WedgeDawg's Applicant Rating System (Updated Jan 2017)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nah. It's still called the LizzyM score, because the generalized version isn't any different from the classical version. WedgeDawg provided a specific correction term. All listed in my signature :D

He meant the system from this thread, not the new MCAT correction

Members don't see this ad.

Nah. It's still called the LizzyM score, because the generalized version isn't any different from the classical version. WedgeDawg provided a specific correction term. All listed in my signature :D

I think we should hyphenate it.

Members don't see this ad :)
He meant the system from this thread, not the new MCAT correction

He quoted my post about the correction

I think we should hyphenate it.

Meh, if you want, but it really isn't different. If the score was like a quadratic equation or a logarithmic equation or something funky, then sure.

I rather would stick with the @efle Percentile Transform until LizzyM provides a more suitable metric few years from now. I just kept it because the new format looks nice.

This gave me false hope, lol. Unfortunately, all the ECs in the world won't overcome my stats so I'm only applying to categories 5,6,7 rather than the suggested 1,2,3 :rolleyes:

I do appreciate the nod to a "well-rounded" applicant though.

Reactions: 1 user
Can confirm: positive interview-ARS score correlation :thumbup: Might be interesting, for research purposes, to poll SDN and ask about positive and negative correlative effects.

Scored myself at a 41... no wonder I'm not hearing back from anyone lol... Although as a non-URM who attended a state school and doesn't have an upward trend in their GPA the highest I can go is an 83

wow this makes me really bummed out D:

Don't know if someone else has mentioned this or not, but you might want to think about adding a section for military experience (it's own, separate section.) Possessing veteran status has an effect on an application that is unlike anything else, including being a professional athlete and whatnot.

Members don't see this ad :)
wow this makes me really bummed out D:

It puts me at tier C, and I was being very conservative. The thing is.... I literally dont have a single MD II yet so this system obviously doenst work for me.

It puts me at tier C, and I was being very conservative. The thing is.... I literally dont have a single MD II yet so this system obviously doenst work for me.
Still too early in the cycle. Come back if you don't have an interview by Thanksgiving and we'll figure out where you might have done better.

Reactions: 4 users

Homeslice I know you're super stressed out about this and people have probably told you this before, but it's still very early. Yes other people with your stats have gotten interviews, but that doesn't mean you won't a month or two from now.

Still too early in the cycle. Come back if you don't have an interview by Thanksgiving and we'll figure out where you might have done better.

Yes, indeed. Thanks!

Homeslice I know you're super stressed out about this and people have probably told you this before, but it's still very early. Yes other people with your stats have gotten interviews, but that doesn't mean you won't a month or two from now.

Yea, I hope so. I probably should be getting practice through all these DO school interviews right now anyways. My first interview was a stressful panel interview lol.

Just for perspective, I didn't have a single II at this point in the cycle last year either. I wouldn't have for at least another week.

Reactions: 2 users
Also, users should keep in mind that this system isn't meant to predict where you will get interviews. It is to be used as a tool to give you the best chance at getting interviews at the best schools you can.

Also, users should keep in mind that this system isn't meant to predict where you will get interviews. It is to be used as a tool to give you the best chance at getting interviews at the best schools you can.

This was really intriguing. On my own, I seemed to have applied to the schools your list recommended. Of course, I could apply to a higher school, or two. Thinking maybe trying Keck or Hofstra.

I think this is a brilliant tool. Two questions, however:

1) "Chicago" under Category 1...is that the University of Chicago?
2) Where would HBCU medical schools (Meharry, Morehouse, Howard) fall...Category 4 or 6?

I think this is a brilliant tool. Two questions, however:

1) "Chicago" under Category 1...is that the University of Chicago?
2) Where would HBCU medical schools (Meharry, Morehouse, Howard) fall...Category 4 or 6?

1. Yes, Pritzker

2. If you fit their mission, they would probably fall under the state school category. Same with Loma Linda.

well. 4 out of my 16 schools are low yield schools and i had no idea :/ i knew GWU received 10k applications so, i wasn't getting my hopes up there, but i didn't realize the other 3 schools were also considered low yield. i applied to enough Category 4 schools as a Level B applicant that I think i'll be okay, but it is disheartening to realize that i may have picked the wrong schools to apply to. we'll see.

Latest version is 1.2.1 (Released 6/23/15) - changes are in red

6/23/15 Edit: New Excel document has been uploaded for version 1.2.1 (attached to OP).

Introduction

As some of you may have seen, I've recently been pioneering a new system that helps applicants figure out where they stand with respect to medical school admissions as well as giving them a place to start when it comes to creating a school list. My system is a comprehensive algorithm that takes into account all of the major (and some of the minor!) factors that go into building a successful application! This post aims to elucidate the process by which this method scores an applicant as well as get community input on the algorithm to attempt to strengthen it even more.

When I first started building this system, I used a google doc spreadsheet to make notes and create the initial versions of some of the formulas that go into this program. In order to do this, I scored myself, other applicants I knew in real life, and many applications I found in the What Are My Chances (WAMC) forum to adjust rating scales to try and create a generalized model that placed applicants into appropriate discrete categories.

Once I had my initial quantitative rating system in place, I wrote a Python script that allowed me to easily score an applicant based on factors normally included in their WAMC thread and which gives the output that I normally post in these threads. This is the point at which I started posting in threads as well to see how well my formulations matched up with community suggestions.

Finally, after some more tweaking, I created a comprehensive Excel document that contains instructions, qualitative descriptions of each factor that are then reduced to a numerical score, a place to input score values and receive a score in addition to a category level and school breakdown, and a page that displays which schools are in which categories. This document is available for download.

I will go through each of these factors in this post to articulate how they fit into the overall scoring paradigm as well as solicit input from the SDN community about how to increase the accuracy of this system.

The LizzyM System

This system was originally created as a supplement to, not a replacement for, the already widely-utilized LizzyM scoring system. As a reference, the LizzyM score is defined as (GPA*10)+MCAT and may contain a +1 or -1 modifier in certain situations. The applicant's LizzyM score is then compared to the LizzyM score for a school to determine whether or not the applicant is statistically competitive for that school. However, the inherent simplicity of the LizzyM score, while making it quick and easy to generate and apply, also creates problems endemic to systems that reduce and generalize. The two major simplifications are the reduction of an entire application to two (already numerical) metrics and the assumption that the LizzyM score accounts for the majority of, if not all of, the variability attributed to selectivity.

While there is merit to these assumptions, which is why the LizzyM score is so widely used, there are also deficiencies that need to be addressed in order to create a more accurate system for assessing an application. One of these deficiencies is that certain schools with similar LizzyM schools may be in very different levels of competitiveness. For example, although UVA and Duke have identical LizzyM scores, it is clear that Duke is a much more selective school than UVA. Additionally, small differences in LizzyM score become significant when using this metric to assess competitiveness for two similar schools. For example, Duke has a LizzyM score of 75, while Yale has a LizzyM score of 76; both schools are similarly selective, but someone might (very mistakenly) advise a applicant with a 3.9/36 that they are more competitive for Duke than they are for Yale. Finally, the LizzyM score is used as a way to tell if someone is statistically competitive for a single school and is significantly less useful for helping an applicant come up with a list of schools.

The Applicant Rating System - Overview

The WedgeDawg Applicant Rating System (ARS) was created to address these deficiencies. It takes into account most of the factors that make up an application to medical school, gives an applicant a separate score for each one, and then gives an applicant a numerical rating. This numerical rating is then translated to a category level and a profile of schools to apply to is created based on that category.

One of the major assumptions of the ARS is that applicants can be broadly classified in terms of competitiveness into one of 6 categories. Within these categories, distinctions between applicants are might lower than the differences between applicants that are in separate groups. Much of the variability that occurs between two applicants in the same group comes from subjective parts of the application that are not taken into account here, namely the personal statement, letters of recommendation, secondary essays, and their interviews. Because the purpose of the ARS is to create a starting point for a school list, these factors are not yet relevant. Indeed, the ARS does not assess where an applicant will be accepted; rather, it determines the best collection of schools for the applicant to apply to maximize chances of success at the best schools realistically possible.

The following factors are taken into account by the ARS:

1. GPA
  2. MCAT
  3. Research
  4. Clinical Experience
  5. Shadowing
  6. Volunteering
  7. Leadership and Teaching
  8. Miscellaneous
  9. Undergraduate School
  10. Representation in Medicine
  11. GPA Trend
Each of these categories is assigned a score that corresponds to the strength of that portion of the application, weighted, and then summed together. The formula is as follows:

ARS Score = (Stats*5)+(Research*3)+(Clinical Experience [9, 5, -10])+(Shadowing [6, -5])+(Volunteering*2)+(Leadership and Teaching*2)+(Miscellaneous*3)+[(Undergrad-1)*3]+[(URM-1)*7]+[(Upward Trend-1)*4]

This score is then translated to one of 6 categories that applicants are grouped into, which are designated Levels S, A, B, C, D, E in decreasing score order. The score thresholds are as follows:

• Level S: 85
  • Level A: 80
  • Level B: 75
  • Level C: 68
  • Level D: 60
  • Level E: 0
Note that the score is not out of 100 - it is in fact out of 121 if all factors are assigned the highest possible score. However, the raw number means very little when compared to the actual Level assigned to the applicant. Each level has its own profile of schools to apply to which are not parsed out by individual score.

School Categories and Applicant Profiles

Schools are similarly grouped into 7 broad categories by basis of selectivity. The categories are as follows:

Category 1 (TOP): Harvard, Stanford, Hopkins, UCSF, Penn, WashU, Yale, Columbia, Duke, Chicago

Category 2 (HIGH): Michigan, UCLA*, NYU, UWash*, Vanderbilt, Pitt, UCSD*, Cornell, Northwestern, Sinai, Baylor*, UNC*, Mayo, Case Western

Category 3 (MID): Emory, UTSW*, UVA, Ohio State, USC-Keck, Rochester, Dartmouth, Einstein, Wake Forest

Category 4 (LOW): Stony Brook, Vermont, Rush, SLU, VCU, Creighton, EVMS, NYMC, Albany, Commonwealth, Florida IU, Loyola/Stritch, RFU, SUNY Downst, VA Tech, Loma Linda, Quinnipiac, Oakland, Western MI, Cooper, Hofstra, MC Wisconsin

Category 5 (STATE): Your state schools if they do not appear elsewhere on this list - You should always apply to all of these if applying MD

Category 6 (LOW YIELD): BU, Brown, Georgetown, Temple, Jefferson, GWU, Drexel, Penn State, Tufts, Tulane

Category 7 (DO): DO Schools

Application profiles give the total number of schools an applicant should apply to in addition to the % of each category that should make up the total. Table 1 shows the score ranges, percentage of schools by category, total number of schools, and whether or not the applicant should apply to Category 6 or 7 schools. State schools should always be applied to if the applicant is applying to any MD schools.

TBZCcEn.png

RDExzik.png

Figure 1 shows the proportion of school list by category for each applicant level. Note that Level E applicants should only be applying to DO schools, as shown in Table 1.

Scoring Methodology

This section will delineate each of the metrics used to score an applicant in all of the categories mentioned previously. The multiplier for the score will also be shown, as well as the score cap for the section.

Stats

Score Cap: 10
Multiplier: 5

The stats section is determined by a combination of MCAT and GPA. However, it is different from the LizzyM system in that scores are grouped into larger groups that then determines the Stats score for the applicant. This is because when using the LizzyM system, an applicant with a 2.9 and a 40 will be as competitive as someone with a 3.9 and a 30, while this is not true in practice (generally the latter will be more competitive). The LizzyM score appears to be less accurate at the extremes.

Table 2 shows how to determine an applicant's Stats score based on their MCAT and GPA. The number given in the table is the Stats score assigned.

iQdtnfI.png

This table was developed by a combination of Tables 24/25 published by AMCAS that gives an applicant's chance of success with certain MCAT and GPA as well as by individually looking at how applicants with certain combinations of GPAs and MCATs fared. Median, 10th, and 90th percentile GPAs and MCATs for schools in each category were also looked at when compiling this chart. GPA is averaged over all applicable fields - undergraduate sGPA, undergraduate cGPA, post-bac GPA, graduate GPA.

Score conversion percentiles were taken from the old MCAT percentiles chart (2012-2014) and the new MCAT percentiles chart (2015). The percentage of the old MCAT score was used as the floor for the percentage for the new MCAT. So if 24 was 40th percentile, 25 was 42nd, 490 was 39th, 491 was 40th, and 492 was 41st, then 24 would correspond to 491-492.

Research Experience

Score Cap: 5
Multiplier: 3

Level 5: Significant, sustained research activity. Generally, applicants in this category will have a first author publication, publication in a high-impact journal, and/or solo presentation of their own, original work at a major conference. These are the research superstars who are performing work well beyond the level of an undergraduate. PhDs will generally fall into this category, too.

Level 4: Significant, sustained research activity, generally for at least 2 years. Applicants in this category may have a poster presentation, a middle author publication in a medium- or low-impact journal, an abstract, or a thesis. These applicants have a strong research focus and perform research above the level of the average undergraduate.

Level 3: Moderate research activity, generally for a year or more. These applicants generally don't have publications or presentations, but may have completed a project.

Level 2: Slight research activity, generally for less than a year.

Level 1: No research activity.

Clinical Experience

Note that clinical experience can be volunteer or non-volunteer experience.

Score Cap: 3
Multiplier: +9, +5, -10 (by Level)

Level 3: Significant, sustained clinical experience, generally for well over a year. These applicants have demonstrated a strong commitment to clinical endeavors and have exposure in a clinical setting well beyond the average applicant.

Level 2: Moderate clinical experience, generally for well under a year. These applicants have adequate/sufficient exposure to clinical activity.

Level 1: Slight or no clinical experience.

Shadowing

Score Cap: 2
Multiplier: +6, -5 (by Level)

Level 2: Adequate shadowing or greater

Level 1: Slight or no shadowing experience.

Volunteering

Note that this section takes into account both clinical and non-clinical volunteering.

Multiplier: 2

Level 3: Significant, sustained volunteering activity, generally over a long period of time, in one or multiple organizations. May also be working with marginalized or disadvantaged groups or in uncomfortable settings.

Level 2: Some volunteering activity, generally with low-to-moderate levels of commitment or sustained activity.

Level 1: Slight or no volunteering experience.

Leadership and Teaching

Multiplier: 2

Level 3: Sustained, significant teaching and/or leadership experience. This category includes applicants who teach grade school students, go on a teaching fellowship, have TA'd or tutored for long periods of time, are the head of a major organization, or have other equally demanding responsibilities.

Level 2: Some teaching and/or leadership experience, often with low-to-moderate levels of commitment or sustained activity.

Level 1: Slight or no leadership or teaching experience.

Miscellaneous

Score Cap: 4

Level 4: Highly significant life experiences or achievements that are seen as outstanding and contribute maximally to personal and professional development. This may include Rhodes scholarships, world class musicianship, professional or Olympic athletics, significant or sustained meaningful or unique work experiences, or anything else outlandishly impressive.

Level 3: Moderately-to-highly significant life experiences or achievements. This includes other terminal graduate degrees such as PhDs or JDs, military or Peace Corp service, as well as intense involvement with a unique or meaningful non-medical activity.

Level 2: Minimal-to-moderate involvement in personal activity or work experience. This may include major personal hobbies or athletics, musicianship, or other experiences.

Level 1: Nothing else to add.

Undergraduate School

Score Cap: 3 (really 2, 1, 0, but that's taken into account in the formula already)

Level 3: Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Stanford, MIT

Level 2: All other "prestigious" or highly selective schools including other Ivies, Caltech, Duke, etc

Level 1: All other schools

Representation in Medicine

Score Cap: 2 (really 1, 0, but that's taken into account in the formula already)
Multiplier: 7

Level 2: Underrepresented in Medicine (URM)

Level 1: All other

GPA Trend

Score Cap: 2 (really 1, 0, but that's taken into account in the formula already)
Multiplier: 4

Level 2: Upward trend

Level 1: No upward trend

Discussion

There are a few problems associated with the ARS. First, it's tied mostly to MD applicants - it breaks down for people primarily applying to DO schools. It also doesn't have a real way to evaluate the competitiveness of MD/PhD applicants (or Lerner/Cleveland Clinic applicants). Second, it obviously does not take into account subjective factors such as how one talks about their experiences and it assumes that certain groups of applicants will be similar enough to group them based on an almost arbitrary cut-off (which could be contested). Finally, it does not have a great way of scoring people with multiple but very disparate GPAs (such as 2.9 undergraduate but 3.95 graduate).

Overall, this is just a tool for applicants to analyze themselves and figure out how to create a balanced school list that will offer them the optimal chance of success. I hope that it will not turn into a "check-box" machine where applicants will tailor their activities to try and "game" this system. Remember that it is not my system that is ultimately evaluating an application, it is a group of adcoms who do so through a process far more nuanced than this one. This is just a way to get an "at a glance" view of an application after it has been built. It is my hope that new applicants will use this system to help them construct a school list that is at the same time realistic and geared toward making them as successful an applicant as possible.

I would like community feedback regarding the algorithm in general. I will leave this thread up for a few days for people to comment, and then I will release an Excel spreadsheet that contains the most up-to-date information and algorithm so that people can very easily use it to rate themselves and others rather than having to do the math themselves. Thank you very much for reading and I hope that this becomes a useful metric for the SDN community and beyond.

How about Fulbright?

Category C here. Interestingly enough, my Wedgedawg ARS is almost identical to my LizzyM Score - EC's gave it an extra boost. So far my list looks about right too.

I'm a Canadian applicant - Let's see if it holds true for the internationals vying for a U.S. medical school spot. :)

If this catches on, could the low yield schools end up getting fewer applications? We could end up on some Deans' sh1t lists. ;)

Haha, there would have to be an enormous number of people taking this into consideration to substantially impact the number of applications these schools get, so probably not :p

Though that would be quite funny if it did happen

Haha, there would have to be an enormous number of people taking this into consideration to substantially impact the number of applications these schools get, so probably not :p

Though that would be quite funny if it did happen
But if it did, then they wouldn't be low-yield anymore, and the recommendation would change and...:boom:

I find it humorous that people have such a problem with this, but turn around and use the LizzyM score without a second thought.

This is an awesome tool, and another way of "getting a feel" of how to apply to medical school. You all need to calm down. The OP never said the tool was perfect.

Everyone complaining about data mining and whatever... I'm sure they did that for the LizzyM score, too. :smack:

I agree; it is not wasted on me. It will be interesting to see how further surveying pans out. What is strongly verifiable is a different matter. As a tool and guide, it has organizational value. Much respect @WedgeDawg. :thumbup:

Hi Wedgedawg - I think I remember @LizzyM mentioning that number of languages spoken is a plus in the holistic review of the applicant, especially if one of those languages is Spanish. Where do you think that would fall in your rating system, if at all?

Hi Wedgedawg - I think I remember @LizzyM mentioning that number of languages spoken is a plus in the holistic review of the applicant, especially if one of those languages is Spanish. Where do you think that would fall in your rating system, if at all?

By itself, Spanish is helpful when learning and practicing medicine but it (or any other languages) won't really factor into whether you're admitted or not.

Hey WedgeDawg, I'm not sure if anyone brought this up yet but what are your thoughts on applicants aspiring to practice in rural underserved areas, or wanting to go in to primary care? Do you think that would play a role in your admissions rating system at all?
Example being myself. I've grown up and done all my undergrad and EC's in the same rural area, would love to return here to practice, and have a strong interest in primary care.

Hey WedgeDawg, I'm not sure if anyone brought this up yet but what are your thoughts on applicants aspiring to practice in rural underserved areas, or wanting to go in to primary care? Do you think that would play a role in your admissions rating system at all?
Example being myself. I've grown up and done all my undergrad and EC's in the same rural area, would love to return here to practice, and have a strong interest in primary care.

Varies by school and program within schools and may not even factor into decisions, particularly since many students change their minds about what specialty they want to go into during medical school. I wouldn't really consider it an admissions factor except in very very specific instances.

Is applying to schools that are lower than your score to the extent that you wrote "do not apply" bad? If I apply to DO schools with B+/A- tier stats, will I get ignored because they think I won't matriculate? Well, i'm more concerned about Tier 6, like Tufts, Drexel, Temple, Etc.

Is applying to schools that are lower than your score to the extend that you wrote "do not apply" bad? If I apply to DO schools with B+/A- tier stats, will I get ignored because they think I won't matriculate?

I don't necessarily think you'll be ignored, but unless you have a compelling reason to want to attend there, why waste time and energy?

It's not bad, it's just not efficient.

Wow, I wish I had seen this before I finalized my school list... My LizzyM is 75, and my WARS score is 87, which makes me an S-Level, but just barely, so I probably should have applied somewhere between what is suggested for an S-Level and A-Level. The suggestions go pretty well with my school list, and even serve as a decent predictor for the II's I got so far (I guess I could still get a few more since some of my secondaries weren't submitted until mid-August):
*Updated as of 12/6/15

Category 1: 4 applied - 2 II
Category 2: 8 applied - 7 II
Category 3: 7 applied - 4 II
Category 4: 0 applied
Category 5: 1 applied - 1 II
Category 6: 2 applied - 0 II (2 rejections)
Category 7: 0 applied

Total: 22 applied - 14 II

I have been very pleasantly surprised by the number of Category 1+2's that have given me IIs. Now that the process is going so well I kind of wish I had skipped some of the Category 3's in favor of more 1+2's...but I still feel like there's really no way to predict when it comes to Top-20 schools. I also definitely wish someone had warned me about Category 6! I wasted 2 applications!

@WedgeDawg Overall I think your formula would have provided great suggestions for me personally, had I seen it before applying. Honestly, probably would have helped me improve my list more than my pre-health advisor did. Just decided to give you that aggressively specific breakdown because I am into this whole school analysis type thing, aaand seems like you are, too. Awesome work on this whole WARS thing. Definitely impressive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
S-level applicant (>100) here with a top heavy list.

I applied to
Category 1: 10
Category 2: 10
Category 3: 4
Category 4-6: 4

So far only schools in my region sent me interview invites.
I feel prestige of undergrad plays a more important role than my expectation.

Last edited:
The revised version ranks me much more appropriately :(
The recommendations did end up matching the list I came up with (through much WAMC collaboration and help from adcoms) pretty closely, too.

Has anyone proposed calling this the WARS score yet?
Second response to the OP, yup!
I love this, of course. I think it'll make its mark very quickly in WAMC threads, and indeed the pilot version already has.

While you called it ARS, I'm going to recommend calling it WARS, WedgeDawg Applicant Rating System, if for no other reason than so we can think of it as Wedges Above Replacement.

I like the flow of the full phrase 'WARS score' though!

Reactions: 2 users
Nice rating system. I have a few questions:
ARS Score = (Stats*5)+(Research*3)+(Clinical Experience [9, 5, -10])+(Shadowing [6, -5])+(Volunteering*2)+(Leadership and Teaching*2)+(Miscellaneous*3)+[(Undergrad-1)*3]+[(URM-1)*7]+[(Upward Trend-1)*4]

Was the miscellaneous category supposed to be (Miscellaneous-1)? Because otherwise you get 3 free points for nothing.

Also, is Brown University (Warren Alpert) really Category 6? As in not very selective? That's kind of shocking to me because Brown is an Ivy League school and I would have assumed that it would be a lot more selective than that.

Nice rating system. I have a few questions:

Was the miscellaneous category supposed to be (Miscellaneous-1)? Because otherwise you get 3 free points for nothing.

Also, is Brown University (Warren Alpert) really Category 6? As in not very selective? That's kind of shocking to me because Brown is an Ivy League school and I would have assumed that it would be a lot more selective than that.

Hi

So you're right, you do get 3 "free" points, but the scaling is such that those 3 points don't actually matter. Could I make it (Misc-1) and adjust everything else? Sure, but you'd end up with the exact same result. I'm glad to see that you're looking at it critically and with attention to detail though, so thank you for that!

Brown is in Category 6 which is the "Low Yield" group. This doesn't mean "not very selective", it means that you have a lower chance of being granted an interview or acceptance due to one or more of factors such as a an extremely high number of applicants, extremely low number of interviews granted, or things like that. So really, these schools are exceptionally selective and are not great uses of time for stronger applicants.

I calculated my score to be ~72 (tier C), and here's my II breakdown so far:

Tier 2: 1
Tier 3: 1
Tier 4: 2
Tier 5: 3
Tier 6: 2

Category C here. Interestingly enough, my Wedgedawg ARS is almost identical to my LizzyM Score - EC's gave it an extra boost. So far my list looks about right too.

I'm a Canadian applicant - Let's see if it holds true for the internationals vying for a U.S. medical school spot. :)

Let me know.. I'm Canadian also and WARS brings me down (if I'm being fairly stringent) to about ~68 (level C) whereas my LizzyM is around 73 at the low end (I have a new MCAT score of 522 so I'm being strict in converting). I am definitely non-trad, and research heavy.. not sure how that's gonna work out for me. Applied to 27, although waiting to see if I get a few more secondaries.

Let me know.. I'm Canadian also and WARS brings me down (if I'm being fairly stringent) to about ~68 (level C) whereas my LizzyM is around 73 at the low end (I have a new MCAT score of 522 so I'm being strict in converting). I am definitely non-trad, and research heavy.. not sure how that's gonna work out for me. Applied to 27, although waiting to see if I get a few more secondaries.

Oh ok nice. Good luck with the rest of the cycle and I'll definitely be sure to give a heads up.