What is the most amount of hours you study per day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PinkZinfandel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many hours per day you do spend studying? Assume you are taking the DAT in 2 months.

Members don't see this ad.

On the 4 days a week when I worked 9 hours a day, I would study about 4-5 hours. On my days off I would usually put in 8-12 hours a day. This went on for about 8 weeks

Typically from 8-4, with a little break in there for lunch. I usually take weekends off/just light review, to spend with family/friends. I have a night class (easy) starting next week, though, so those days will be lighter of course. I am following Ari's 10 week plan, btw.

I studied about 2 month. Started studying in June and took my exam in August. Spent at least 8 hours a day (typically 8-12 hours).
Set up goals for the day (ex. I will finish 2 sections of Ochem 2 Bio 1 Chem and do 1 practice exam for science section before I go to bed etc etc). I took breaks during lunch/dinner. Practiced PAT when I got sick of studying science, I went for a ~15min walk or took a coffee break after 2~3 hours of studying..
When my brain stopped functioning, I read DAT forum to motivate myself to get the score I want. Played games once or twice a week (max 2 hours I think..) to refresh myself.

Members don't see this ad :)
For me it was:
1. Wake up and do DAT Bootcamp question of the day on my phone.
2. Shower and eat a small breakfast
3.Study for 3 hours (review concepts missed, chads vids or dat destroyer)
4. Nap for 1 hour and then eat (I need my power naps)
5. Go to work (part-time tutor 4 hrs a day)
6. Go home and eat
7. Study for 2 hours (destroyer, bootcamp)
8. Sleep
Did this for almost 3 months......

Studying at least 8 hours a day for 9 total weeks. I broke up my time into 3-week periods with the first three weeks being for review of material because it's been a while for me for most of the basic science. Will evaluate after first three weeks. I generally like taking it one subject at a time so one week bio one week gen chem and one week orgo. I throw in 1-2 days each of those weeks for PAT/math questions and 1 day to review already covered material.

My next three week period will be for either more emphasis on practicing questions and/or review of subjects that I feel I need emphasis in. Going to wear out the DAT destroyer during this time

Last three weeks will be for taking full length practice tests. Depending how comfortable I am with the material by then I'm aiming to take 10-12 practice tests. Practice makes perfect. Gonna do tests in the morning then review answers in the afternoons.

This is the plan for now and subject to change where needed. Constant evaluation will take place along with constant intermittent flash card usage.

That'll let you know how it works out after July 29 haha

It is simple. As long as it takes you to learn what you wanted to learn those days.

I studied for 3 months, give or take a few days. Up until the last week, I studied 4-5 hours a day. The last week, I studied 6-7 hours a day.

Same as Glimmer. Personally noticed more than 4 or 5 hours became inefficient.

Reactions: 1 user