What are the best children's hospitals in Australia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cardsurgguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Basically I'd like to know what are your places that you'd consider great children's hospitals; analogous to the US and Boston Children's or Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

I've heard the Royal Children's Hospital in Melbourne is good. But that's the only one I really know.

I'd like to eventually do a rotation either in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth (if time her permits me to do this), but feel free to list hospitals not in these cities.

Members don't see this ad.

Basically I'd like to know what are your places that you'd consider great children's hospitals; analogous to the US and Boston Children's or Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

I've heard the Royal Children's Hospital in Melbourne is good. But that's the only one I really know.

I'd like to eventually do a rotation either in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth (if time her permits me to do this), but feel free to list hospitals not in these cities.

In Sydney there are Westmead Children's Hospital, and Sydney Children's Hospital at Randwick. The former is affiliated with USyd and the latter with UNSW.

Good luck

RCH (in Melbourne) - one of the world's elite hospitals for children

Was there for a rotation (as a student) and it was gd!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, the RCH in Melbourne seems to be the best - they publish some guidelines that are used by other hospitals around Australia as well.

I guess Westmead in NSW would be next in line

If you are looking at Perth then Princess Margaret Hospital for children (PMH) is the main one (only one?) here.

They are closely affiliated with the Telethon Institute who do research into childhood illness and the like. If your into research then this would also be a bonus.

Hope to see you around perth!!! :p

If you are looking at Perth then Princess Margaret Hospital for children (PMH) is the main one (only one?) here.

They are closely affiliated with the Telethon Institute who do research into childhood illness and the like. If your into research then this would also be a bonus.

Hope to see you around perth!!! :p

+1 for RCH...seriously if I wanted to do Paediatrics I'd love to work there...I've been using their guidelines for study, and I've even seem some of the registrars printing them off.