WAMC/School List - 3.89/520 Re-App

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aragorn0815

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What's different since your first application? Do you have any community service that doesn't involve tutoring? I am guessing your coaching may not be enough for many schools, but I'm not sure why you got an R.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Which schools did you apply to ?
Harvard
Dartmouth
Brown
Boston University
Tufts
Yale
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Columbia
Cornell
Rochester
Pittsburgh
Jefferson
Case Western
Ohio State
Cincinnati
U Virginia
Emory
USF Morsani
Vanderbilt
Washington University (in St. Louis)
St. Louis
Northwestern
U Chicago
U Michigan
Western Michigan
Colorado
Mayo
Kaiser
USC Keck
UCLA
UCSF
UCI
UCSD

What's different since your first application? Do you have any community service that doesn't freak with tutoring? I am guessing your coaching may not be enough for many schools, but I'm not sure why you got an R.
Accumulated hours from my job and volunteering at the hospital. I started a different coaching gig than before submission and hospice volunteering. I have been trying to start volunteering with a local homeless shelter but it has been very slow getting back to me and trying to onboard. Regarding the R, I think I could have done better on the interview.

I am surprised you did not receive more interview with your stats. Post your new MCAT score here when available.

Accumulated hours from my job and volunteering at the hospital. I started a different coaching gig than before submission and hospice volunteering. I have been trying to start volunteering with a local homeless shelter but it has been very slow getting back to me and trying to onboard. Regarding the R, I think I could have done better on the interview.
So did your clinical experience go from around 570 completed hours in June 2022 to around 2000+ hours today? That is a big difference and should lead to more interest in your app.

Have trusted eyes review all your written materials as there could be a problem with them as well.

Did you straight up fail to check the boxes last time...maybe something like 0 volunteering? Your application looks great on paper. At this point...either there's a red flag like an IA or bad LoR, or you were simply very unlucky.

Did you straight up fail to check the boxes last time...maybe something like 0 volunteering? Your application looks great on paper. At this point...either there's a red flag like an IA or bad LoR, or you were simply very unlucky.
I had the non-clinical mentorship and coaching from above. I can not think of anything that would constitute an IA but I will reach out to my previous LOR writers to discuss.

The R from Cincinnati suggests interview issues since they do MMI. How did you prepare? The other lack of responses suggest lack of mission fit but something else might be an issue.
I looked over some suggested common MMI questions and practiced with some other applicants but I do admit that during the actual interview I performed relatively poor.

No longer needed, got off the WL! Thank you all for your help!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users