WAMC interview/accepted into MD program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1007245

First post on here:

I graduated last May 2019 with a B.S in Chemistry.
GPA: 3.7
1st MCAT(2018): 499
2nd MCAT(2020): 518
Extracurricular Activities:
-Shadowing(approx. 100 hours)
-Medical clinic Volunteering(approx 150 hours)
-3 semesters of independent organic chemistry research; currently working in research lab with chemistry advisor
- Currently working as a CNA at UNC hospital

I applied October 2018 to a few medical schools(all out of state) with the 499 MCAT score (bad decision on my part to apply with this score)
This coming summer, I will be applying to all in state schools( Brody, UNC, Duke, Wake Forest) as well as a bunch of out of state schools

Just from skimming my above stats, does anyone think I'll have a chance of getting an interview and possible acceptance from at least one school? Pretty desperate at this point and just want to get accepted somewhere. Any input appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ultimately you are better served if this gets moved to the WAMC subforum and you reformat your information according to the template:

First post on here:

I graduated last May 2019 with a B.S in Chemistry.
GPA: 3.7
1st MCAT(2018): 499
2nd MCAT(2020): 518
Extracurricular Activities:
-Shadowing(approx. 100 hours)
-Medical clinic Volunteering(approx 150 hours)
-3 semesters of independent organic chemistry research; currently working in research lab with chemistry advisor
- Currently working as a CNA at UNC hospital

I applied October 2018 to a few medical schools(all out of state) with the 499 MCAT score (bad decision on my part to apply with this score)
This coming summer, I will be applying to all in state schools( Brody, UNC, Duke, Wake Forest) as well as a bunch of out of state schools

Just from skimming my above stats, does anyone think I'll have a chance of getting an interview and possible acceptance from at least one school? Pretty desperate at this point and just want to get accepted somewhere. Any input appreciated. Thanks.
Yes. Chances best with the NC schools. Have DO schools on your list as well.

My suggestions to follow