What are some good cultural diversity continuing education options? Bonus if they are related to neurodevelopmental disorders and children.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

borne_before

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanting to improve in this area.

Members don't see this ad.

Which culture? Which subculture? In which geographic group and age group? There are a bunch of them.

Not for CEUs (though just as- if not more- relevant than some of the stuff I see) I started taking Spanish classes a few years ago. ~80% of my clients from bilingual but primarily Spanish speaking families. Hard to do the "I" part of DEI when you can't communicate effectively.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Which culture? Which subculture? In which geographic group and age group? There are a bunch of them.

I want a CEU on the neurocognitive function of left-handed, 3rd-generation east Timor refugees that live in Suffolk County. I'm only interested in the most granular diversity training that I can find.

I want a CEU on the neurocognitive function of left-handed, 3rd-generation east Timor refugees that live in Suffolk County. I'm only interested in the most granular diversity training that I can find.
Well, it’s not like the Hmong would get included in a training for “all Midwesterners”.

Well, it’s not like the Hmong would get included in a training for “all Midwesterners”.

No doubt. We actually have a good amount available here, given the numbers. And, I am all for general cultural outlines. More just being facetious as the level of specificity that I see in some things that either talk about things of which there are no real differences between groups, or are so specific as to not be useful except in very limited circumstances.

No doubt. We actually have a good amount available here, given the numbers. And, I am all for general cultural outlines. More just being facetious as the level of specificity that I see in some things that either talk about things of which there are no real differences between groups, or are so specific as to not be useful except in very limited circumstances.
No doubt. Most neuropsych articles have used this population specificity to create statistical significance. It’s a trick that is ruining the literature.

Reactions: 1 user