What is mksap for internal medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

afrothunderman1

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys for the Internal Medicine clerkship, many people have advocated doing the MKSAP question bank in addition to Uworld. What exactly is MKSAP? Where can I find the Internal Medicine MKSAP question bank? Is it a free or affordable question bank?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
For my medicine clerkship we did sections of MKSAP for students 5 as linked above. This is the students version. Our site just gave us the questions + answers in printed format, so I don't know how they are obtained normally.

There is also MKSAP 16, which is designed for interns, residents and IM docs for their board recertification. We didn't do any of those during my clerkship.

For what its worth, I didn't find MKSAP too helpful for the shelf. If I could go back, I would have rather spent the time repeating UWorld, and maybe done some PreTest as well.

Reactions: 1 users
ive done like 10 mksap questions and they seem to be good for reviewing topics but the answer explanations aren't even close to the amount of depth of uworld. then again a lot of my friends say that they didn't read most of the uworld explanation because they had no time so i don't know how useful it is but i can't keep myself from reading everything

ive done like 10 mksap questions and they seem to be good for reviewing topics but the answer explanations aren't even close to the amount of depth of uworld. then again a lot of my friends say that they didn't read most of the uworld explanation because they had no time so i don't know how useful it is but i can't keep myself from reading everything

I only finished 3/4 of UWorld IM but still did really well on the shelf exam (95th percentile). I literally did nothing else, but IM was my second-to-last rotation. My buddies finished all of the questions and supplemented with Step Up To Medicine, and they all scored in the 97-99th percentile. Psh... AOA candidates, amirite? Read everything.

To me MKSAP is almost step 3-ish. It tends to focus on management and medical updates. The shelf does not solely test these, although it helps.