Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This should be a hot subject...

Members don't see this ad.

Foreign Policy: Moderate, slight liberal lean

Gay Rights/Social Issues: Extremely Liberal

Healthcare: Moderate with a conservative lean (conservatives want to cap malpractice lawsuits). I have no view on the affordable care act, it has some negative and some positive aspects.

Police State/Big Government: Somewhat libertarian, somewhat liberal.

Education: Liberal

Taxes: Liberal/Progressive (yes, I know, odd coming from a future doctor) :laugh:

Abortion: Pro-choice

Affirmative Action: Moderate. It's okay sometimes, other times it just gets out of hand.

Euthanasia: Freedom of choice as far as I'm concerned. As long as it is done under medical supervision and proper psychiatric evaluations have been completed.

Guns (Hot topic right now): No clear view. Still trying to make up my mind. See if you can convince me to go one way or the other ;)

Environment: Liberal - Energy: Moderate

Immigration: Liberal

Social Security: Moderate

Death Penalty: I don't think it's necessary.

Marijuana: A costly prohibition. I support legalization.

Stem Cell Research: Liberal

Did I support Obama or Romney: Obama for the sole purpose that Romney was a complete ***** and even though I don't particularly like Obama I think Romney would have been much worse.

This should be a hot subject...

My mother always said if you want to stay friends with people, always avoid discussing politics and religion. :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Foreign Policy: Liberal

Gay Rights/Social Issues: Liberal

Healthcare: Conservative for sure

Police State/Big Government: Libertarian

Education: Vouchers

Taxes: Conservative

Affirmative Action: Against

Euthanasia: Patient's Autonomy

Guns (Hot topic right now): Liberal

Environment: Liberal

Death Penalty: Abolition

Marijuana: Legalization

Gay Rights/Social Issues: Defiantly Liberal

Healthcare: Conservative. I hate malpractice suits.

Police State/Big Government:Liberal

Education:Liberal, I like knowing that I can receive financial aid.

Affirmative Action: Liberal

Euthanasia: Honestly, this makes me incredibly uncomfortable to think about.I mean there's stories of people with terrible terminal cancer who make it out. I think they should seek a lot of doctors opinions.

Guns: Conservative. I mean guns should be more regulated, but not regulated to the point where they're practically illegal. The NRA only represents a small minority of gun owners, and many just join to have access to shooting ranges.

Death Penalty: Depends, If you murder people voluntarily (not a car accident) It would help. Our prisons are over crowded.

Marijuana: Nope.

I feel like I came off as cynical, haha sorry If I did.

I went in Alphabetical Order and expanded :D

Abortion: Liberal
Church and State: No Preference
Death Penalty: Liberal
Economy: Liberal
Education - vouchers & charter schools: Conservative
Embryonic Stem Cells Research: Liberal
Energy: Liberal
Euthanasia & Physician-assisted suicide: Classified :cool:
Global Warming: Liberal
Gun Control: Conservative
Healthcare: Liberal (Everyone deserves equal healthcare)
Homeland Security: Conservative
Immigration: Conservative
Marijuana: Legalized
Private Property: Conservative
Same Sex Marriage Don't support it but can live with it
Social Security: Liberal
UN: Liberal
War on Terrorism: Conservative
Welfare: Liberal except for Long-Term

Obama or Romney: Obama

All my Views (Hopefully that's not too much info :p)

How about... Republican?

:cool:

I don't know about you guys, but I want to get a gun as soon as I turn 21.

Meeehh, I kinda want to for defense, but I really don't know if ever in a situation where I needed it, I could use it. (Religious reasons).

don't care, citizens wil never have a true say in gov imo. Everything's run by $$$ behind the scenes

Members don't see this ad :)
Why have a view when corporations and lobbyists have politicians in their back pocket.
Foreign Policy: AIPAC owns that. lol
Military complex has more say than the American people.
Votes don't matter.
Unlimited amount of money is provided for campaigns to hand pick winners at the highest bid.
And the media is a pure joke owned by the same sector of people that controls the big banks. (Zionists)

My views.

Foreign Policy: Moderate

Gay Rights: Moderate (I don't actively support nor oppose gays but don't force your beliefs on me or acuse me of being a bigot just for being neutral as some have done)

Social Issues: Moderate but lean towards liberal.

Healthcare: Conservative

Police State/Big Government: Moderate

Education: Moderate but lean towards liberal.

Taxes: Moderate

Abortion: Conservative (However, if for the mother's life, abortions should be allowed)

Affirmative Action: Conservative

Euthanasia: Liberal

Guns: Conservative (Not everyone in NRA is crazy.)

Immigration: Moderate but lean towards Conservative

Social Security: Moderate but lean towards Liberal

Death Penalty: Moderate

Marijuana: Conservative (Unless for medical purposes, marijuana would simply be used recreationally and I oppose using drugs of any sort for non-medical purposes.)

Stem Cell Research: Moderate (Only for medical and life saving purposes. There are ways to acquire stem cells without killing off an embryo.)

Gay Rights/Social Issues: Defiantly Liberal

Healthcare: Conservative. I hate malpractice suits.

Police State/Big Government:Liberal

Education:Liberal, I like knowing that I can receive financial aid.

Euthanasia: Honestly, this makes me incredibly uncomfortable to think about.I mean there's stories of people with terrible terminal cancer who make it out. I think they should seek a lot of doctors opinions.

Guns: Conservative. I mean guns should be more regulated, but not regulated to the point where they're practically illegal. The NRA only represents a small minority of gun owners, and many just join to have access to shooting ranges.

Death Penalty: Depends, If you murder people voluntarily (not a car accident) It would help. Our prisons are over crowded.

Marijuana: Nope.

I feel like I came off as cynical, haha sorry If I did.

S/he's liberal with attitude! :laugh:

Yeah, I'm very liberal on social/domestic policy but I have a lot of problems with frivolous money spending. ^^

S/he's liberal with attitude! :laugh:

Yeah, I'm very liberal on social/domestic policy but I have a lot of problems with frivolous money spending. ^^

Hahah, not really I just don't like governments and business' being run the same way. Like I change my political views basically everyday so that's just how I was feeling at the time haha.

Hahah, not really I just don't like governments and business' being run the same way. Like I change my political views basically everyday so that's just how I was feeling at the time haha.

:thumbup: Last year I considered myself conservative on most issues. Now I'm getting more liberal. Especially on social issues.

:thumbup: Last year I considered myself conservative on most issues. Now I'm getting more liberal. Especially on social issues.

That was my transition from HS into college. I started off moderate-conservative but became quite liberal, especially on social issues. It's funny how you grow and change during the late HS-college period.

Foreign Policy: Conservative

Gay Rights/Social Issues: Conservative

Police State/Big Government: Conservative

Education: Conservative

Abortion: Personally would never have one (no matter what), therefore Pro-Life.

Euthanasia: Against

Guns (Hot topic right now): Conservative

Environment: Conservative

Social Security: Conservative

Death Penalty: Against

Marijuana: Against

Stem Cell Research: Against

Foreign Policy: Conservative

Gay Rights/Social Issues: Conservative

Police State/Big Government: Conservative

Education: Conservative

Abortion: Personally would never have one (no matter what), therefore Pro-Life.

Euthanasia: Against

Guns (Hot topic right now): Conservative

Environment: Conservative

Social Security: Conservative

Death Penalty: Against

Marijuana: Against

Stem Cell Research: Against

Wow. Conservative on everything except the death penalty.

What should we do about North Korea? Should we get out? Should we continue to back South Korea with our military? Should we just straight up nuke 'em?

What should we do about North Korea? Should we get out? Should we continue to back South Korea with our military? Should we just straight up nuke 'em?

I'm not the least bit worried about N. Korea. They're like the little kid that threatens to bring a gun to school to hurt someone. In this case the knife being a nuclear weapon.

No, we shouldn't nuke them. Our government plans to install new missile defence systems in Alaska and California in the upcoming decade. And I don't think China would allow North Korea to disrupt the trillion dollars in trade it has with the US. Especially since the country has a growing middle class that expects the economy to continue growing.

I don't even know why I asked the question. Even if NK declared full out war on the US we could have their country under our control within days.

My mother always said if you want to stay friends with people, always avoid discussing politics and religion. :laugh:

I think religion is worse. Seriously things get too personal every time somebody mention god.

I think religion is worse. Seriously things get too personal every time somebody mention god.

Unless you're atheist, and you don't give two ****s what people think about you and you don't give two ****s about other people's religion.

Yeah, but I believe that although a lot of people may say they don't care what other people think of them, more often than not they really do :laugh:

Yeah, but I believe that although a lot of people may say they don't care what other people think of them, more often than not they really do :laugh:

For me religion is neutral. I'm personally not religious, but I respect other people's beliefs.

Unless you're atheist, and you don't give two ****s what people think about you and you don't give two ****s about other people's religion.

I'm atheist and people are free to believe what they want, sometimes people come and start questioning me about being atheist and I just remain quiet .

I was talking about atheist friends debating with religious friends and since that moment their friendship started falling. I guess is common in USA too.

I'm atheist and people are free to believe what they want, sometimes people come and start questioning me about being atheist and I just remain quiet .

I was talking about atheist friends debating with religious friends and since that moment their friendship started falling. I guess is common in USA too.

Being atheist in America is an arduous trait to handle.

Foreign Policy: Non-intervention, Neutrality

Gay Rights/Social Issues: Gays are people too and thus must have same rights

Healthcare: Keep private

Police State/Big Government: Libertarian

Education: Against expansion of public education

Taxes: No more taxes

Abortion: Pro-life

Euthanasia: Patient and Family Decide

Guns: Need some degree of regulation

Environment: For a clean environment but against EPA

Immigration: Legal immigration only way in

Social Security: Keep status quo

Death Penalty: Abolish Completely

Marijuana: Legalization, should be treated as matter of health not justice

Stem Cell Research: Fine with it

Okay, I just want to say I am a very liberal person. So...

Healthcare: Liberal Liberal Liberal x100

Police State/Big Government: Liberal

Taxes: LIBERAL

Abortion: Conservative

Affirmative Action: Conservative

Euthanasia: Liberal (which says it is okay as long as it is the patients choice whom is terminally ill)

Guns (Hot topic right now): Liberal

Environment: Liberal if we are talking about global warming

Immigration: Ok, let me explain this one. I'm liberal mostly, but only if they were a minor when they entered should they receive educational and health benefits such as financial aid, welfare, medicaid... etc.

Social Security: Liberal to moderate

Death Penalty: Conservative

Marijuana: Do not legalize

Stem Cell Research: Conservative as far as embryonic stem cell research

Hey guys, I know I've been gone a long time, and a lot of things have changed, I'll post at a later date about that, but anyway, so I was writing a paper for English on my beliefs and noticed that a lot has probably changed since, and even though I was the last person to do this, I'm going to do it again.

Ok. Let me start out by saying that I'm a Progressive Democrat. Wikipedia it if you want, but basically anti-war, pro obamacare/ gov. run healthcare, pro legalization of drugs (and no I don't do drugs, if anyone wants me to further explain my views on that, I will sometime in the future), and we want to reduce oil and fossil fuel dependence).

Ok, religiously. woooh, this probably not anything you've heard before. I am a Christian, but I believe in science and evolution. I am a theistic evolutionist. I also dont believe that you have to be legally bound to someone for sex to not be a sin. Think about it, marriage in 1 AD and previous did not mean the same as it does today. I also support the LGBT community, but that is not an issue I'm going to explain my beliefs on today.

Ok here we go:

Healthcare: Liberal Liberal Liberal x10000

Police State/Big Government: Liberal

Taxes: super lib

Abortion: pro-choice

Affirmative Action: ehhh, i'm on the fence as of now

Euthanasia: liberal

Guns (Hot topic right now): Super lib.

Immigration: Ok, let me explain this one. I'm liberal mostly, but only if they were a minor when they entered should they receive educational and health benefits such as financial aid, welfare, medicaid... etc.

Social Security: liberal

Death Penalty: Pro! One of the only issues I agree with the conservatives on

Marijuana: legalize

Well let's see here, I'm about as Conservative as one can get on just about every issue besides gay rights. I believe in individual freedom and liberty, states rights, extremely limited government, and I'm a proud owner of an infamous "assault rifle". AR-15 :thumbup: . Guns are the single most important issue to me, and I love my guns more than anything because they represent freedom to me.

I'm a slightly liberal moderate. I'd consider myself socially liberal and fiscally conservative. I'm also an atheist.

Foreign Policy - moderate, don't need to get involved a lot but we need a strong presence in the world for our national security

Social - slightly liberal, I don't like gays but if you want to get married go ahead

Healthcare - moderate, gov't provides for poor, private companies available for middle/upper classes

Big Government - conservative

Education - liberal, go public schools

Taxes - I believe in a 15-20% flat tax regardless of income, no exemptions

Abortion - only before 8-10 weeks

Affirmative Action - remove it completely

Euthanasia - liberal, if you want to... go for it

Guns - conservative

Environment - moderate, needs regulation but not too much

Immigration - no amnesty but greatly expand legal immigration quotas, moderate

Social Security - conservative, make it optional, only those who put in get $ out

Death Penalty - very conservative, if you get convicted you get hung the next day

MaryJ - legalize but ban usage in public places, driving impaired, basically have the same regs as alcohol

Stem Cell research - liberal

Welfare - conservative, remove it completely for all able-bodied people, gov't should provide way more jobs

Social - slightly liberal, I don't like gays but if you want to get married go ahead

Healthcare - moderate, gov't provides for poor, private companies available for middle/upper classes

Taxes - I believe in a 15-20% flat tax regardless of income, no exemptions

Welfare - conservative, remove it completely for all able-bodied people, gov't should provide way more jobs

I'd just like to quickly share my thoughts. Also, why don't you like gays?

Healthcare: Okay, I think that's a good idea until you get into that fine line between poor and middle class.

Taxes: So if I am a single mother with an income of $12,000 that I should lose 2,400 of that right off the bat. Yet, money bags 20% ain't but a thing to him. It creates unfair wealth distribution. So, no, just no. That would not be good for anybody but the rich and the rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer.

I'd really like to discuss the welfare one with you right now but I really don't have time, but tomorrow I will.

Taxes: So if I am a single mother with an income of $12,000 that I should lose 2,400 of that right off the bat. Yet, money bags 20% ain't but a thing to him. It creates unfair wealth distribution. So, no, just no. That would not be good for anybody but the rich and the rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer.

Because it punishes people for being successful. Also, it definitely makes sense to take money from those who provide all the jobs so they can produce less, and use that money to support the people they had to lay off?

Either way the main issue isn't taxes themselves, people don't want to pay them because the government is so irresponsible with the money.

I'd just like to quickly share my thoughts. Also, why don't you like gays?

Healthcare: Okay, I think that's a good idea until you get into that fine line between poor and middle class.

I'd really like to discuss the welfare one with you right now but I really don't have time, but tomorrow I will.

Healthcare: the middle class of course don't have to buy private insurance. If the gov't can create an insurance system that outcompetes the privates at a lower cost, then the free market will speak.

The uber rich often pay very little taxes through exemptions. Bill Gates paid 6% a year or so ago. The net tax bill will rise significantly if the rich pay 20% flat. You can tax them all you want but they'll just hire more accounts to shield their money in the Caymans until you take away the exemptions. Also, why unfairly tax success? "Go ahead and achieve the American Dream...just pay half of it in taxes." Single Mother X can make more money if the extra tax dollars subsidize state minimum wage funds to raise the minimum wage by a few bucks. If minimum wage was $9 /hr, then she would make $19,000 a year for a 40hr week. That's $15,000 after my flat tax, giving her an extra $3,000.

Welfare breeds laziness. If you're able-bodied, take the fishing rod and not the fish handout. My plan would only work if the gov't actually created jobs.

I don't like gays because...I just don't. I don't like how the majority get in everyone's face about their sexuality - I never see straight-pride events or straight people telling others that they're straight. I also think it's detestable that people would want to do homosexual acts, it's disgusting to me. Why would a dude want to do anything sexual to another dude? ...I'll stick with women. But as long as they aren't overbearing and in-my-face about it, they can do what they want, not my business so don't make it my business.

Foreign Policy - The US should only be involved when our national security or direct interests are a risk. That doesn't mean we should decrease our military, though.

Social - I don't think the government should give out marriage licenses anyway, but since they do, I guess it's only fair that gays get married.

Healthcare - Don't waste tax dollars giving everyone free healthcare. It'll spiral out of control within years and bankrupt us. And Obama claims that you can keep your own company, but the reality is that people will take the free option every time.

Big Government - Nope, not happening.

Education - This is America- Go to whatever school you want!!!!

Taxes - I'll agree with the flat tax.

Abortion - Only very early, or when lives are in danger. There's no good reason to kill a human being.

Affirmative Action - This is probably the most racist program liberals have thought of. When people see African Americans at top universities, they now assume that they only got in because of Affirmative Action. Get rid of it.

Euthanasia - As in assisted suicide? Gotta be careful with it, but if somebody legitimately wants to die, why would I stop them?

Guns - The 2nd amendment makes this very clear. American citizens have a right to be well armed to defend themselves against everything from intruders to big government.

Environment - I love the environment, but I think liberals use this too much to push their agenda.

Immigration - America was built on immigrants, I think we should let a lot more in but still make sure our border is very secure for national security reasons.

Social Security - Sorry FDR, this program is too big to work anymore, and needs to go.

Death Penalty - Instead of killing people, make jails a little less comfortable. Have them work every single day and really pay back society. But it depends on the nature of the crime, honestly.

MaryJ - It'd be hard for me to suggest legalizing something that we don't know the long term effects of, and marijuana companies will target minorities, young people, and the poor as their main customers.

Stem Cell research - Undecided.

Welfare- Make the income level for collecting it lower, and start drug testing those who get it. And if we're going to pay them, they should at least be doing some work....

Haha I encourage all you guys to look at this thread again in like 4 years and see how ur views have changed

Also feel free to check out the social political issues subforum if you want to talk politics

Independent all the way!

Haha I encourage all you guys to look at this thread again in like 4 years and see how ur views have changed

Also feel free to check out the social political issues subforum if you want to talk politics

Haha, I was going to post this exact same thing. I'd like to see how their political views change when they start working their first job.

Haha, I was going to post this exact same thing. I'd like to see how their political views change when they start working their first job.

I know my views changed when I went to college and made friends with people of different backgrounds than my own. Not to b a dick but most high school students dont really have the knowledge or maturity to make informed decisions on these topics. It's cute to see them try tho :p

My views changed quite a lot in only 5 months, so I can't imagine what they'll be like in 4 years, but I honestly don't think they'll sway too much since I'm basically super liberal on everything, I can't imagine going anywhere near the right wing.

My views changed quite a lot in only 5 months, so I can't imagine what they'll be like in 4 years, but I honestly don't think they'll sway too much since I'm basically super liberal on everything, I can't imagine going anywhere near the right wing.

Healthcare: the middle class of course don't have to buy private insurance. If the gov't can create an insurance system that outcompetes the privates at a lower cost, then the free market will speak.

The uber rich often pay very little taxes through exemptions. Bill Gates paid 6% a year or so ago. The net tax bill will rise significantly if the rich pay 20% flat. You can tax them all you want but they'll just hire more accounts to shield their money in the Caymans until you take away the exemptions. Also, why unfairly tax success? "Go ahead and achieve the American Dream...just pay half of it in taxes." Single Mother X can make more money if the extra tax dollars subsidize state minimum wage funds to raise the minimum wage by a few bucks. If minimum wage was $9 /hr, then she would make $19,000 a year for a 40hr week. That's $15,000 after my flat tax, giving her an extra $3,000.

Welfare breeds laziness. If you're able-bodied, take the fishing rod and not the fish handout. My plan would only work if the gov't actually created jobs.

I don't like gays because...I just don't. I don't like how the majority get in everyone's face about their sexuality - I never see straight-pride events or straight people telling others that they're straight. I also think it's detestable that people would want to do homosexual acts, it's disgusting to me. Why would a dude want to do anything sexual to another dude? ...I'll stick with women. But as long as they aren't overbearing and in-my-face about it, they can do what they want, not my business so don't make it my business.

Y u no reply?

Ive pretty much gotten more and more liberal. except about guns, I guess im more conservative in that area because Ive gotten to know many gun owners and understand the recreational aspect of it a lot better.