What do you drive?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just bought myself a 2005 Mazda 3 sp last month.
Was driving a 1994 Infiniti J30 that was slowly dieing.
Thanks to car payments my job now has me by the scruff until I get into school. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

2000 Inifiniti G20t - it was one of the last few on clearance before the sexy G35's came out that year, which I have the pleasure of driving as well since my bf has it :smuggrin:

1990 Nissan Maxima. AC no Heater, manual locks, back window keeps falling down,faded and chipping red paint, 200,000+miles on it but shooo still outdid a 94 honda before hee hee hee :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - supercharger works, transmission doesn't!!! I have to learn to be nicer to my cars.

Also have a 1995 Ninja ZX7 that I take out when I want some more tickets.

1994 Mazda protege with 160,000+ miles and runs grt. used to own stickshift 1989 honda civic. i luved that car but met with an accident. my next car? ...........Ferrari Scaglietti 612 ;)

2004 330ci.

*sigh* Too much for me, I always feel way too fortunate when driving it.

88 corolla all-trac station wagon. Beaters represent!

It rolled over to 261,000 miles on my way to work this morning. God I love that car. When I graduate I'll buy a truck for the horses but I plan to commute in this thing until it dies for good.

87 volvo wagon 330,000+ miles...im too cute to drive this grocery getter anymore :laugh:

1998 White Honda Accord EX ... needs a bath right now

crossjb said:
A Jet Black 1988 Monte Carlo SS T-Tops Car W/Spinner Rims.

They're spinnin' ni$$a, they spinnin'! - Chris Rock

=D

LOok At my Avatar!!

1990 VW corrado...dont know if it will make it through to pharm school
2009P8200036-med.JPG

1996 Black Chevrolet Camaro w/ T-tops

I drive a 2003 Black Expedition Eddie Bauer (I got to upgrade after driving a 2001 Ford Focus Wagon (the Mommy-mobile--I miss my wagon :( )
My husband has a 1999 F-150
and we have a 2003 Harley Davidson Dyna Low Ryder (Anniversary edition) really nice. After I accidentally dropped it on the lawn :eek: my husband won't let me near it :oops: woops

Members don't see this ad :)
I love my '94 Accord EX. :) Had it since high school and paid for about half of it with my own money back then.

I drive a 2004 subaru wrx with a spoiler that doesn't do anything. The suspension is beautiful. :thumbup:

'93 Nissan Altima with over 230K miles. I don't know exactly how many miles are on it since the speedometer/odometer only works after the car has warmed up. I can drive for months during the winter and not put a single mile on my car as far as the odometer is concerned. I think about 80 degrees is the coolest temperature my speedometer feels like working, luckily I live in FL so I get about half a year with a speedometer. Don't be jealous of my sweet ride, it's only a car.

I drive a 2004 Subaru WRX as well... w/ the usually mods and stuff. ;)

2002 Infiniti QX4...great SUV...it's too bad they stopped making it b/c I would definitely get another one

steel blue 2003 325i :)

2003 Silver VW Passat- 1.8T. I just had to spend $1600 on repairs due to a defective oil pump. Unfortunately it was not covered under warranty b/c somehow it slipped my mind to get my oil changed for the last year! So since I didn't keep up with the normal maintenance I had to pay for the repairs-ow! if you have a recent Passat- beware of this problem- VW knows there is a problem with oil sludge build up and defective oil pumps- they sent out letters about it last August (of course i didn't read that letter- just found it in my closet 2 days ago).

LBS615 said:
2003 Silver VW Passat- 1.8T. I just had to spend $1600 on repairs due to a defective oil pump. Unfortunately it was not covered under warranty b/c somehow it slipped my mind to get my oil changed for the last year! So since I didn't keep up with the normal maintenance I had to pay for the repairs-ow! if you have a recent Passat- beware of this problem- VW knows there is a problem with oil sludge build up and defective oil pumps- they sent out letters about it last August (of course i didn't read that letter- just found it in my closet 2 days ago).

now I don't know crap about cars - but wouldnt not changing your oil for a year cause oil sludge build up and kill your oil pump? If I do nothing else I get my oil changed every 3-4months.

Everyone drives such nice car. I drive my piece. A 92' accord EX. Wvroom Wvroom.... coug...cough..cough.

njac said:
now I don't know crap about cars - but wouldnt not changing your oil for a year cause oil sludge build up and kill your oil pump? If I do nothing else I get my oil changed every 3-4months.

with turboed vws, you need to give some time to let the turbo cool down before shuting down...hot oil + hot turbo = bad news over time. u can do this by doing two things, making sure the car idles for a minute before turning it off, or to not ride on the turbo as you approach your destination....plus changing your oil is recomended :laugh:

njac said:

Yes, you should change your oil, hoowever the mechanics at 2 different shops said that not changing your oil for a year would not cause that kind of build up. It was due to a defective oil pump, like I previously said. One of the owners of the shop even said he only changes his wife's oil about once a year. My grandfather who owned a garage also said that they can not tell you that it has to be changed every 3-5000 miles- yet that is recommended by VW. My grandfather also agreed that not changing the oil would not cause that kind of damage.

'93 Eagle Vision TSI. It has about 160K on it. God, I hope it makes it through 4 years of pharmacy school (crossing fingers!).

LBS615 said:
...One of the owners of the shop even said he only changes his wife's oil about once a year...

Sure he doesn't need to change the oil in his wife's car. If he's like the mechanics in my neck of the woods, he's ripping off all his customers. With all the money he's making off regular people, he can afford to buy her a new car whenever she wants one.

Let me count the mechanics who have ripped me off:
Bruno at Burmont and Township Line Roads in Drexel Hill...
Oh Bruno, you broke my lock cylinder when you were replacing my turn signal switch...and then you charged me for the parts & labor on the lock cylinder...

Rossi at Lynn Blvd and Township Line Road in Upper Darby....
Oh Rossi, you replaced my entire brake system, then when I brought it in for inspection a few months later, you said, "I can't believe you've been driving this around! These brakes are horrible! You could get killed!"

Kehler at Eagle Road and West Chester Pike in Havertown....
Oh Kehler, you charged me 0.5 hours of labor for a five-minute snapping-on of a windshield washer nozzle that you accomplished with minimal impact to my lunch break...

Enough about "how much money you'll make in pharmacy"...what about running a garage? Seems like a real license to print the stuff.

Actually there is a very good reason for changing your oil semi-annually, but it depends on where you live if you really need it or not.

The reason: Viscosity, which is a function of the temperature of the outdoor environment (when starting anyway).

The reasoning is really no different than why you find unsaturated fats in plants, and saturated fats in animals.

When its cold out, you want a very thin oil, so it flows decently in cold temperatures. When its warm out, you want a thicker oil, since if the oil is too thin, it won't stick to parts as well in order to lubricate them properly upon starting, it also helps to disperse heat better.

In my area, the temperature differences between summer and winter are quite large.

01 acura cl type s.
acura navigation is awesome if you don't know where you're going. :p

akbaek said:
acura navigation is awesome if you don't know where you're going. :p

Ditto... one of the best navi systems I've seen around. I'd pick that over the bmw navi and it's a close second to the lexus navi. :)

Ford Windstar (minivan - to fit 3 carseats comfortably, plus mom and dad)