Waterloo Optometry 2013 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ok, cool!

Members don't see this ad.

Haha, nope. It doesn't look like it. This upcoming weekend is gonna be painful.:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys!

I don't know if anyone else is up at the moment!
BUT I've just checked Quest and accepted my offer!
They've just released offers this morning at 8!

Cheers! :D

Last edited:
CONGRATS GUYS!

I have been admitted as well! Conditional offer since i'm still finishing taking some prereqs!

CONGRATS GUYS!

I have been admitted as well! Conditional offer since i'm still finishing taking some prereqs!

All offers will be conditional based on maintaining a certain gpa!

Congrats everyone, looking forward to meeting you all next year!

Congrats!! I'll be joining you guys in Sept as well! Admitted!

Current Education level : Masters
OAT score : (390 TS/ 370 AA)
GPA: ( 3.6 out of 4.0 )
Optometry Experience: Shadowed one OD for a day
EC: Volunteered at various Guelph/Waterloo multicultural events, OGS, PGS, SGEA (from Masters)

Omg accepted here too!!!
Congrats everyone <333 see you soon!!!

Congrats MrTea and Annie!:D - do you think you could post your stats for future applicants?

Congrats to you and everyone else too!
I would like to post my stats, but I actually don't have them all memorized!
But as soon as I get access to my desktop, I'll post it up for everyone! :)

Congrats everyone! We're looking forward to meeting you all next year!
We've made a facebook group so you guys can start getting to know your classmates -
University of Waterloo Optometry - Class of 2017! (http://www.facebook.com/groups/261322574002506/)

Good luck to those still waiting to hear!

WOOOO ACCEPTED AS WELL :D
congrats to everyone

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats guys!

I unfortunately haven't heard anything back. Doesn't seem to be looking to great on my end, but we will see.
Do any of you know how long it took for people on the waitlist to get a spot in the class last year?

Congrats to everyone! I got accepted as well :) my stats aren't so good but here they are:

Current Education level : Bachelors
OAT score : (370 TS/ 370 AA)
GPA: ( 3.6 out of 4.0 )
Optometry Experience: Shadowed one OD for a day and another for a couple of months
EC: various clubs in school, worked a few summers

Unfortunately I didn't get accepted, but congrats to the class of 2017!
I'll be off to the US :)

Here are my stats for future applicants though:

Current Education level : BSc (Honors)
OAT score : (330 TS/ 350 AA)
GPA: 3.5/4.0
Optometry Experience: Volunteered for 2 optometrists for 4 months; Worked as a receptionist for an optometry clinic for 2 years; worked at a high-end optical store for 4 months.
EC: volunteering, few clubs, etc (the normal EC lol)

Good luck to all future optometrists :D

P.S. it was my 2nd attempt

Waitlisted #25.
Looks like I am going to Boston then!
Congrats to everyone who got in!

Waitlisted #9 but I'm going to Berkeley. Congrats to everyone!

Hey Everyone,

Congrats to everyone who got in! I'm #4 on the wait list. I've heard they normally move through the wait list a bit each year so I'm waiting it out. I've been accepted at ICO and paid to hold my spot, but I would choose Waterloo over ICO if they call me. For those of you who got accepted, but have other choices before Waterloo and are going to reject Waterloo, PLEASE post it on the forum! If anyone knows when other schools (medicine, pharm, dentistry) send out acceptances please let me know. THANKS :)

For those of you who are moving off to the U.S to study.
Have you guys calculated how much money it will be?
Im currently emplyed as a ophtho tech and getting my certification but I want to see if its worth it for me to get my undergrad and work towards optometry. The main thing about it all is having a fallback!
thanks!

I'm accepted!!! That was the happiest day of my life!

For future applicants, here are some of my stats:

OAT: 350 AA / 360 TS
GPA: Like 3.8 or 3.9? My average is 90%.
Optometry Experience: Job shadowed an optometrist for 6 months, and another for a few weeks. Worked as a receptionist/pretester/sales associate at an optometrist office for 4 months.
EC: Choir, tour guide, off campus housing, orientation week volunteer, some past musicals/bands, a whole bunch of academic and non academic awards. Worked in 3 different labs.
I really just tried to fill every single box in my application.

Last edited:
Accepted :)

My stats:
OAT: 380 AA / 400 TS
GPA: 3.98 (4.00 scale)
Optometry Experience: Optometric Assistant for 6 months at time application would have been received
EC: intramural soccer team captain, president of university modern dance collective, volunteering at the hospital / for animal shelter, worked in a bio lab 3 years during school + various research jobs in summers

Hello to ALL accepted students,

Is there a time limit for you to accept Waterloo's offer?

Thanks

3 weeks after they released the offers, so april 1st i believe

Hey Active X

I expect there to be some movement most likely in May as medschool acceptances come out. I would check the previous forums from 2012 cycle and 2011 cycle to see when others started to come off the list.

Good luck! What number are you?

The list is indeed moving! I got an email from them about a week ago saying 2 people had declined Waterloo and my number would be shuffled up by 2.

Hey Active X

I expect there to be some movement most likely in May as medschool acceptances come out. I would check the previous forums from 2012 cycle and 2011 cycle to see when others started to come off the list.

Good luck! What number are you?

Thanks! I started at 10, and I did get the email saying they took the first 2 so now I guess im 8. I just wanted to know if there has been any changes since the email lol, but it seems awfully quiet here compared to previous years hmm...

Congrats on everyone who's been accepted!

To those of you Canadians going off to the states to study - are you guys planning on returning to Canada to practice? Is it difficult to come back to practice in Canada?

has anyone from the waitlist received a call other than the first two people? As well, is anyone who has been accepted planning on declining their admission offer? Please let me know! :)

Hey I'm currently 2nd on the wait list and I haven't heard anything yet. Trying to be patient.

compared to the last 3 years, this year is looking a lot slower. I hope the phonecalls all come at once or something!

Yeah no kidding, getting pretty nervous. I'm 3rd on the list. Hopefully we'll know by the end of the month. I would have thought there would be more movement with med school admissions. Hope you get a call soon EyesonWaterloo!

Got the call today :) I was number 5. Good luck all other waitlisters!

gratz eyeguy! I hope the list keeps moving the way it has lately...anyone have any idea if its moved since # 5?

Got the call today :) I was number 5. Good luck all other waitlisters!

Good news Eyeguy - Will meet you in the fall!

Good luck to the rest of you who are waiting on the wait list.

Just curious if anyone knows what position the waitlist is at now? schools coming! :(