VMCAS APPLICATION

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PellsBells93

OSU College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2020!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting any responses back from VMCAS so I would like to know anyones thoughts on how to pursue this. For entering coursework it makes you choose quarter or semester system. Lucky me, my college started as a quarter system and then switched to a semester system. I mostly was on a semester system. I can't find a way to do both in the application. Do you think it's okay to just keep semester and then put three semesters in for the first year when I was technically on quarter system?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome to SDN! There have been a good number of concerns about entering experience on VMCAS, and there is lengthy discussion about the application process in the Class 220 Applicant thread. :)

Frankly, as an Ohio State student who has one degree on quarters and one degree on quarters and on semesters, I just decided to hand over the coursework to their transcript entry service. I suppose what you've suggested doing would work, but you should still call and see if they have any better suggestions. If anything it gives you a way to complain about yet another stupid way in which they've actually made the application system even more user unfriendly.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Okay I will try calling. I tried filling out there if you have questions and just keep getting an email saying they are having high volume, reply yes if you still need help... Ive replied yes at least twice and still havent had any help. I really didnt want to spend more money on something I should be able to do

Definitely call, I did yesterday and they were super helpful! I was on hold for about 20 minutes but well worth it because you don't want to enter them wrong then hold up the processing of your application.

I called, I waited quite awhile but I got all my questions answered. :)