USC Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I applied late July and I have yet to even hear back for a pre-req checklist. Sad story indeed. I guess they don't abide by "Rolling Admissions."

Members don't see this ad.

I applied late July and I have yet to even hear back for a pre-req checklist. Sad story indeed. I guess they don't abide by "Rolling Admissions."

Did you call admissions to make sure everything is okay with your file?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got so anxious that I called the admissions. They said the earliest we should expect is end of next week or more. ): but you never know maybe we will get it sooner :)

I don't think it's gonna take until the end of next week. I've noticed that a lot of admission reps say stuff like that so people don't call them a billion times. It makes things less stressful on their end and more stressful on our end. They also take into consideration the people who don't get in because usually those who are accepted will hear back sooner than those on the wait list/those who will get rejected.

I don't think it's gonna take until the end of next week. I've noticed that a lot of admission reps say stuff like that so people don't call them a billion times. It makes things less stressful on their end and more stressful on our end. They also take into consideration the people who don't get in because usually those who are accepted will hear back sooner than those on the wait list/those who will get rejected.

That is very stressful. For kicks and giggles, I kinda wish that the selection process is like american idol. Impress them for like 1~5 minutes and then you get the golden ticket to pharmacy school :D

I applied in early Oct and emailed about my application, and I got an email saying to continue waiting. :(

Well there is another interview session, let's just hope for the best!

Yes, but I did call too and they said that admission committee will meet on Friday, so it's likely that we will hear back next week. I think we will hear back earlier than late next week. Possibly early next week! :)

PS Happy Valentine's day all!

Hey! I was denied at UCSF too. I knew I would get rejected since you have to show tremendous leadership experience and A LOT of volunteering which I didn't have.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for USC. Hopefully this monday, I'll get invited for February interview. /o/ wooo

Haha I graduated in just 3 years too!

Hahaha, we should really shake hands lol.

For those who submitted application early but didn't hear back, I guess USC is not really doing a rolling application? Idk, I luckily received an interview invitation on 1/31, that was the first email I received from them after I submitted my application and I really submitted my application just right before the deadline. Idk if its a good thing ( I always thought either the first or the last interview session was the best)... So, never give up and good luck :)

Hahaha, we should really shake hands lol.

For those who submitted application early but didn't hear back, I guess USC is not really doing a rolling application? Idk, I luckily received an interview invitation on 1/31, that was the first email I received from them after I submitted my application and I really submitted my application just right before the deadline. Idk if its a good thing ( I always thought either the first or the last interview session was the best)... So, never give up and good luck :)

Haha, we should! I really hope to get in c/o 2017!!! >_< I think they really take in the ones that are most competitive first and leave the less competitive for the final interviews. :(

To those who are accepted or going to be accepted, have you look at how are you going to finance your school? I've been looking at threads about it...

Haha, we should! I really hope to get in c/o 2017!!! >_< I think they really take in the ones that are most competitive first and leave the less competitive for the final interviews. :(

To those who are accepted or going to be accepted, have you look at how are you going to finance your school? I've been looking at threads about it...
I'm not sure. Loans I guess for first year. Which threads?

I'm not sure. Loans I guess for first year. Which threads?

I've read a bunch of threads with these keywords:

Funding my pharmacy school
Paying pharmacy loans
Working while in the pharmacy
type of loans available pharmacy
financial aid pharmacy

It is very informative and really helpful. I urge everyone who doesn't know how to fund your pharmacy school the "smart" way and not be buried in debt (hopefully not).
Hope that helps :)

so i called usc today and they said we may hear back in the next 2 weeks... I interviewed in Jan (5th session). >< delays suck but what can we do..

2 more weeks? wow it's already been 24 days of waiting. Guess we have no choice but to wait.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called today too.....they told me it should be this week. I called early morning and she said that they are still finalizing some decisions today and will be sent out this week by email. I was in Jan but session 1 but I didn't tell her my session. So maybe the earlier sessions get it first? I don't know >…<

I called today too.....they told me it should be this week. I called early morning and she said that they are still finalizing some decisions today and will be sent out this week by email. I was in Jan but session 1 but I didn't tell her my session. So maybe the earlier sessions get it first? I don't know >…<
That's what I like to hear!

WOOHOOOO! Congrats! Can you share the stats #of acceptances # of interviewees?

>_< :xf: for April interview and c/o 2017!
What do I include so I don't have to do more ethan one post lol

Congrats!! I haven't heard anything yet..this can't be good. What time did u get the email?

Cool >_<
Congrats again! Good luck everyone else!

PS: we should just post here until the admins merge the threads. This one is older and has more posts.

Oh hey I got in. From Oct interview. Still don't even know how to respond lol

what time did you get the email? Anyone interview in Oct still waiting?!?!?

Applied: Mid-October
Interviewed: Jan 26
BS Biology
MsPH in Tropical Medicine/Parasitology (Tulane)
GPA: uhhh 3.4?
Med School Drop Out (2 years)
Volunteer: Too many to list
Leadership: Too many to list
Work: 2 years Lab Manager at USC
Research: American Society of Hematology
Pharmacy Experience: None
Other acceptances: First one
I'd like to thank: God and everyone who prayed for me
Praying for: All of you guys :)

So did all who got accepted during the January interview attend the first session? I'm just trying to figure out if usc emails earlier interview sessions first. Do u guys think all acceptances were emailed today?

I interviewed in October and the acceptances were emailed around this time and the ACs were emailed the next morning. I feel another AC coming my way :(

So did all who got accepted during the January interview attend the first session? I'm just trying to figure out if usc emails earlier interview sessions first. Do u guys think all acceptances were emailed today?
I was at 8:30 so I don't think everyone accepted today is first session

Dont over think! Hopefully all of us get accepted >.< then we have to worry about other things like classes, traffic and finding internships haha

I think I'm more anxious than you guys haha :) Good luck anyway

Congrats!!! Are you guys for sure attending USC or looking at other schools :oops: ?
I'm sorry to be rude or intruding people's bubbles but to those accepted what is your cGPA/sGPA, special talent/volunteer experience and pharmacy experience?

I had a 3.25 undergrad gpa. Hope that gives some of you hope since people on this forum previously said that USC looks for high GPA students... :)

I had a 3.25 undergrad gpa. Hope that gives some of you hope since people on this forum previously said that USC looks for high GPA students... :)

But research experience? Pharmacy experience? Extraordinary talent? Lol haha