WAMC for FM residency. any other advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tranquility_DO

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! i recently posted on an old wamc thread in the FM thread and was hoping if i post here, itll reach more people. I'm pretty nervous for this upcoming cycle and wanted to get some advice since my stats arent the best. see below:
  • Level 1: 47X
  • Level 2: 46X
  • no step 1 or 2.
  • 3H, 4HP and 2P in 3rd year rotations
  • 4th quartile (pretty much dead last in my class)
  • no failures/repeat and no other red flags/LOA
  • 3 LOR (1 peds, 2 FM) and 2 pending FM letters (one of them is an APD at a program i did a sub-i at). My LORs will likely be pretty generic.
i'm applying to all community programs in cali, wa, nv, az, ohio, ny, nj, pa and ky. it's probably going to be around 100+ apps. i finished 1 sub-i and will be doing 2 more soon. Ideally, i'd like to match back in cali since that's where im from, but i'm willing to go anywhere.

are there any other places you all suggest? is there anything else i should to to maximize my chances of matching?
thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

You'll be more than fine as long as you don't have any red flags. 100+ is probably overkill, but I get it if you don't want to take any chances.

You'll be more than fine as long as you don't have any red flags. 100+ is probably overkill, but I get it if you don't want to take any chances.
thanks for the reply! yea i dont have any red flags like LOA or repeats/failures on boards, classes, and comats. maybe 100 is an overkill but i think i wanna play it safe since i can always decline interviews later on.