waitlisted in nyu in caapid 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I dont know why they said the waitlist is not moving when we see people on teh forum getting accepted. Dr. Mejia has been out for a long time. so its strange how come the waitlist has paused now. I hope things get better for all othe

The people who got accepted including me ...the letter was posted before dr mejia went on leave.....so plz guys dont loose hope waitlist should move after may 5th as she is one who gives the final decision. Also meanwhile you can send any academic updates you might have to the school. I know someone who got accepted 3 days before orientation thats how unpredictable things are. best of luck!!

Members don't see this ad.

Do you know if they accept ppl who don't have USA visa from wait list?

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:: :soexcited:
waitlist is moving guys, just got call from mara

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! Do you know if they called any one else?
i dont have any idea regarding that. but she told that she is leaving early today. but i think they will call more soon.
All the best for all who are waiting. and hope everyone gets their dream call.

Congrats can you please share your stats and visa status with us and did u did anything extra after getting wait listed and wat about the loan process did u had your paperworks ready

Congrats can you please share your stats and visa status with us and did u did anything extra after getting wait listed and wat about the loan process did u had your paperworks ready

part 1- 87/ toefl 95/ 3.69
permanent resident
i was ready with most of the paperwork.

Hey Molar,
Congratulations on getting a call from NYU. Its a sense of achievement. I am on waiting list and hoping to get a call too. I was wondering if you can tell me the date you were interviewed to NYU..
Was it in March ?

Most of the paper works means what after fafsa hav applied fafsa they said it has been process and what shall I do know please help

i mean fafsa. Also, if we are on waiting list what are the things we need to worry about apart from security deposit.

congrats dear ...i just pmed you before i saw this message ....but great news .....:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Molar,
Congratulations on getting a call from NYU. Its a sense of achievement. I am on waiting list and hoping to get a call too. I was wondering if you can tell me the date you were interviewed to NYU..
Was it in March ?
it was in feb.

Can anyone tell me how much is the tuition fee for each semester ?

You should check out their website. I think its roughly about 80,000 a year and its 3 year program, that's without living expenses. This program is on the higher end .... Plus living in NYC isn't cheap either...

Hey has anyone else heard anything ? or is anyone in contact with the school?

Hi guys, I got acceptance letter from nyu. I was waitlisted. I dont know what to say but have trust in lord. let them know how interested you are by emailing them. I thought I should share this so posting my comment

Congrats TASPA. did they mail you or call you? also can u share yor stats plz

Congrats TASPA. did they mail you or call you? also can u share yor stats plz

they called me. You could see my in earlier posts for my stats. Dont mind. Keep your hopes up:thumbup: let me know if you need any further info. pm me

Thanks TASPA. U r right I shouldn't loose hope but I was interviewed in march so I kinda have little to no hope. I think they will call people from feb batch not march. Anyways thanks again.

This is status 86/3.42/100, interviewed in march. Green card holder and waitlisted :( Is there any hope to get a call?

Last edited:
Thanks TASPA. U r right I shouldn't loose hope but I was interviewed in march so I kinda have little to no hope. I think they will call people from feb batch not march. Anyways thanks again.

I know you AmT. You are from my batch. Dont loose hope. You'll get through :)

Is everything over or are there still chances for the ones in waitlist

I'm guessing its done. There wouldn't be enough time to get things done, unless you have a visa and money. So maybe there is a chance for some.
You never know!
Time for plan B !

Any news guys please keep this forum active as far as i know the waitlist didnt moved since last tuesday anyone in contact with the office with new updates

I called Mara last week she said they ve selected all the candidates. It's now the matter of time who/if so done drops out. So I think they r done.

Thanks a lot but there are some ppl with loan rejections etc visa issues

That's why Mara said during interview anything can happen til last days even. Just sit and wait. Its only couple weeks left .

There are quiet a few ppl whose loan applicatn is pending

Were u guys interviewed in march or feb?

No movement today is it over for all of us

Yes but of no help they are saying they are full until someone drops

so its basically us three desperately want to be in NYU which is good :) Vancitydentist, caapid and myself Amt :) I hope things work out for us :)

I think there are alot of ppl but not everyone comes on sdn, its alot to do with luck as well. Seems so far the waitlist didn't move much this year...

But there are always chances till the last day

Hey guys.. have faith in GOD.. I recieved a call from Mara. I have been accepted. But I already declined, since I got into two two year programs. Anyway, keep calling her .. you never know, atleast one of you might get your dream call :)

Thanks nsp for updating :) and congratulations :)

I think i should thank you nsp....as the same day(16th may) i got call from mara and got acceptance....guys still nothing to loose. keep your hopes alive and trust urself.....i knw all these things are not easy to follow as just 2 days ago i was in the same situation, but never loose confidence and hopes....so still there are slim, but there are chances....good luck to everyone.

Congratulations on ur acceptance :) when were u Interviewd ? And can u share ur stats plz :)

Are you guys thinking in applying to NYU 4 years or its not feasible to do so?? I am not hoping to get acceptance any more....