WCVM c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ahh! I can't sit still waiting for the interview invites to go out. Is anyone else a second time applicant?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I assume nobody has heard back yet? When I hear early April I immediately become hopeful for the first week :lol:

Reactions: 3 users
I assume nobody has heard back yet? When I hear early April I immediately become hopeful for the first week :lol:

How do we hear? Do we just check the portal or is there an email sent?

I don’t know how much longer I can wait

Members don't see this ad :)
How do we hear? Do we just check the portal or is there an email sent?

I don’t know how much longer I can wait
I think it's an email they send out!!

Reactions: 1 user
53C04FAC-45DC-47C0-A772-02364ADEBD80.png
Did you guys see this?

Reactions: 2 users
Omg that's great news!! Big steps for WCVM and UCVM this year!

Are there still non ipa seats or are these 20 additional seats?

Are there still non ipa seats or are these 20 additional seats?
Great question! I would imagine they can't just remove the 20 non-ipa seats for this upcoming year because we've already applied for them 🤷

I feel like this will delay BC's interview invites. They now have to interview 40 more people. Such great news, BC needs more vets so bad.

Great question! I would imagine they can't just remove the 20 non-ipa seats for this upcoming year because we've already applied for them 🤷
hopefully they send out an email or something regarding this! concerning for those who did apply for them.

I'm just curious if anyone else is in the same boat as me or if anyone can help me from spiralling a bit hahaha... I am from BC originally but did my undergrad at the UofS and went through the lengthy process of changing my residency to SK to increase my odds. I was so close to interviewing last year but decided to change my residency because the BC pool was getting more and more competitive even if I was close to an interview and it didn't seem likely that we were going to get more funding/seats. I know BC desperately needs more seats, but I'm feeling super discouraged and frustrated now that I changed my residency. I can't help but feel like my odds would be better in BC vs SK now that there are double the number of seats ... and now the SK seats may even be more competitive because of the large animal only seats. I think I'm just super anxious to hear for an interview and now feeling kinda discouraged hahah, just thought I'd see if anyone else is in the same boat as me!!

I'm just curious if anyone else is in the same boat as me or if anyone can help me from spiralling a bit hahaha... I am from BC originally but did my undergrad at the UofS and went through the lengthy process of changing my residency to SK to increase my odds. I was so close to interviewing last year but decided to change my residency because the BC pool was getting more and more competitive even if I was close to an interview and it didn't seem likely that we were going to get more funding/seats. I know BC desperately needs more seats, but I'm feeling super discouraged and frustrated now that I changed my residency. I can't help but feel like my odds would be better in BC vs SK now that there are double the number of seats ... and now the SK seats may even be more competitive because of the large animal only seats. I think I'm just super anxious to hear for an interview and now feeling kinda discouraged hahah, just thought I'd see if anyone else is in the same boat as me!!
I mean I don't know anything but I feel like if you were super close to an interview in BC then your chances of getting an interview in Sk are good! Apparently the cut off here is usually around 83%...? I guess just hang in there? It would probably be worth an email to admissions tho
You got this :)

Members don't see this ad :)
LMAO I literally cackled at that email. I feel like AB students should get a refund for this cycle.

LMAO I literally cackled at that email. I feel like AB students should get a refund for this cycle.
That email was such a letdown. I saw the sender was WCVM and got super exited thinking it was an interview invitation...🙃

That email was such a letdown. I saw the sender was WCVM and got super exited thinking it was an interview invitation...🙃
I am super happy that BC students are getting funding and AB students have better shots at UCVM as well however I don't think it's fair to have 25 seats for non-ipa listed in the application manual and then basically tell AB students there is a 0% chance of acceptance after already paying the application fee and potentially taking extra courses.

I am super happy that BC students are getting funding and AB students have better shots at UCVM as well however I don't think it's fair to have 25 seats for non-ipa listed in the application manual and then basically tell AB students there is a 0% chance of acceptance after already paying the application fee and potentially taking extra courses.
Yeah, I am super happy for the BC students, just can't sit still hoping for that invite email.

I saw the notice and am to put it lightly, gob-smacked! I am sorry for those it is disruptive to your plans, but it is a good sign for the industry in western Canada. And what do you think, will it only apply for this year?

I saw the notice and am to put it lightly, gob-smacked! I am sorry for those it is disruptive to your plans, but it is a good sign for the industry in western Canada. And what do you think, will it only apply for this year?
Definitely strange that it seems like a one-time commitment so far. Additionally it would have been nice to increase seats although funding them is nice it doesn't solve the shortage. Maybe BC will consider funding the creation of a new school there.

My MB interview invite for first round as been set out :) good luck everyone !!!

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know how many people are being interviewed in BC?

Does anyone know how many people are being interviewed in BC?
I'm not 100% sure, but judging that they usually interview double the # of people that they plan to accept, I'd estimate around 80 people in total? I'm a first time BC applicant as well so I'm sitting on the edge of the chair waiting for those invites now.

Hey y'all! I just got my first round interview invite for BC. Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to everyone getting interview offers! Does anyone know if the offers are spread out over days? Or would I assume that for Bc they are all sent out today and if I don’t get one, then I wait until second round?

Congrats to everyone getting interview offers! Does anyone know if the offers are spread out over days? Or would I assume that for Bc they are all sent out today and if I don’t get one, then I wait until second round?

I just confirmed with Shauna that all first round invites were sent out today.

I'm guessing first-round invites are for applicants who are finished school and have full transcripts available due to the portal message saying they are awaiting final grades to send second-round invites?

I'm guessing first-round invites are for applicants who are finished school and have full transcripts available due to the portal message saying they are awaiting final grades to send second-round invites?
They interview the top 20 people by grades first round, then the next 20 for second round.

I just received my specific interview date and time by email! It's updated on the portal too, and we have to click agree for the confidentiality agreement to proceed.

Hi there,

I am a first time applicant from Manitoba but I did not go to U of M or U of S so I don't know anyone applying this cycle. I ended up getting a first round interview which is super exciting but like y'all, I'm very nervous about it! So I was just wondering if anyone who also has an interview coming up would like to do some mock interviews as practice. I've been advised to do something like this by multiple people as it's great practice! If you're interested shoot me a message!

They interview the top 20 people by grades first round, then the next 20 for second round.
Actually Heather debunked this and this was also discussed in the Q&A session I attended. Apparently it is based on completeness of courses and prerequisites, not solely on grades. Source: I was ranked 27th in grades last application round and was still offered a first round BC interview.

Eek, I got a second-round interview for BC today!
Good luck to everyone who has already and is waiting to be interviewed.

Reactions: 6 users
I got one too! Congratulations
Congratulations!! Can I ask you what was your average? I am waiting for mine but unfortunately my average is low due to a slow start during the first 2 years in Uni.

Congratulations!! Can I ask you what was your average? I am waiting for mine but unfortunately my average is low due to a slow start during the first 2 years in Uni.

I also didn’t have a great start but I was able to bring my overall average up to about a 78%. I know that is lower than the usual cutoff for interviews so I’m pretty happy!

I also didn’t have a great start but I was able to bring my overall average up to about a 78%. I know that is lower than the usual cutoff for interviews so I’m pretty happy!
That’s so awesome! Good luck in your interview. I’m guessing the cut off has changed significantly because of the additional seats?

Has anyone from MB received their second-round interview invite yet? I'm still waiting and starting to lose hope.

Has anyone from MB received their second-round interview invite yet? I'm still waiting and starting to lose hope.
You can message Heather to see if they are out! They haven't updated the portal yet so there is still hope.

Received my interview invitation today! Will happily take any advice :giggle::nailbiting:

Good luck to everyone with interviews this week!

• Care
Good luck today everyone!
I am sure we are all a little scared that it is (maybe) decision day, but we have all worked hard and that doesn't change no matter the result.

MB offers are out! I'm so excited to meet everyone in the fall! ;)

Accepted from BC, I'm so excited to meet you all!!

Ah, not me, but I do know everyone who got a seat is worthy of it :)

• Care