What exactly counts for physics prereqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kerryweaver

Reaction score
I am a nontrad student doing a DIY career changer post bacc at a community college. Unfortunately, my school does not have premed advising.

My college offers multiple forms of algebra based physics with lab. One is somewhat of an introductory physics with lab and the other is general physics.

Both these offerings are an 8 credit sequence, both include labs, and both are offered through the physics department. Based on the course descriptions, they seem to cover similar material. The general physics course just require more prereqs which unfortunately would cost additional time and money. I could enroll in the intro physics courses without taking any prereqs (I tested out of some courses). Is it possible that the introductory physics course sequence would count towards premed prereqs? The medical schools I am most interested in are either competency based or say they require "physics with lab".

Members don't see this ad.