When to start counting hours?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

schrodingers_box

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I was employed as a medical assistant all through high school. I then left for the first semester of my undergrad and came back to the same job and worked as an MA all summer.

Should I only count the hours from that summer or should I include it all?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,

I was employed as a medical assistant all through high school. I then left for the first semester of my undergrad and came back to the same job and worked as an MA all summer.

Should I only count the hours from that summer or should I include it all?
Count the hours starting after HS graduation. But if you have things to say about this job inspiring you to pursue medicine, you can include that in your essays.

Reactions: 1 user
I believe that you can list all the hours you've been employed. If someone were to check with your employer, they would state that you began on the date you were hired... not a date years later after you graduated from high school. You can break up the periods to continuous through July or August and then resuming in May/June the following year which would make it clear that there was a break in your employment at that site while you were in school (and perhaps a long distance from the facility).

Reactions: 6 users