What kind of Masters would help a Bsc with a low GPA (2.75) to get into Dent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hydrogen8

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What kind of Masters? Any specific type recommended?

Would like a 2-year research Msc in Biochemistry work? or are there other specific kinds of masters which would increase my chances greater?

Members don't see this ad.

I think that most science master's degrees will be fine. Though I will stipulate that it depends on what your thesis would be on. If your thesis is health related it can definitely increase your chances. Plus it'll make you more competitive for schools that specialize in research.

My master's was through an orofacial pain research lab and so my thesis tied directly in with dentistry. Most people aren't that lucky. If I were you, I'd contact a few of the schools that you're interested in and explain your situation. Ask if there is any specific master's degree they would recommend. I'm willing to bet most schools won't be too particular about what degree you get. But you should still check, rather than just taking my word for it.

Check out the BU Oral Health Sciences program. They have a very good track record of getting people into dental school.