interview is a huge step. As I posted earlier, they only offer interviews to around 30% of applicants and accept just over half of those interviewees. We will just have to wait for the next round. It is unlikely that anyone who was just offered admission would decline since most schools have not even evaluated applications yet but in the future, there may be students who are accepted and decline their offer because they may have also been accepted to another school that is more suitable for them in which case more people on AC will be admitted.
Anyway, I know that doesnt help much now but don't think too much about the potential competition on AC, namely the number of people that will be placed on AC in the future. It would be just as nerve-racking if it were only you and one other person with one spot available. Just breathe, relax, and try and focus on something else to pass the time faster :D Winter holidays are right around the corner and thanksgiving this coming week so enjoy that time and start thinking about all this again in feb. :)

Ok to anyone who is still uneasy about being on AC, I emailed and they told me 26 accepted, 99 interviewed, everyone else (73) put on AC.

So if they offer admission to around the same as previous years (average of 2015-2016 = 274) and subtract the assumed number of Trojan pre-pharm program offers (274-60=214) then there are (214-26)=188 spots left. So each subsequent interview (3 left) needs to offer admission to, on average, 63 people per interview date. Hope that eases some peoples concerns. Remember they are most stringent about who gets accepted on the first interview date and are more relaxed later one. Also these numbers are conservative so they may in fact accept more. Hope that helps someone to know that :)

Woo I got accepted!! Sweet, takes the pressure off now, haha. Good luck to others who are awaiting decisions:thumbup:

Now, that I am on the AC list, I want to know where I stand in the AC list. Is there a specific ranking system on the AC list? Will the admissions tell you where you stand? Did anyone ask?

Congrats to those who got accepted!!!

I was helping out as a greeter (P1 representtttt!) and I'll let you guys know that you guys are all very qualified candidates! For those who are on AC, don't worry, I was able to hop off it after the next round too.

If you guys have questions about USC or anything, I'll try my best to answer! :)

I got an email saying I am now on active consideration as well. I interviewed Oct. 27th for the 2nd session. I called the admissions office today to ask about the stats and was told that 26 people got accepted, the rest were put on AC. She said there is no way to tell what percentage of people who are put on AC will be accepted. I asked if there's a ranking to those on the list and she said no, not that she can tell me because it's completely confidential...meaning there is certainly a ranking, but she can't tell me where I am on the list because it's secret.

Anyway, I'm bummed as well... :( USC is my top choice. I really want to get in. I don't know if calling helped boost me up or not though, because the lady asked for my full name while I was asking her questions. Don't know if that means anything. Sigh* Congrats to all those who were accepted though!

Admissions told me that we should expect to hear again about a month after the next interview date.

I got an email saying I am now on active consideration as well. I interviewed Oct. 27th for the 2nd session. I called the admissions office today to ask about the stats and was told that 26 people got accepted, the rest were put on AC. She said there is no way to tell what percentage of people who are put on AC will be accepted. I asked if there's a ranking to those on the list and she said no, not that she can tell me because it's completely confidential...meaning there is certainly a ranking, but she can't tell me where I am on the list because it's secret.

Anyway, I'm bummed as well... :( USC is my top choice. I really want to get in. I don't know if calling helped boost me up or not though, because the lady asked for my full name while I was asking her questions. Don't know if that means anything. Sigh* Congrats to all those who were accepted though!

Thanks for the update. I guess we just need to wait till late January or February. Perhaps sending in the updated transcript may help in the "ranking" system?

Hey so does anyone know what the "rankings" are based on for the AC list? Like how do they order the list?? Thanks guys. Really hoping there's good news for us!! :xf:

Hey so does anyone know what the "rankings" are based on for the AC list? Like how do they order the list?? Thanks guys. Really hoping there's good news for us!! :xf:

When I was on AC last year, they say they will reevaluate EVERYONE on the list--as in there is no ranking. :)

anyone here from TAP and got in?
I am TAP student but I was placed on AC list today:(

Congratulations to all of the newly acceptance students! We'll be seeing you guys next year!

For those that are put on AC, don't give up hope and continue to prep for your other interviews. Good luck guys.

I'm a P1 and this school is sooooooooooooooooo disorganized! It's hard to believe. Just a fair warning to you all! (I was warned too but honestly didn't believe it)

Its not THAT bad... First year in general just really sucks. Seems like a total waste of time, but 2nd and 3rd year are fine. As students we're used to having teachers who's profession is actually teaching. At USC all the professors/lecturers are also working pharmacists, researchers, etc. Cut them some slack, I'm sure you would be a little disorganized working full time in a clinic and then having to coordinate a class of 180 students. Then again, it could just be my personality, I'm generally a very laid back person, just going with the flow (definitely not the norm in pharmacy school...)

Last edited:
-

Last edited:
Gooooooooooooooooosh. :(

I'm getting really scared. I was hesitant to apply at USC until the last minute (Turned in my Supplemental Oct 31). I think that hurt my chances a little bit since they have rolling admission.
Anyway, I have some questions to those who got accepted, what are your stats?

Mine: BS Microbiology GPA: 3.40
Pharmacy Experience: Licensed Pharm Tech with 6 months working experience
Research: 1 year Molecular Bio
Volunteer: Close to nothing
Clubs and Organizations: So-so participation.

Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm anxious. T.T

Relax. You are a person, not a collection of stats. Be confident and relax.

-

Last edited:
I just got an active consideration letter :( I'm super bummed because the professor I had during my interview told me that I would be accepted. got my hopes up for no reason I guess.

Does anyone know how many people actually got accepted?
Same thing happened to me. My professor told me "you're in" and then I got an AC letter. Sucks :(

Gooooooooooooooooosh. :(

I'm getting really scared. I was hesitant to apply at USC until the last minute (Turned in my Supplemental Oct 31). I think that hurt my chances a little bit since they have rolling admission.
Anyway, I have some questions to those who got accepted, what are your stats?

Mine: BS Microbiology GPA: 3.40
Pharmacy Experience: Licensed Pharm Tech with 6 months working experience
Research: 1 year Molecular Bio
Volunteer: Close to nothing
Clubs and Organizations: So-so participation.

Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm anxious. T.T

same here, I submitted my Pharmcas on Oct. 29 and supplemental Oct 31...so dead...and pharmcas mailed out my application on Nov. 26th.

For those who got interview or acceptance, would you mind share your stats please? I am very nervous too and I really wanna now how is my shape.

Mine: BS Chemistry oGPA: 3.68, sGPA: 3.6, graduated in 3 years
three semesters + one summer research with thesis defense
volunteer: 1 semester hospital, 100 hours abroad
Clubs: also so-so participation
working: 8 month lab technician, 1 semester math tutor
pharmacy experience: almost none, only a little bit when I was volunteering abroad, this will kill me i think.

I just got rejected by UCSF which makes me so sad...USC becomes my last hope...finger crossed...:scared:

same here, I submitted my Pharmcas on Oct. 29 and supplemental Oct 31...so dead...and pharmcas mailed out my application on Nov. 26th.

For those who got interview or acceptance, would you mind share your stats please? I am very nervous too and I really wanna now how is my shape.

pharmacy experience: almost none, only a little bit when I was volunteering abroad, this will kill me i think.

I just got rejected by UCSF which makes me so sad...USC becomes my last hope...finger crossed...:scared:

I'm surprised you were rejected by UCSF, at first glance you have really good stats.

Hey! I was denied at UCSF too. I knew I would get rejected since you have to show tremendous leadership experience and A LOT of volunteering which I didn't have.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for USC. Hopefully this monday, I'll get invited for February interview. /o/ wooo

Haha I graduated in just 3 years too!

Hi everyone, I kind of new to this site, but I am very glad that I find it. It is always nice to see other people that are in the same shoe as you are.

For those who had the interview on 1/26/2013. Does any one remember the name of the guy who gave us the speech for us in the welcome session?

I just got an interview invite for February 23rd! I was just wondering if anyone got a confirmation email after you emailed them to say you'll be attending. Thanks!

Congrats! Yes, they did email me back..I had a January interview