What Ink Are You Getting for Med School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
See my first post above. They are up there:).

lol oops I'm a dodobird sometimes lol. So where are all the tatted pre meds going to school at?? LOL I wish I was applying this year instead of 2009.

Members don't see this ad.

Several times last year I said I would get one when I got into medical school (first one). But now I don't know what I want to get.

NO YOU DONT...You want to start in 2009. Havent you heard thats when all the cool kids are going. Yep yep yep

I know..but I havent taken the MCAT yet...and I wont be FINish with school until around uhmmm DEc of '09 (all depends if i can squeeze all of my gen electives in one semester) or may '10. If I didnt take two semesters off I would have been in THIS cycle. But oh well LOL. TRust me I would love to go to school with you guys. So far you guys are the sexiest, smartest, funniest, and tattooist?? :D;) lol But I'm sure I will meet some amazing people in my app cycle.:p:p

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm afraid OCHO is right - 2009 start is the way to be!

Sweet! That means I'm gonna be hanging out with the cool, tattooed kids.

:p

Well I am just going to have to keep this thread alive for the next year so I can meet some cool tattooed kids for '09 appl cycle.

So what are you guys dream schools??? (I will take note to apply their also LOL):D:D

Well I am just going to have to keep this thread alive for the next year so I can meet some cool tattooed kids for '09 appl cycle.

So what are you guys dream schools??? (I will take note to apply their also LOL):D:D

The schools that accept me are my dream schools. If you take a look at my mdapps, you'll see I'm not being picky. At all!

Bookmark this thread and when you get ready to apply, you can do a review to see what tattoos you want to be classmates with. ;)

The schools that accept me are my dream schools. If you take a look at my mdapps, you'll see I'm not being picky. At all!

Bookmark this thread and when you get ready to apply, you can do a review to see what tattoos you want to be classmates with. ;)

cool I will do that...uhmm how do you suppose i do that LOL

All the cool kids go to NSU. :D

lol oops I'm a dodobird sometimes lol. So where are all the tatted pre meds going to school at?? LOL I wish I was applying this year instead of 2009.

Maybe I should have waited a little longer to apply! :p
Not really...I'm not getting any younger here! Plus I'm starting to get really annoyed with my job limitations!

All the cool kids go to NSU. :D

I agree 100% with this statement

Sweet! Maybe I won't stick out so much! +1 to Nova!

Nate.

Maybe I should have waited a little longer to apply! :p
Not really...I'm not getting any younger here! Plus I'm starting to get really annoyed with my job limitations!

Sweet! Maybe I won't stick out so much! +1 to Nova!

Nate.

Well you know what I wasn't really planning on applying to NSU, I dont know if I could handle the whole PARTYtown lol Granted I live in Vegas but Medical requires no distractions lol or at least that's what I'm shooting for.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok I think i did it

I have a Mac so I can tell you how to do it on mine but it's been awhile since I used a regular computer. You can always do a search on SDN too but, if you're like me, it's like looking for the pot o'gold at the end of rainbow. Kinda fruitless.

I have a Mac so I can tell you how to do it on mine but it's been awhile since I used a regular computer. You can always do a search on SDN too but, if you're like me, it's like looking for the pot o'gold at the end of rainbow. Kinda fruitless.

LOl yea I completely understand why people dont want to search for old threads

Well you know what I wasn't really planning on applying to NSU, I dont know if I could handle the whole PARTYtown lol Granted I live in Vegas but Medical requires no distractions lol or at least that's what I'm shooting for.

True, but the campus is actually far enough away from the beach/party scene that you'd have to actually work to get there.

Nate.

True, but the campus is actually far enough away from the beach/party scene that you'd have to actually work to get there.

Nate.

Ohh and another thing I am not too fond of crocs and allys... I LOVE animals but I dont think i would take it well if I saw a ally or croc in the back on my yard. LOL I'm sorry I am a diehard animal planet fiend LOL

There are going to be times when you're going to want/need a release. What better place to spend that free time/party time than South Beach?

Choose wisely. ;)

Oh yeah, and unless you've got a money tree, don't worry about over-partying in South Beach. They don't laugh at the "$9 beer night" reference from 40 Year Old Virgin down there.

There are going to be times when you're going to want/need a release. What better place to spend that free time/party time than South Beach?

Choose wisely. ;)

Oh yeah, and unless you've got a money tree, don't worry about over-partying in South Beach. They don't laugh at the "$9 beer night" reference from 40 Year Old Virgin down there.

LOL I suppose so.. I'm not a drinker or smoker my only vise is tats and piercings ( though I've taken out most of my piercings except my stretch lobes). But Maine is my ideal place for relaxation lol. I sOOO want to get into UNE

Ohh and another thing I am not too fond of crocs and allys... I LOVE animals but I dont think i would take it well if I saw a ally or croc in the back on my yard. LOL I'm sorry I am a diehard animal planet fiend LOL

Yea...I didn't see any during my interview, but I'm curious how I'll react when I see my first one...

Yea...I didn't see any during my interview, but I'm curious how I'll react when I see my first one...

I always heard if you're ever being chased to run in a zig-zag pattern. If you run straight, they can catch you but their legs are so short that if you zig-zag, they can't change direction fast enough to keep up.

I always heard if you're ever being chased to run in a zig-zag pattern. If you run straight, they can catch you but their legs are so short that if you zig-zag, they can't change direction fast enough to keep up.

That's true. It's really rare for one to pursue you past the initial lunge out of the water though. I've lived in FL all my life and I've never been concerned about alligators. A healthy respect for them and being aware of your surroundings should keep you safe. Residents of the state of Ohio, or as we like to call it down here, North Florida, can attest to the fact that a lack of respect for the Gator usually doesn't end well. :smuggrin:

In regards to crocodiles, there are some in FL, however they are rare. I've personally never seen one in the wild. Crocodiles are probably more dangerous to humans than alligators, but it's unlikely you'll ever come in contact with one.

Regardless, the presence of alligators and crocodiles should in no way influence your decision of whether or not to live FL.

Maybe I'll get an alligator tattoo.....:laugh:

That's true. It's really rare for one to pursue you past the initial lunge out of the water though. I've lived in FL all my life and I've never been concerned about alligators. A healthy respect for them and being aware of your surroundings should keep you safe. Residents of the state of Ohio, or as we like to call it down here, North Florida, can attest to the fact that a lack of respect for the Gator usually doesn't end well. :smuggrin:

In regards to crocodiles, there are some in FL, however they are rare. I've personally never seen one in the wild. Crocodiles are probably more dangerous to humans than alligators, but it's unlikely you'll ever come in contact with one.

Regardless, the presence of alligators and crocodiles should in no way influence your decision of whether or not to live FL.

Maybe I'll get an alligator tattoo.....:laugh:

LOL ok

058_sasuke.jpg

I thought the Mythbusters busted that one?? Either way...I think I'm gonna stick with that whole "aware of your surroundings," and avoidance techniques!

I too have ink....

where nobody can see! well...I mean, someone *could* see it...just not over the internet! ;)

What's the symbol in the middle?

Very nice work btw.

Thanks dear! The symbol in the middle is a valknut (also valknot depending on the resource). Its a symbol from viking times and is seen on standing stones. It represents the Norse god Odin. I actually have the pattern repeated again on the underside of the arm as well (wanna talk about painful?!), which gives two ravens and two wolves, representing Odin's four animal followers Huggin and Munnin (ravens meaning thought and memory who bring Odin all the news from the world) and his two wolves Freki and Geri.

Nate.

I actually have the pattern repeated again on the underside of the arm as well (wanna talk about painful?!), which gives two ravens and two wolves, representing Odin's four animal followers Huggin and Munnin (ravens meaning thought and memory who bring Odin all the news from the world) and his two wolves Freki and Geri.

Nate.
My ex (a Marine) cried. I thought it was the funniest thing ever. I still laugh about it.

I thought the Mythbusters busted that one?? Either way...I think I'm gonna stick with that whole "aware of your surroundings," and avoidance techniques!

Nate.

I didn't see that episode of Mythbusters, however I don't put a lot of stock in their "scientific" inquiry. How about this approach...run for the nearest tree!

The truth is, unless it's guarding it's nest or it's a large male in the midst of mating season, an alligator will do just about anything to get away from you.

Back on topic... anyone ever go to that site checkoutmyink.com ? Some pretty sweet tats on that site.

My ex (a Marine) cried. I thought it was the funniest thing ever. I still laugh about it.

*LOL* I love that!! Yea, afterward I told my artist that I'd NEVER get tattooed on the underside of my arm ever again...Less than a year later we were designing my sleeves and she reminded me of that comment...now I've got some on the other arm and plans for more...:p

*LOL* I love that!! Yea, afterward I told my artist that I'd NEVER get tattooed on the underside of my arm ever again...Less than a year later we were designing my sleeves and she reminded me of that comment...now I've got some on the other arm and plans for more...:p

I know I told Charlie I was never getting another tat on my foot but some how I am daydreaming about another one. LOL but sometimes the pain blocks that fantasy .

I know I told Charlie I was never getting another tat on my foot but some how I am daydreaming about another one. LOL but sometimes the pain blocks that fantasy .

I don't know what you're talking about...here I thought the pain WAS the fantasy! :p

I don't know what you're talking about...here I thought the pain WAS the fantasy! :p

LOL I think you are right about that though...because I think i want another tatt moreso than to care about the pain i will recieve

LOL I think you are right about that though...because I think i want another tatt moreso than to care about the pain i will recieve

Yea...I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm a complete junkie for adrenalin and endorphins...(shhh...don't tell Nova! ;) )

I waited until I had my acceptance to NSUCOM (Class of 2012) in hand before getting my first ink:

2283095040_459018b6e2.jpg

(this just reminded me that I haven't taken any photos of it since it's healed)

The graphic is of Ganesh, the Hindu god of wisdom, knowledge, and remover of obstacles. A girlfriend of mine in college acquired the image while she was traveling around the world years before we met, and I grew quite fond of it.

I'm not particularly religious, but Ganesh is the only part of my Indian heritage I ever connected with. I also figured that having a guy like this on my side for medical school would be a wise move!

*NOT a tramp stamp since it will be strategically placed on the FAR right side :)
Hopefully people don't confuse it with a tramp stamp. If I saw "I am still learning" as a tramp stamp, well that would be funny.

PunkMed, did your foot tattoo ever heal up so you can take pics and share?
:)

I'm either the most dense or the most sheltered person on this site. I've been reading the "titles" of this thread for...as long as it has existed. Internal dialogue: "what a random thread. Why ask people what pen (as in pen/writing implements/twisy bottom vs. clicky top) they prefer for note taking? OH MY GOD! It JUST dawned on me that this thread is about tatoos. I'm in the military. I SHOULD get this! Oh, boy. I'm feeling a bit silly.:D And for some reason, I felt the need to share this with you. I hope my...er...stupidity...brightens someone's day. :oops:

I'm either the most dense or the most sheltered person on this site. I've been reading the "titles" of this thread for...as long as it has existed. Internal dialogue: "what a random thread. Why ask people what pen (as in pen/writing implements/twisy bottom vs. clicky top) they prefer for note taking? OH MY GOD! It JUST dawned on me that this thread is about tatoos. I'm in the military. I SHOULD get this! Oh, boy. I'm feeling a bit silly.:D And for some reason, I felt the need to share this with you. I hope my...er...stupidity...brightens someone's day. :oops:

I read your statement...and then your signature...and laughed for a while

That's not my leg. I am not an ironman at this point. Maybe one day.

I want more, but I don't think the white trash look is for me. I might get one on the side of my foot with my friend... Agh I don't know.
l_9f04ad135442409fc02bc930503d2d98f.jpg

That's actually not just an "S". It's basically a symbol of my last name. I promise.
l_e023df71ead1f99110d6386259e1c097.jpg

Typical Koi fish. It's tiny and it's on my hip bone :) This looks all gross cuz it was when it was first done.

PunkMed, did your foot tattoo ever heal up so you can take pics and share?
:)

Yeah its healed. Uhmm how do I get the cell pics to SDN?? lol I am not that cellphone savy LOL