USMLE/COMLEX Qbank Raffle from Kaplan Medical

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Post your comments on our Qbank products in this forum and you will be entered to win one of the following:

• Choice of USMLE Step 1 or COMLEX Level 1 (3 mo)
  • USMLE Step 2 CK (3 mo)
  • USMLE Step 3 (3 mo)
Only Kaplan's Qbank includes a Score Estimator!* Now with even more exam-like questions.

Learn more about Kaplan's Qbank at http://www.kaplanmedical.com/Medical...k-central.html

*Only in Step 1 and Step 2 CK Qbank, feature coming soon to Step 3.

Members don't see this ad.

I am interested in Step 2 CK Qbank!

A friend of mine shared a few of her Step 1 Qbank questions so I could see what they were like, as I'll be taking the test next spring. I really liked the intricate two-part questions where you have to figure out the first scenario on your own in order to answer the real question. I'd love to have three months to work on the Step 1 Qbank at my own pace.

I used Kaplan Q bank for Step 1 and found it extremely useful. It gave me the foundation that I needed to pass Step 1. The hidden clue words in the question stem as well as the tertiary step questions trained me to get over test taking anxiety. It would be great to use 3 months for Step 2 CK as I am sure it will be as beneficial as for Step 1. Do keep me posted regarding the raffle results. Hoping to be lucky!

Members don't see this ad :)
When I took the Kaplan MCAT course, I felt like the Kaplan practice tests were harder than the AAMC ones. Anyone who has used QBank or other Kaplan products to study for the boards: did you feel like Kaplan prepared you well? Were you pleasantly surprised by the questions on the real exam compared to the practice ones?

In my opinion questions from kaplan are more complete and makes you think all different angles presented..... I heard they made even better!!!

I was planning on getting these materials later this winter when I begin to study for step 1. A 4th year reccommended them, but if I could win them as opposed to buying them, that would be much better :)

Hi.. im a regular user of the qbankchallenge.. really nice challenging questions.. after using that, i bought the Qbank for step 1.. really nice.. next im gonna start preparing for Ck.. would really love to win a CK qbank in the raffle!! pls count me in

I would love to win the step 1 qbank.Kaplan is the way to go for acing the boards..they've been in the business for ages!I look forward to winning the qbank!

I have heard the new STEP 2 QBANK is great.
Would really like to try it out to prepare for the exam
have used kaplan for past exams and have been a great help

I'm preparing to take the Step 1 next summer and have heard about how important it is to do as many questions as possible. I've also heard about Kaplan's wonderful Q-bank and its many quality questions. I wonder if the someone can compare the Kaplan Q-bank to USMLEWorld.

I plan on using Qbank for part of my prep. Gotta love practice questions instead of rereading review books!

I'm interested in the Kaplan Step 2 Qbank. Has anyone tried using it to study for the various shelf exams?

What makes Kaplan's materials different from the other companies? I'm very interested in your products because I've heard great things about them, but there are so many options, why use yours?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd love to get my hands on your USMLE Step 3 Qbank. Sign me up for the raffle please!

There are several features that are unique to Kaplan Qbanks. One is that you have a score estimator which you can use to get a sense of how your Qbank performance might translate into a USMLE score range. Also, Kaplan provides the most thorough explanations, explaining not just the right answer, but why each distractor (incorrect answer) is wrong. You also will find rekaps following questions, providing key points you need to know about the topic of the question. The performance analysis or feedback is great, showing not only how you do on subjects/organ systems, but also by items where you changed answers, took more/less time, etc. Finally, the Qbank is totally up to date, reflecting the real demands of the USMLE exam questions.

I've heard great things about Qbank. I've heard it's good to start doing questions along with second year classes, so I can't wait to get started!

Your performance is shown numerically and graphically, broken down by subject and by organ system, as well as by categories such as items you changed answers on, took more time on, etc. This profile is continuously updated each time you interact with the Qbank, so it's always current. You can also see recent individual block scores so you can monitor your progress. Once you have answered a decent number of items, you can also use the Score Estimator to get a sense of how that performance might translate into a USMLE score.

For individual questions, you also see how other users did on the question, see detailed explanations for each choice option, a rekap which briefly tells what key aspects the question relates to...in short, the feedback is awesome!

What a great supplement to year two course materials. I want to be in the raffle!

I'm definitely planning on using Kaplan for my step 1 studying and would love to win a step 1 qbank! Please enter me in the raffle. Thanks!

How many questions does the Step 1 Q-bank have?

Is it practical to start using it now throughout 2nd yr along with my courses?
The Step 1 QBank has more than 2,350 questions. The Integrated Vignette (IV) QBank has 1,250 questions. QReview, which contains multiple banks and a full length simulated exam, has more than 3,950 questions. So, depending on what you decide to get, you could certainly use a QBank throughout 2nd year courses. The regular QBanks allow you to custom design tests by choosing a subject, an organ system, or a combination of these. The IV Qbank allows you to create tests by selecting symptoms, like back pain, headache, shortness of breath, etc.

When customizing Qbank, will the system avoid giving you questions that have already been done at an earlier time?

Can you specify what type of questions you want i.e. GI physiology and not see anything related to GI path?

I would imagine this is difficult given how integrated questions are.

When customizing Qbank, will the system avoid giving you questions that have already been done at an earlier time?

You can select unused questions.

I used Kaplan QBank as part of my Step 1 preparation and they were great, especially the behavioral ones. After that, they released a new version that according to everyone I've read has used it is an even better version. I'm interested in Step 2 Qbank raffle!

Can you specify what type of questions you want i.e. GI physiology and not see anything related to GI path?

I would imagine this is difficult given how integrated questions are.

It is possible, because kaplan classifies every question according to subjects and systems. :thumbup:

From everyone I've talked to Kaplan Qbook and Qbank are basically must haves for studying for the USMLE. Its like First Aid - its just a given. Everyone says they are great.

I'd love to get mine for free :p

I used Qbank for Step 1 and am interested in Qbank for Step 2 CK. I have heard it is also good for shelf exams.

I have heard great things about both the step 1 COMLEX qbank and step 1 USMLE qbank and am interested in them. Do the two question banks share many questions? Would I see a lot of repeated questions if I were to use both of them? Thanks!

I have heard great things about both the step 1 COMLEX qbank and step 1 USMLE qbank and am interested in them. Do the two question banks share many questions? Would I see a lot of repeated questions if I were to use both of them? Thanks!
The COMLEX and USMLE Kaplan QBanks do not overlap at all---in other words, no question would be found in both banks.

Any overlap with Qbook and QBank? I'm interested in the Step 1 Qbank.

From what I've heard about the Qbank when I wrote the mcat it definitely sounds worth trying for the step's

has the Kaplan qbank been updated recently?

I would like to use Kaplan Qbank along with second year classes, enter me in!

Hi!

I used Kaplan Qbank for Step 1 and really liked it. Would love to see what the 2CK Qbank is all about! Please enter me into the raffle!

Thanks! And good luck everyone!

I would appreciate being entered in the USMLE step 1 raffle, I have heard good things and used Kaplan for MCAT prep also. Thank you.

I used the Kaplan Qbank and Qbook for Step 1 and thought both were excellent sources of questions with thorough explanations. The Qbook is divided up by subject, so you could even use it during first year if you wanted (and just not do the path tests). It is very convenient to have a book that you can take with you anywhere even if you have no internet access; I have already pre-ordered the new Step 2 Qbook (due to be released next month) for this reason. I mainly used the Qbank random (meaning that it mixes up all the question types) and timed so that it would be more like the real test. I also did some of the Clinical Vignettes, and those I used by subject. One thing I would suggest is that Kaplan should change the Step 1 Qbank section timing because the new Step 1 sections have fewer questions than they used to now.

I used some of Kaplan step 1 qbank and some of UsmleWord step 1 qbank and found the interface for kaplan to be better and less intrusive although the quality of the questions was about the same. I heard that the new and improved kaplan step 2 qbank was even more difficult than usmle world and would like to be entered into the raffle so I can use it to prep for step 2. Thanks!

I'd love to get in for the raffle - I'm taking Step 3 next month!

This sounds great. Sign me up for the raffle too please

Kaplan's Qbank for Step 1 was the best. I definitely plan to use it for my next exam.

Will the Personal Learning System become available to the qbank? I will be taking step 1. Thanks

I have heard nothing but great things about Kaplan and would love the opportunity to try it out for myself :)

Do people typically use the qbank only for the 3 months prior to the boards or do they use it all through second year?

Please enter me in the raffle, this looks like an excellent study aid!

I wasn't aware of the score estimator until reading your post. What an excellent feature! Does it use cumulative performance to estimate the score range, or provide a "snapshot" based on the student's most recent exam?

Will the Personal Learning System become available to the qbank? I will be taking step 1. Thanks
The Personal Learning System is integrated with Qbank for those who enroll in the review courses, but PLS basically helps guide use of our lecture clips and review Notes so isn't really needed if you just use the Qbank. Qbank will profile and report on your performance in great detail all along, so doesn't require PLS to provide this to users.

Status
Not open for further replies.