USMLE/COMLEX Qbank Raffle from Kaplan Medical

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Post your comments on our Qbank products in this forum and you will be entered to win one of the following:

• Choice of USMLE Step 1 or COMLEX Level 1 (3 mo)
  • USMLE Step 2 CK (3 mo)
  • USMLE Step 3 (3 mo)
Only Kaplan's Qbank includes a Score Estimator!* Now with even more exam-like questions.

Learn more about Kaplan's Qbank at http://www.kaplanmedical.com/Medical...k-central.html

*Only in Step 1 and Step 2 CK Qbank, feature coming soon to Step 3.

Members don't see this ad.

Either the USMLE Qbank or the COMLEX Qbank Step I would be useful. I've heard they are necessary to do well.

Would like to enter for a chance at Step 2 Qbank. Thanks!

I would like to be entered for the USMLE Step 1. I hear that these are the way to go. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am interested in the STEP 3 Qbank RAFFLE! Ive heard highly of your products thus Ive registered to a kaplan step3 course.I was wondering how long are qbank questions in comparison to the real USMLE exam? And has the bank been updated recently?
Thank you

Kaplan has always had its great reputation, and I believe they have always tired to improve their products.

Kaplan qbanks remain to be at the top choices/ along with UWORLD as qbanks for your board preparation.

But at the end, what matters in choosing a qbank, is how much time do u have to study? How many questions do u have time to do?reputation & quality/ And which ones can u afford.

If it was up to us, and time and $$$ was on our side I think we would do atleast do 3 sources of qbanks.
The more question one does, the more we reinforce what we know, and have the opportunity to strengthen our weaknesses.

Please include me in your raffle for step 1 qbank
Thank you and good luck to all

I am interested in the STEP 3 Qbank RAFFLE! Ive heard highly of your products thus Ive registered to a kaplan step3 course.I was wondering how long are qbank questions in comparison to the real USMLE exam? And has the bank been updated recently?
Thank you
We continuously update and maintain all of our Qbanks, so you can be confident that the pool matches the demands of the real exam.

What is unique/superior about Q-Bank compared to other questions based Step review sites such as USMLEWorld?

I am interested in the Kaplan Qbank for step 1 raffle.
Thanks

I'll be taking Step I of both COMLEX and USMLE next summer, and I've heard about Comlex Qbank, but also QBank "plus". What is the difference, or the advantage of having the "plus"?

i've heard lots of positive comments, please enter me for a step 1 bank

Hi,

How have you guys kept Kaplan QBank competitive with the other online Qbanks? Also do you guys also keep the QBook up to date, since I like using that also. Thanks, and please sign me up for Step 1 raffle.

I'll be taking Step I of both COMLEX and USMLE next summer, and I've heard about Comlex Qbank, but also QBank "plus". What is the difference, or the advantage of having the "plus"?
QBank Plus is more complete and you have much longer access. QBank Plus gives you:

a 150 item diagnostic test with detailed feedback
9 months of 2350 item regular Qbank
9 months of Integrated vignette Qbank
9 months of Physiology Qbank
a full length simulated Step 1 exam with detailed feedback
a score estimator

What is unique/superior about Q-Bank compared to other questions based Step review sites such as USMLEWorld?
Here are the unique features that make Qbank the best:

Item rekaps that concisely present the key aspects related to each item
Explanations that fully explain each choice, not just the correct answer
Feedback that pinpoints weak areas, by subject and organ system but also other aspects like items you spent more/less time on, where you changed answers, etc.
A score estimator that allows you to see how performance on QB might translate to a USMLE score
Items written by actual med school faculty and reviewed by top scorers
Continuous updates and added items, so that the pool really stays current with what is on Step 1.
Inclusion of media linked questions
Interface that is the most similar to the real exam in touch and feel

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Kaplan,

I'm interested to know about the process for creating questions. Everyone tells me that Qbank is "way harder" than the actual USMLE and that scores online are not reflective of eventual board scores. How do you know that your content is correlated to the actual exam?

I would like to enter the Step 1 raffle.

Cheers.

I enjoyed Qbank for step I for thoughtful questions that also had excellent explanations of each answer, which I often found more helpful than the initial struggle with the questions. I am interested in the Step 2 CK Qbank as well.

what would you say are some of the reasons Kaplan Qbank is better than the competitors?

please include me in the raffle...

For the step 1 Qbank stuff:

I could have sworn there was also a paper Qbank book?? Is that pretty much the same questions available online?

Is there some sort of break down of questions per topic?

I've heard great things about Kaplan qbank, but people have said the level of difficulty isnt up to par. I don't know if that matters or not. Could you shed some light on this.

I would like to be entered into the raffle.

I used the Qbank for step 1 on May 2008 and found it very useful.I hope that I'll use it again for Step 2CK.I know it was renewed since last December.

Hi Kaplan,

I'm interested to know about the process for creating questions. Everyone tells me that Qbank is "way harder" than the actual USMLE and that scores online are not reflective of eventual board scores. How do you know that your content is correlated to the actual exam?

I would like to enter the Step 1 raffle.

Cheers.
If you know your statistics, then you understand that correlation does not mean equivalency. In other words, two measures can be highly correlated even though scores on one are consistently lower or higher than scores on the other. This is the case with our Qbank. The pool may be a bit harder but still correlates very well with real scores. This is why we provide a score estimator right in the Qbank, so that you can always use it to translate from Qbank performance to USMLE likely score range. And as a final comment, our feedback from most users who have taken the USMLE after having used Qbank is that our pool is the most like the real exam. If it turned out that some of our items are harder, that probably motivates users to understand those tested aspects even better, leading to strong scores on the real thing! Which isn't a bad thing, I think you'll agree.

I've heard great things about Kaplan qbank, but people have said the level of difficulty isnt up to par. I don't know if that matters or not. Could you shed some light on this.

I would like to be entered into the raffle.
That may have been true way back but certainly isn't the case now. The Qbank was thoroughly updated just a few months ago, so matches what you'll see on the real exam very closely.

For the step 1 Qbank stuff:

I could have sworn there was also a paper Qbank book?? Is that pretty much the same questions available online?

Is there some sort of break down of questions per topic?
The Qbook, which comes with QReview and our courses, is independent of the items in our Qbanks (no overlap!). As it is printed, of course, you can't custom create tests, but the items are good as are the explanations, so just a different medium of delivering good practice questions. The questions in Qbook are grouped into subject tests.

what would you say are some of the reasons Kaplan Qbank is better than the competitors?

please include me in the raffle...
Here are the unique features that make Qbank the best:

Item rekaps that concisely present the key aspects related to each item
Explanations that fully explain each choice, not just the correct answer
Feedback that pinpoints weak areas, by subject and organ system but also other aspects like items you spent more/less time on, where you changed answers, etc.
A score estimator that allows you to see how performance on QB might translate to a USMLE score
Items written by actual med school faculty and reviewed by top scorers
Continuous updates and added items, so that the pool really stays current with what is on Step 1.
Inclusion of media linked questions
Interface that is the most similar to the real exam in touch and feel

Please enter me in the raffle for kaplan step 1 qbank. What's kaplan's suggestions on when to begin using their qbanks?

Is there any integration between Qbank and the Kaplan books? I've enjoyed the books in the past and was wondering if the questions would ever refer to the written material.
Sorry it took me a while to find out about what you asked. Plans to add page reference for Step 1 are in the works and shoudl be launched sometime in the fall. At the present, adding these to Step 2CK is under consideration but nothing definite.

Judging from the comments here I would like to be given a chance at the raffle for step 1 material. Thanks.

Please enter me in the raffle for kaplan step 1 qbank. What's kaplan's suggestions on when to begin using their qbanks?
While it is probably the case that many 2nd year students wait until the spring to begin any prep for Step 1, lots who begin making time to do some reviewing earlier in the year really do well and tend not to feel as rushed after classes end. If you do plan on beginning early, then think how you might use it to reinforce current courses as well as maybe using any break times like Winter or Spring break to work on areas like Behavioral Science or Biochemistry. Many find that working on Anatomy and Physiology integrates well if they review by system, reviewing these foundation areas as they encounter systems in their 2nd year Pathology course. Because you can select test content by system or by subject, any approach will work well with Qbank.

Did anyone out there use both Kaplan and USMLE world? Many students at my school utilized both and I was curious what you all thought. Thanks!

I've heard alot of great things at Qbank and I would like to start using them along with 2nd year classes. Sign me up for Qbank!

Judy-
what's the best way to utilize Qbank along with the Kaplan home study series?

Judy-
what's the best way to utilize Qbank along with the Kaplan home study series?
The home study books are a great resource. Because the Qbank allows you to select the organ system (or subject) composition of each practice test, you can begin using it once you finish an area. Then, as you move forward, begin also taking occassional mixed subject, timed, tests that are a mix of all reviewed areas. This has multiple benefits: you keep using reviewed content, so you forget less. You get used to the random mix and pacing of the real exam. And, you have more realistic performance data on your ever growing, test readiness. This is the optimum way to use the Qbank.

I honestly do not know how someone deserves to win this drawing more than me. I was filling out a question so I could be entered in the drawing when I hear my brother yell, "Tim what are you doing?" (Tim is my uncle who is staying at our house for the night) My brother continued to laugh uncontrollaby. I walk downstairs and my uncle is sleepwalking, taking a piss on my couch! The same couch I was about to go watch TV on. I believe after having to deal with things like this I deserve a copy of the book! This is really a true story. (Do you honestly think I could have come up with this if it was not?) I should get some kind of scholarship to med school for having to be raised in Tennessee! I hope this is the last experience like this I will have to deal with while enjoying some SDN. The End.

I've heard good things about qbank. How many questions are there total? I've heard about the clinical vignette q's. Is this fairly new? Please enter me into the Qbank Step 1 raffle.

Last edited:
I'm planning to prep for both exams. I'll take the USMLE world but was also considering taking the qbank for kaplan usmle or comlex. what do you recommend?

please enter me for the raffle as well.

Last edited:
Please enter me into the Step 1 QBank raffle. Thank you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.