When to expect interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Limerick is the only other school that interviews and invites go out around mid March I believe.

^This is correct- Limerick and RCSI are the only schools that conduct interviews. Beyond what I previously mentioned, I don't know much about the interview schedule and expected date ranges during which they notify applicants. RCSI sends a few doctors/professors over to conduct interviews, so their travel schedules are adjusted such that they don't coincide with teaching days.

Also, some of the non-interviewing schools might send out acceptances before one hears back from RCSI or Limerick...

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying to the 5 year program at RCSI and Trinity College.

Stats:
US Citizen
Graduated with a B.S.
Nonscience Major but have done all the required math/science/english premedical courses (biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, physics, physiology, calculus, statistics)
GPA: Overall: 3.92, Science: 3.75
Publication in a Major Medical Journal
Excellent Letters of Recommendation
Various EC's both medically and nonmedically related.

My application was regarded as "complete" and ready for review by ABP on January 31st, 2012. I see interviews are all ready sent out for RCSI, and was wondering if I still have a chance at getting an interview because my application was complete so late? Should I contact ABP and ask them about if I am still eligible for possibly receiving an interview offer?

This is my first time applying to medical schools, and wanted to know how these stats fare in terms of competitiveness for admission into RCSI or Trinity?

Thank you all.

I just got an email as well from ABP to interview in Toronto between the 27th and 29th of February... I'm excited and nervous all at once!

Members don't see this ad :)
Still no word on the Vancouver interviews? You would think they would give us a little more warning so we can book flights and such.

Still no news
Ontario here.

Has ANYONE got rejected?

I'm not 100% sure but, I don't think they send out rejection letters this early unless an applicant didn't meet necessary criteria.

Last edited:
Still no news
Ontario here.

Has ANYONE got rejected?

They won't send out rejections until after 1st and 2nd round acceptances. Or they might even send them out after 3rd round? Not too sure.

Acceptances are sent out the 2nd or 3rd week of March and you have 2 weeks to decide.

Anyone has any idea about the stats after receiving an interview? How many people are accepted after an interview? And how many are interviewed?

I am applying to the 5 year program at RCSI and Trinity College.

Stats:
US Citizen
Graduated with a B.S.
Nonscience Major but have done all the required math/science/english premedical courses (biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, physics, physiology, calculus, statistics)
GPA: Overall: 3.92, Science: 3.75
Publication in a Major Medical Journal
Excellent Letters of Recommendation
Various EC's both medically and nonmedically related.

My application was regarded as "complete" and ready for review by ABP on January 31st, 2012. I see interviews are all ready sent out for RCSI, and was wondering if I still have a chance at getting an interview because my application was complete so late? Should I contact ABP and ask them about if I am still eligible for possibly receiving an interview offer?

This is my first time applying to medical schools, and wanted to know how these stats fare in terms of competitiveness for admission into RCSI or Trinity?

Thank you all.

what do you all think? starting to get nervous since people all ready getting interview invites. I thought my stats are competitive enough... is it because my application was complete so late that I may not receive an interview offer now?

^ Your GPA is competitive. Did you write the MCATs? Also January 31st does seem to be a bit late. I applied for the 4 year program at RCSI and completed my application before November 15th 2011. I was under the impression that the deadline was in November, 2011 however if they still received your application than I'm not too sure. I have similar stats to yours with an MCAT of 32Q and received an e-mail yesterday for an interview in Toronto.

Best of luck

^ Your GPA is competitive. Did you write the MCATs? Also January 31st does seem to be a bit late. I applied for the 4 year program at RCSI and completed my application before November 15th 2011. I was under the impression that the deadline was in November, 2011 however if they still received your application than I'm not too sure. I have similar stats to yours with an MCAT of 32Q and received an e-mail yesterday for an interview in Toronto.

Best of luck

ABP told me the deadline was Jan 15th, but they accepted my application and was sent a confirmation of completion of application on Jan 31st. I don't know where this Nov deadline is coming from. I didnt think they have rolling admissions, so I thought it didnt matter when one applied to ABP.

Best of luck

I am applying to the 5 year program and that does not need the MCAT. I emailed them this past weekend asking them that if selected for an interview, when I would hear from them and they havent responded back yet to that. Do you think it would be a good idea to call to ask this question or should I just wait it out now? I was planning to call near the end of the week (Friday) if they dont respond till then but scared I may appear like an annoying applicant.

Members don't see this ad :)
According to some of the previous posts, there are several rounds of interviews and acceptances after that. I was under the impression that they will be sending out interview invitations over the next couple of weeks. In the FAQs section, they said they wouldn't give out any personal information over the phone, they can only send you personal information to the e-mail address you gave them. I'm sure you can still phone them with general questions but it may be a bit early at this point, interviews don't even start for anther few weeks.

According to some of the previous posts, there are several rounds of interviews and acceptances after that. I was under the impression that they will be sending out interview invitations over the next couple of weeks. In the FAQs section, they said they wouldn't give out any personal information over the phone, they can only send you personal information to the e-mail address you gave them. I'm sure you can still phone them with general questions but it may be a bit early at this point, interviews don't even start for anther few weeks.

so now is not the time to panic? im just panicking thinking they have offered all interviews all ready

and i guess no news is good news? so hold off on the calling you think?

Call them if you want but, considering you sent in your application on January 31st they may not have even looked at your application yet, they do have to go through 1000+ applications and in the FAQ section they don't even start until late January.

Alexander III:
If ABP just received your package there is no use calling as it wont be in Ireland for a while. When we send cards and such over it usually takes about 2 and a half weeks.

Alexander III:
If ABP just received your package there is no use calling as it wont be in Ireland for a while. When we send cards and such over it usually takes about 2 and a half weeks.

they send the application file to Ireland? They dont review the applications here in California?

From my understanding, yes. ABP acts as a "middle man" for lack of a better term.

So no one in the west coast has received an invitation yet?

I wonder if the east coast (Toronto) has finished giving out interview yet, still crossing my fingers for an interivew in Toronto...I only saw 2 ppl posting here. But maybe a lot of ppl don't post.

I wonder if the east coast (Toronto) has finished giving out interview yet, still crossing my fingers for an interivew in Toronto...I only saw 2 ppl posting here. But maybe a lot of ppl don't post.

Unfortunately, all of the first round of interviews have already been handed out.

The deadline to schedule an appointment for those in the East Coast of Canada (Toronto) was Monday, February 7th, 2012. I presume they will have another set of interviews late March, early April.

Late March or early April for second round interviews? that seems like big gap since historically they send out the first round of acceptances in mid march. Do they schedule second round interviews after handing out some acceptances?

Late March or early April for second round interviews? that seems like big gap since historically they send out the first round of acceptances in mid march. Do they schedule second round interviews after handing out some acceptances?

Well they need to give the people they interview at least 1 month notice before so they can arrange themselves. And I would imagine many people do not attend the interview or deny the request of admission so yes, they probably do give out offers of admission before the second round.

Okay, so I looked through a number of different forums/threads and here's what I've gathered about the 4 year GEP program. Only applicants who completed their application before the November 15th deadline were given interview invitations for the first round (late February / early March). Everybody else will be considered for the next round(s) of interviews starting in late March/early April. There does not appear to be any significant preference given to the first round applicants however, there may be less overall spots available when the second round of interviewees start interviewing since acceptance letters may be given out as early March 15th. So basically, if you were given an interview invitation already congratulations, if you haven't heard anything yet than just be patient because the next round of interview invitations should be given out in the next 10-20 days. If I made any mistakes please correct me and good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, all of the first round of interviews have already been handed out.

The deadline to schedule an appointment for those in the East Coast of Canada (Toronto) was Monday, February 7th, 2012. I presume they will have another set of interviews late March, early April.

They deadline for me to schedule my interview is tomorrow, so it may have been different for everyone. Although they only asked me for an interview this Monday so I may have been a last minute request or something.

I was given 3 weeks notice for this one... thankfully I live close to Toronto so it won't be a problem for me to get there.

Okay, so I looked through a number of different forums/threads and here's what I've gathered about the 4 year GEP program. Only applicants who completed their application before the November 15th deadline were given interview invitations for the first round (late February / early March). Everybody else will be considered for the next round(s) of interviews starting in late March/early April. There does not appear to be any significant preference given to the first round applicants however, there may be less overall spots available when the second round of interviewees start interviewing since acceptance letters may be given out as early March 15th. So basically, if you were given an interview invitation already congratulations, if you haven't heard anything yet than just be patient because the next round of interview invitations should be given out in the next 10-20 days. If I made any mistakes please correct me and good luck everyone.

how sure are you that there will be a second round of interviews? If my app was complete on jan 31st, will it be considered for second round?

Since I'm not on the admissions committee, I can't be 100% sure but, looking back through the forums there has been at least 2 rounds of interviews since 2005 (Didn't bother looking back further) and ABP applicants are notorious for getting accepted and either rejecting the offer for a cheaper medical school or simply can't go at all because of the costs. If you want to know for sure, you can probably call them and they may even give you a tentative date as to when the second round of invitations will be sent out.

I got a first-round interview (February 27-29) even though I didn't make the November 15th deadline; however, I got all of my required/supplemental documents in at the end of December--in time for the "late deadline" of January 15th. If you sent it in after this second deadline, I'm guessing your chances for a first-round interview might be less likely. Best of luck :)

there will definetly be a second round of interviews in april. so i guess for those who either submitted their application late or for whatever reason didnt get an interview for the first round will have to wait a while to hear anything.

Blazers I honestly think you'll be fine. Previous threads and their posts suggest that the 5 year programs favor high GPA's, and you seem to have done quite well. The best thing to do is to start preparing yourself for an interview, as you never know how much notice they will give you when it comes

Does anyone know what the stats are like after receiving an interview?

How many interviews are given? And of those how many acceptances go out?

Just want to figure out my chances :)

its weird that only toronto ppl have gotten invites.. Has ABP forgotten about the west coast? hmmm...

its weird that only toronto ppl have gotten invites.. Has ABP forgotten about the west coast? hmmm...

No, I haven't got my invitation "yet"
I thought my stats was competitive enough for RCSI, but guess not anymore.
I'm in Toronto and all of my application materials were submitted before Nov. 15, 2011.

Abp hasn't forgot about the west coast. They are only doing one day of interviews however. I received my interview on Monday.

dr 135 are you a vancouverite? also is it just one day for this round?

I am a west coaster and have yet to hear back from RCSI. Getting a little nervous as I thought my application was competitive but who knows. Still have my fingers crossed.

Sorry if this sounds stupid but are interview invites sent out via email or snail mail?

Thanks.

Last edited:
RCSI interviews are sent via e-mail and then you have to call ABP to make an appointment. Not sure about Limerick.

I just received an interview invitation for RCSI on March 3rd in Vancouver. Good luck to all of you Vancouverite/West Coast hopefuls.

I just received an interview invitation for RCSI on March 3rd in Vancouver. Good luck to all of you Vancouverite/West Coast hopefuls.

Awesome news. They are still giving them out.

Last edited:

March 3rd or march 2nd? I was told they were only doing one day, March second.

Received interview invite for RCSI five-year program this morning and called ABP to confirm interview in Vancouver in the first week of March!

Received interview invite for RCSI five-year program this morning and called ABP to confirm interview in Vancouver in the first week of March!

congrats! I am also applying to the 5 year program at RCSI. When was your application complete?

I am hoping that I didnt get a first round interview because of the fact that my application was complete really late (on jan 31st). But I am hoping for a second round interview..