What it means if PD does not communicate after interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kemc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been interview at about 12 places and have been in constant contact with PD of 3 programs, however i liked the Henry Ford's FM program but have not heard anything from the PD after my interview with him. Is this not a good thing for me ??? should i rank it high or not ??? I also have heard that some PD don't communicate after interviews. Any one have experienced the same situation, specially about Henry Ford ????
I appreciate any input!

Members don't see this ad.

it doesn't necessarily mean anything. i would send a letter of interest before rank day.

the way the match works, you should give your highest rank number to the place YOU want to go to the most. you don't have to care about how they will rank you (except if you think that a lack of interest on their part may translate negatively into your residency experience) because the match is rigged in favor of the student. If you rank them #1 and they have ranked you high enough, then you should get that spot. if they dont rank u high enough, then the match will move to your second choice. etc. (as far as i know)

Don't read into it. You can't determine the significance. I didn't hear any thing from my (then future) PD and it turns out I was ranked fairly well.

Agree strongly with kemc. The system is biased toward the applicant. Rank where you want to go. Ease off on the stradggedy.