Where are you applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
OI! some of you are my competition I see :) but eh I will post my list for the heck of it, if anyone wants to caht about a specific school PM me aye

umm... where to begin

U of Minnesota <<< started as goal school but not so sure now
Drexel <<< probably preferred school now
CUNY John Jay (forensic clinical) <<<< got an interview!
U of Vermont <<<< no clue bout these guys, slow and laid back up there I guess
Sam Houston State U <<< pumped about this school for some reason
U Missouri St Louis
U nebraska Lincoln
UIC
U Alabama at Tuscaloosa
Florida State
Fordham
U of Arizona

Almost all of them are psych/forensic or psych and law programs
Others have people doing related research

Justin

Members don't see this ad :)
Prisonpsych, we seem to be applying to similar schools...
who are you looking to work with at drexel and west virginia?

Who is your POI at Cincinnati?

Hey neuropsyance, I'm applying to work primarily with Krista Medina as I have a neuroscience of substance abuse background, although I also stated an interest in working with Bruce Schefft or Paula Shear.

Places I'm applying:
Northwestern Feinberg
Yeshiva University
Suffolk
Fordham
La Salle
PCOM
Virginia Commonwealth
Virginia Consortium
University of Conneticut
George Mason
Loyola in MD

Those who are applying to Feinberg. Who is your POI?

I'm a 4th year PsyD at Antioch Santa Barbara... I love the program. I think it is patterned after Antioch New England. Good luck!

Hey neuropsyance, I'm applying to work primarily with Krista Medina as I have a neuroscience of substance abuse background, although I also stated an interest in working with Bruce Schefft or Paula Shear.

I'll make you a deal. If I get accepted to work with Medina I'll turn them down. If you get an offer to work with Schefft you turn that down.

Just to help eachother out you know? :laugh: J/k of course, good luck! Who knows maybe we'll both end up there, that'd be hilarious!

Sounds good. ;) I'm probably going to be Medina or bust, her work is *exactly* the kind of thing I'm interested in and if I do get an interview I'm probably going to say that. I'll let you know if I get an interview, maybe we'll have the same interview day. I hate the stories I read about people whose co-interviewees are frigid; I understand that we are competing (although not necessarily, bc a prof who thinks you are a good fit for them might not want anything to do with me and vice versa) but there's absolutely no point in letting that breed animosity. We are all in this together!

I'll make you a deal. If I get accepted to work with Medina I'll turn them down. If you get an offer to work with Schefft you turn that down.

Just to help eachother out you know? :laugh: J/k of course, good luck! Who knows maybe we'll both end up there, that'd be hilarious!

I have past experience with both Scheft and Medina, I will tell yah I truly like them both, both great to work with. Scheft has the luxury of the neuroscience institute though which is nice. Either way, if you can, try and get involved with CCHMC. its one of the bestp laces I have ever worked for :)

gl you two, remember Cincinnati is an acquired taste, once you get it you love it!

J

I have past experience with both Scheft and Medina, I will tell yah I truly like them both, both great to work with. Scheft has the luxury of the neuroscience institute though which is nice. Either way, if you can, try and get involved with CCHMC. its one of the bestp laces I have ever worked for :)

gl you two, remember Cincinnati is an acquired taste, once you get it you love it!

J

Not sure on how much experience you have with Schefft, but I will be asking you for pointers, should I get an interview there.

Sounds good. ;) I'm probably going to be Medina or bust, her work is *exactly* the kind of thing I'm interested in and if I do get an interview I'm probably going to say that. I'll let you know if I get an interview, maybe we'll have the same interview day. I hate the stories I read about people whose co-interviewees are frigid; I understand that we are competing (although not necessarily, bc a prof who thinks you are a good fit for them might not want anything to do with me and vice versa) but there's absolutely no point in letting that breed animosity. We are all in this together!

I like your attitude! I'll let you know if I get an interview as well.

OI! some of you are my competition I see :) but eh I will post my list for the heck of it, if anyone wants to caht about a specific school PM me aye

umm... where to begin

U of Minnesota <<< started as goal school but not so sure now
Drexel <<< probably preferred school now
CUNY John Jay (forensic clinical) <<<< got an interview!
U of Vermont <<<< no clue bout these guys, slow and laid back up there I guess
Sam Houston State U <<< pumped about this school for some reason
U Missouri St Louis
U nebraska Lincoln
UIC
U Alabama at Tuscaloosa
Florida State
Fordham
U of Arizona

Almost all of them are psych/forensic or psych and law programs
Others have people doing related research

Justin

Congrats on the John Jay interview! Who are you applying to work with?

I think I speak for all of us who applied to a very large number programs when I say, "Man, am I glad that's over with!!!". I applied to 14 clinical programs. They are:

Drexel
Temple
Penn State
Univ. of Cincy
Indiana University
Vanderbilt
Wash U
Northwestern (Feinberg School of Medicine)
UIC
U Florida
UT-Southwestern
U Arizona
UCLA
SDSU/UCSD JDP

I'm also applying to work with Medina and I agree, there really is no point in letting competitiveness get in the way of forming beneficial relationships. We are in this together! Who else knows what a big pain in the butt the application process is other than the people on this forum??? Anyway, had to say thanks for the good vibes. B)

These are all Clinical PhD programs (not in rank of preference). I'm so glad the applications are DONE DONE DONE! :D

U Washington
U Oregon
SDSU/UCSD
U Denver (Child Clinical)
U Texas-Austin (btw got the interview invite)
U Cincinnati
U Minnesota
U Illinois-Chicago
Syracuse U
Penn State U
Georgia State U

If anyone has any questions about the faculty or program at U Central Florida, feel free to shoot me a message :)

Good luck everyone!

Not sure on how much experience you have with Schefft, but I will be asking you for pointers, should I get an interview there.

Scheft is a great guy, feel free and I will try my best, fortunately though he has A LOT of info on him online already, so you could learn a lot from that alone. Especially pay attention to the Neuroscience Institute

J

ps. I did a collaboration with him when I was working with Dr. Peter Chiu, both excellent neuroscience guys.

It's always nice when you read the lists of where others are applying to and none of your schools are there :D