What to bring with you into the interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChiefToma

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What should you bring inot an interview? if anyhting?

A pen? a notepad? :confused:

please advise.

Members don't see this ad.

I usually bring a pen and notepad though I hardly ever use it. I just bring this stuff with me to carry any handouts that might be given though usually they provide a folder. Sometimes during information sessions they give important info that you might want to jot down and use during the interview or ask about. Hope that helps!

..don't forget to bring chapstick! you don't want to be talking to your interviewer with chapped lips, right? It's annoying! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
i would bring a leather bound folder thing... rarely used it except to write certain points of conversation- i.e. a couple interviwers told me about books to read. i would keep business cards in it, make notes about the presentations, etc.

One thing you might want to ask is if there is much walking so you can have comfortable shoes if needed.

Listen Chief........bring ur pen........game over

I recommend bringing a disarmingly charming disposition and a million-dollar smile. Everything else is fluff. If having fluff improves your disposition or smile (chapstick ?) then by all means bring it with you.

ChiefToma said:

please advise.

A positive attitude, comfortable shoes, reasons why you love the school!

(And a pen.)

angelinebear said:
..don't forget to bring chapstick! you don't want to be talking to your interviewer with chapped lips, right? It's annoying! :)

A toothpick or piece of floss is not a bad idea either if you have an afternoon interview and plan to eat any of the freebie lunch.

Leather bound portfolio with notepad inside, eye drops, a NICE pen (not a bic), chapstick, a smile, and a lint roller.

What you take inside: portfolio (can fill it up with stuff to read while waiting), pen, smile.

ChiefToma said:

please advise.

DEFINITELY, DEFINITELY bring a number 2 pencil. I have found that this has been very important at several steps of the application process.

Number 2 pencil? I've never had to have one of those...

1-3 $100 bills...depending on how many interviewers you have.