VERY late interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supa

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's going on with Meharry? I just got an interview invite TODAY for April 21st!!! Are they serious? How is it that schools can sill be interviewing that late? Even if I get accepted it'll be probably in be late May/early June. They might have well have sent me a waitlist invitation. Anybody else got interviews that late?

Members don't see this ad.

Tufts April 17th

I'm currently "in a group from which interviewees will be chosen from" at Vermont. I'm not expecting much action there... Why are some places so slow?

Members don't see this ad :)
univ. Miami sent me some choices going from april 3rd to the 28th. I'm pretty sure these interviews will be for the waitlist at best.

SLU for May 9th....and it's my FIRST U.S. interview!

scotttennis said:
I'm currently "in a group from which interviewees will be chosen from" at Vermont. I'm not expecting much action there... Why are some places so slow?

I had been in that category for a LONG LONG time so I finally called and they sent me a rejection email the next day... at least I received some closure on the issue. I think they are done interviewing at this point.

supa said:
What's going on with Meharry? I just got an interview invite TODAY for April 21st!!! Are they serious? How is it that schools can sill be interviewing that late? Even if I get accepted it'll be probably in be late May/early June. They might have well have sent me a waitlist invitation. Anybody else got interviews that late?

I have one at Meharry on the 13th and one the day before at Jefferson. Better late than not at all I suppose...

RxnMan said:
As listed elsewhere, I got an invitation for the 19th at Albany yeasterday.

I have one at Meharry on 28th of april.......................I dont know whats going on? I didnt even send any letter of rec.

interviewing at NEOUCOM April 17... but they told me it's for the waitlist... :(

dude I JUST got one like two hours ago from UCI! Hooray! Supposely they only interviewed through March too...(rant on)so whats going to happen I am going to go on waitlist forever? When will I know whats going to happen? I was planning to move in July for a post bac! (rant off)
So if anyone here is waiting for interviews, there.is.still.hope.

I just got invitation today from SLU for May 2nd !!! I havnt got an acceptance in hand yet so I dont care if it's for waitlist or not. I'm definitely going :D

supa said:
was it through email/call/snail mail???

Nas23 said:
If you interview late April/early May, do schools notify you of your decision before May 15th?

Not necessarily. One school I interviewed at (Oregon) isn't even planning to notify the majority of their entering class until ~May 15th. But the waitlists will move fast around then, so I wouldn't sweat it too much.... if you nail the interview you'll still have a shot!

:luck:

Yeah! I have been invited to interview at Meharry on the 20th of April.