Were you a cool kid in middle school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Were you a cool kid in middle school?

• No. I was one of the weird ones.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • No. I was one of the nerds.

Votes: 39 19.4%
  • I was a loner.

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • I was just normal.

Votes: 38 18.9%
  • I was relatively cool.

Votes: 36 17.9%
  • I was definitely cool.

Votes: 30 14.9%
  • I was the teacher's pet.

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • I was the rat.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Pokemon being cool in high school? Man, how old are you? Pokemon was at its coolness peak when it first came out, back when I was in elementary school.

I think he's a non-trad so when pokemon was out he was in highschool whereas trad students would've been in 5th grade or so.

Pokemon

Members don't see this ad.

Fortunately (as far as coolness goes especially) I went to Catholic school when I was younger. It was uniforms, no gameboys allowed at recess, etc so everyone was on an even playing field. Things were good, I was definitely known and being crushed on (at? who knows that was the lingo used) by an older girl... Big news haha

Hell yeah I was cool in middle school. It's obviously nothing to brag about but it cracks me up looking back at it. I was so "cool" that I had more high-school friends than middle school ones. Because of this I think I matured too fast; by my senior year I was the most boring kid you could find.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't quite remember. I started middle school in the 80s. :smuggrin:

I can't quite remember. I started middle school in the 80s. :smuggrin:
:eek:

You must be like, 50 or 60 years old by now! (not sure what the exact number is, I failed middle school math)

:eek:

You must be like, 50 or 60 years old by now! (not sure what the exact number is, I failed middle school math)

Dude, she's like 72 - show some respect for your elders!

angry%20old%20person-thumb-200x239.jpg

:smuggrin::thumbup:

I was a nerd but also attractive. Therefore, the cool guys would have crushes on me, but then their friends would make fun of them because I was a nerd and then they'd change their mind. "You're hot!" "No just kidding you're a loser!! :p" Happened a lot. Then in freshman year of HS I was sexually harrassed by some seniors in the halls and at lunch, but I was so naive/innocent/nerdy that I didn't realize it. I'm still a nerd magnet. I only joined this forum after I guy I interviewed with started a thread asking me out on a date.

I was a nerd but also attractive. Therefore, the cool guys would have crushes on me, but then their friends would make fun of them because I was a nerd and then they'd change their mind. "You're hot!" "No just kidding you're a loser!! :p" Happened a lot. Then in freshman year of HS I was sexually harrassed by some seniors in the halls and at lunch, but I was so naive/innocent/nerdy that I didn't realize it. I'm still a nerd magnet. I only joined this forum after I guy I interviewed with started a thread asking me out on a date.

I remember this. Nice. :laugh:

Hell no. Skipping the drama is not a terribly great way to gain friends at that age. Also, I was a "mathlete." Need I say more?

I got kicked out of Mathletes in 7th grade, so I must have been cool.

I got kicked out of Mathletes in 7th grade, so I must have been cool.

I can top that. I got kicked out of the choir in 7th grade.
It did serve as a good way to go on frequent escapes from the rigor of 7th grade classroom curriculum to instead
pursue the adventures intrinsically found in field trips with a population of ~95% girls...

However, they got tired of me skipping practice and gave me the cut.

Such is life.... Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do

i was annoying and for the most part hated in middle school. adored my last 2 years of high school and just average in college.

oh $%!& I've been so busy honing my mad yoyo-ing and hackey skills for the past 13 years I forgot to feed my tamagotchi! My mom always told me to take better care of my pets... Now I might not get to watch DBZ after school, and she could even ban me from AIM and prevent my pog trading attempts for my friend's sick doorknob hammer. Still hoping for that sega dreamcast too

Let's see, I discovered RPGs and spent most of my time dungeon crawling and leveling up my guys. Morrowind was basically my 8th grade year. I was into anime a lot too (still am.)

I was hella awesome as a middle schooler.

Whether or not my peers were aware of this is another matter.

i was pretty dope in middle school. i hung out with honors kids who did semi-ok (but also a few smart dudes to keep me doing great), so you know they were legit cool (but had enough restraint to not be ****-ups). yea so i played a lot of videogames and basketball and **** and just chilled. i had the maximum amount of fun while keeping my A's up. at the same, i was able to maintain neutral/good relationships with jocks/nerds/you name it.

Last edited:
I was always on the fence, got along with all the groups so never really worried about specifically being "cool".

Oh, it's nothing personal against any of you guys. It just makes me feel ancient.

In all truth, I am constantly impressed by traditional students. I definitely did NOT have the motivation and dedication to be premed at 18, 19, 20... So in short, props to you youngin's. I better go get back to my knitting and water aerobics. :p

just wanted to say, teddy bear doc, that your avatar rocks. hyperboleandahalf? best blog EVER. i love alots!

Omgosh middle school for me was amazing! I actually think I was more popular in MS than in HS.

I can top that. I got kicked out of the choir in 7th grade.

I also got kicked out of honors chorus (aka choir) when I was in middle school because I decided that it was more important to wait in line to ride the Alpengeist than it was to go compete at Busch Garden's pavillion with the rest of the chorus.

But yeah, I wasn't a cool middle schooler. I had to wear a cummerbund for crying out loud. Oh well, at least I looked relatively cooler when I joined stage crew in 9th grade...

Heck no. Middle school was traumatizing for me. I wasn't good at any sports and I was the shy skinny guy, so I was an easy target for bullies. Hated every day of it.

Never did I leave the house without worrying about getting bullied.